Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Randomized Nuzlocke: Leaf Green (I)SG  (Read 8024 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Randomized Nuzlocke: Leaf Green (I)SG
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »

Go get pokeballs and go catch that cool electric dog thing. It's cool.
+1

After that, get a pokedex. We desperately need one.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 10:29:52 am »

Within you a deep urge arises, a primal calling, a divine purpose. With an animal howl you scream out: "GOTTA CATCH'EM AAAAAALL!". Images of friendship and fingerless gloves appear before your eyes, then all is still.

Pokeballs. You need pokeballs.

You make your way to the Viridian branch of the Pokemart - the global mega-monopoly in control of nearly all goods and services. They don't even pursue profit anymore, hence the free pokemon clinics in every town (called Pokecenters) with free pokemon storage and transfer services. Yet, beneath their philanthropic exterior there lies a malice, not hidden even to your sluggish 12-year old mind. They're up to something. You just don't know what.

Anyway, doors slide open to your approach. The store is nicely air conditioned, you cool a down a bit before approaching the counter (browsing the shelves are for amateurs). The cashier regards you with disdain. He grinds his cigarette on the wooden counter leaving a round burn mark on the wood.

"You from Pallet Town kid?"

"No."

"No?"

"...yes"

"Good." He pulls out a small package from beneath the counter, then lights another cigarette. "Need this delivered to Professor Oak." Then he slides the package over to you.

"Don't know him" You lie and slide it back. The cashier just stares at you. You stare back. Minutes pass.

"Alright I know him! But I don't wanna go back. Can't you go? It's your job isn't it?"

"Don't feel like it. Too hot outside."

"Well I'm not doing it. Just give me some pokeballs and I'll be on my way"

"No."

"No??"

"No."

"...but you can't do that!"

"The hell I can't. What does this say kid?" He points to a label on his shirt. You squint and read:

"Pokemart employee #2,302"

"That's right. That means I can do whatever the fuck I want. Pokemart owns everything, that includes you. I work for pokemart, hence I own you. You want something from my store, you do what I say."

"T-this is bullshit! This isn't fair."

"Well tears won't make it otherwise." He slides the package back. Gazing up into the darkness you see yourself as a creature driven and derided by vanity; and your eyes burn with anguish and anger. You wipe your tears and take the package.

"Fuck you!" And you run out.

"Love you too!" He calls out, his mocking laughter ringing through the hollow air.

You run back to Pallet town, avoiding the grass and sliding down cliffs. You skin several appendages but do not allow yourself to feel the pain through the anger. You barge into Oak's office, slam the package into Oak's hands and, without a word, turn to leave. Oak grabs you by the shoulder.

"Wait, I have something for you." You try to run, but grip is too strong...as always. Then, Snoopdog stomps in and demands to know why he's been summoned. Oak releases you and goes to a table behind him. You're not really listening to him anymore, but he hands you some sort of PDA device. It's called a Pokedex. He wants to you collect pokemon and fill up the pokedex, whatever that means. He gives each of you 5 pokeballs as well. You take them and leave. Snoopdog mentions something about a map and his sister, and runs off as well.

You're outside the "lab". You vow never to return to this town.

What do you do?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2015, 04:40:48 pm »

Seduce Snoopdog's sister. (Go get that map)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 06:16:10 pm »

+1
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 09:59:47 am »

Snoopdog mentioned his sister and a map. Daisy. Ah Daisy, light of your life, fire of your loins, your sin, your soul!

You go Snoopdog's house and knock at the door. Daisy answers, she looks around, then down at you. You try to stand straight, taller, and curse your genes and your pre-adolescence. She looks amused and invites you inside. She is drinking tea, as usual, and offers you some. She smells of lilacs in bloom. You refuse, trying to sound busy and important. She shrugs and sits down.

"Are you here for the map?"

"Map? ...oh. Yes."

"I thought so. That idiot brother of mine went off in a rush-" She gets up and rifles through a cabinet "-Told me not to give you the other map; childish." She hands you a rolled up, laminated map. You take it, thank her and turn to leave. You get to the door, but feel compelled to say something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then you leave before you make a further ass of yourself.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 05:31:34 pm »

Well, we've got Pokeballs, and we've made a declaration of intent regarding our life's goal. Now to take that first step towards adulthood, or at least towards having more than one Pokemon. Let's go catch ourselves an electric dog. (A.k.a 'Project: Roll Around in the Tall Grass')
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2015, 11:50:12 am »

Throw a pokeball at Snoopdogs sister.
i don't care it's not possible... Do it anyway.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2015, 04:01:39 pm »

Throw a pokeball at Snoopdogs sister.
i don't care it's not possible... Do it anyway.

Aaaand...she confiscated your pokeball. (-1 pokeball). Shoot, so close too! But you know what they say, you can't catch love...unless it's an STD.

Anyway...

Well, we've got Pokeballs, and we've made a declaration of intent regarding our life's goal. Now to take that first step towards adulthood, or at least towards having more than one Pokemon. Let's go catch ourselves an electric dog. (A.k.a 'Project: Roll Around in the Tall Grass')

That electric dog needs to be identified, caught and named. You venture into the wilderness (i.e slightly tall grass). Immediately you encounter this:

The pokedex-thing lights up, apparently its an "Girafarig" (( as an aside, apparently pokemon names are in the spell check dictionary )). Also Oscar is apparently a "Wurmple" and has the following attacks:

Tackle
Poison Sting
String shot

Hmm, so the device isn't totally useless after all...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2015, 06:27:05 pm »

That's the ugliest electric dog ever. Half of it isn't even electric. Kill it!
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »

(( lol, that girafarig drawing is so terrible I can't help but laugh when I look at. It has a lazy eye fergodsakes! And no hoofs!))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 11:15:15 pm »

(( lol, that girafarig drawing is so terrible I can't help but laugh when I look at. It has a lazy eye fergodsakes! And no hoofs!))
Hey, he tried his best!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2015, 11:25:52 pm »

Hey, he tried his best!
(The joke is that I stupidly "misunderstood" a girafarig for a jolteon. Like mistaking a shoggoth for a poodle, a shoggoth would make for one ugly-ass poodle.)
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2015, 10:29:26 am »

Afterwards, Oscar starts eating the brain, you return it to its pokeball before you hurl. Your little worm can be quite frightening sometimes...

Several more of these girafarig get murdered by Oscar as you move back into Viridian. You visit the Pokecenter, and heal Oscar. You don't really know how those contraptions work, or even how pokeballs work. It unnerves you, but you don't know why.

You mess around with the pokedex while you wait for Oscar to recuperate and you discover that Oscar has a "level", and "stats". Very odd. Does that mean Oscar can get stronger? And that other pokemon have other "stats"? This will require more investigation.

Anyway, what now?

In bag:

x4 Pokeballs
x1 Potion

In party:
Oscar (Wurmple) lvl 6

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »

Well, traditionally Pokemon masters fill up on Route 1 trash so they have warm bodies to fill out their team. But this is a Nuzlocke, and we just killed the first creature on that route, so, uh... Sprint to Route 2 like the hounds of Hell are on your tail. Catch first creature you encounter there, no matter how worthless it may appear.

Or, alternately, Grind Oscar some more levels so he can survive the rigors of what is to come. (Like taking a few possible crits while we throw balls at whatever we're trying to catch, and having a decent attack like Bug Bite or something so it takes less time to whittle them down.)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2015, 12:56:09 am »

Oh, uh, I completely forgot this was a nuzlocke. Dang. My bad. rip in pieces, electric dog that looked like a giraffe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5