Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724273 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: 215 Hours Until Unification Day
« Reply #3450 on: January 27, 2016, 12:07:18 pm »

Ok, lets not start plot guessing before the games even out.This is not going to be like FNAF.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: January 27, 2016, 12:09:31 pm »

You know what I really wonder about going into this? The curve of time of victory looks like. (and, I suppose to curve of time of defeat)

And I mean in game time. How many months in game does a really fast run take, how many months does a super slow drawn out win take, and what is the average like? I've sorta wondered this for all xcom games really: how spread out the win condition is? How possible is it for a game to get bogged down and desperate but still with the ability to come back?
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: January 27, 2016, 12:25:10 pm »

Ok, lets not start plot guessing before the games even out.This is not going to be like FNAF.
Well the things that happened in the Bureau are mentioned in EW so the theory has a bit of substance and from the looks of things is actually being hinted at in Xcom2.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:40:04 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: January 27, 2016, 12:31:48 pm »

Well I guess now I gotta finish The Bureau.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: January 27, 2016, 12:52:55 pm »

...I thought that the Bureau took place like... 50 years before Enemy Unknown and the Earth already got invaded by aliens.  Did every world leader, and everyone involved in defending the Earth, take that secret to their deaths?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: January 27, 2016, 12:57:50 pm »

...I thought that the Bureau took place like... 50 years before Enemy Unknown and the Earth already got invaded by aliens.  Did every world leader, and everyone involved in defending the Earth, take that secret to their deaths?

Given how public the whole thing was...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: January 27, 2016, 01:00:31 pm »

Given how public the whole thing was...
Apparently only the US was invaded and... ok, I have no idea how the Bureau managed to hide the event (ending says "with the help of the aliens", but still), especially since there are quite a few witnesses.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: January 27, 2016, 01:11:08 pm »

Never played it, bu if all else fails it was simply covered up via mindcontrol.

Is The Bureau canon in the XCOM universe anyway?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: January 27, 2016, 01:23:56 pm »

Canonically... pretty much yes. Even Vahlen with all her access only found some blank articles refering to somethjing that happened in 1962 but nothing really concrete.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for hiding... the thing is pretty contrived but it goes like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:26:07 pm by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: January 27, 2016, 01:44:45 pm »

Hey, hey. The EXALT relay -> reload thing makes perfect sense from the right perspective.

They use SupCom/TA/PA/whatever-style transmission of matter and energy to load ammunition/charge into the guns; the magazines are just props. When you shut down a relay you break the connection between it, the ammo source, and the currently loaded "magazines". When they reload after, they're swapping to a "magazine" with an intact connection to a different relay.

Boom.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: January 27, 2016, 01:48:00 pm »

This means their machineguns are the most advanced projectile weapons in the world if the lead is transmitted to them via thin air.
Makes some sense with laser weapons i guess.
Self promotion below.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: January 27, 2016, 02:30:39 pm »

Hey, hey. The EXALT relay -> reload thing makes perfect sense from the right perspective.
I honestly read that as one part devs being lazy and just applying the Disabling Shot effect to all EXALTs, one part as 'we've got no intel on safe cover, might as well reload while we're stuck rebooting the comms'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: January 27, 2016, 03:49:15 pm »

Is that enough time to secretly build, and then abandon, a giant mobile fortress?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: January 27, 2016, 03:56:16 pm »

Is that enough time to secretly build, and then abandon, a giant mobile fortress?

It wasn't even the world leaders, it was just America who was involved with the Bureau, and considering the time period they were trying to keep info from the Russians and those they would consider communists.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: January 27, 2016, 04:02:01 pm »

Look lets put it this way... The aliens were as well covered up as the Transformers in the movies.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 469