Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3048 3049 [3050] 3051 3052 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095623 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45735 on: January 23, 2016, 08:03:20 pm »

They brought me a breeding pair of giant jumping spiders before, and have brought me spiders before as well. They shouldn't need to grab a random silk material, they just need to use the silk sources they have. But I guess that's just not how it is.
Jumping spiders don't make webs.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #45736 on: January 23, 2016, 08:20:05 pm »

Second seige occured.

No deaths except for the goblins (which seemed to be comprised mostly of goblin archers).

Vahir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45737 on: January 23, 2016, 08:23:23 pm »

I just dealt with the messy aftermath aftermath of a were-mole attack. It was easy enough to kill (Turns out enough unarmed peasants can kill just about anything). Then the survivors transformed, carved a bloody path through the fortress, were put down, their killers transformed... Ten minutes and 30+ corpses later, the snowball's come to a stop.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Yeah, used to be like you.  "Don't draft the mothers" and "Make sure that mood gets fulfilled!" and "He's tantruming, better make him happier and not order him killed" or "Leave the gate open!  The woodcutter is still running away from the ambush!" Then I started throwing children to their deaths in an ornate glass display case in the middle of the dining hall

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #45738 on: January 23, 2016, 08:37:31 pm »

Next time a werebeast turns up, just have everyone hide until the beast transforms into a dwarf/human/tree huggerelf. Then send out the troops.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45739 on: January 23, 2016, 09:21:50 pm »

My dwarves were peacefully fitting out some luxury bedrooms, when to my horror the words, "The dead walk. Hide while you still can!" Appeared on the screen. I swiftly followed the announcements advice, and all my dwarves were soon inside behind my raised drawbridge. My Tavern, however, was undefended, and while my dwarves fled into my main fort, several revellers(including my outpost liaison), remained. Fortunately there were not a particularly large number of zombies, so eventually the visiting soldiers managed to kill all the non-animal ones, although with a few losses. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My necromancer also made it into my refuse stockpile and raised the hair of several butchered animals, which is now hanging out in my external courtyard, there are also a few zombie animals roaming the plains, i am wondering whether it would be a good idea to send my(iron clad but fresh and badly trained) military to clean them up.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45740 on: January 23, 2016, 11:17:02 pm »

My necromancer also made it into my refuse stockpile and raised the hair of several butchered animals, which is now hanging out in my external courtyard, there are also a few zombie animals roaming the plains, i am wondering whether it would be a good idea to send my(iron clad but fresh and badly trained) military to clean them up.
Bad idea.

There's a bug, so undead hair cannot harm or be harmed by your dwarves. Since your dwarves will insist on fighting it to the death they'll die of exhaustion.

So you need to totally isolate the hair and necromancer from your dwarves, and figure out some way to snipe the necromancer without letting your lovable little alcoholics fight themselves to death by attacking undead hair.

Solutions to hair include a) atom-smashing with a drawbridge, b) collapsing the floor on it, and c) DFHack's exterminate command.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45741 on: January 24, 2016, 01:14:40 am »

The necromancer fled the map midway though the siege, and my military seemed perfectly capable of killing the undead hair.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45742 on: January 24, 2016, 02:23:26 am »

So I guess they weren't having a bad hair day.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Glitchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45743 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:09 am »

I captured a gremlin today. I was unaware I could tame it as it was intelligent (can speak) or that I could capture since it was trap avoid, but from the report it was apparently  taunting my war dog. Who then proceeded to beat crap out of the gremlin till he fainted on a cage trap. lol. Guess that's one way around the trap avoid tag.

Valera_Programist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #45744 on: January 24, 2016, 08:37:39 am »

My fortress captured? !!!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45745 on: January 24, 2016, 11:08:23 am »

the bugger, assuming he's human, probably just inherited a title belonging to a human group. Just check the groups of your starting Dwarfs, they're probably not members of the Venerable Fellowship and therefore not his subjects.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45746 on: January 24, 2016, 11:29:45 am »

The FPS at  Booksave was getting bad on the laptop, so it has moved to my main machine.
Still noting spetacular, but I used the event to make an upload to the archive as well.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12622-booksave-booksafe
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Zito_Wolfram

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #45747 on: January 24, 2016, 01:23:06 pm »

Well, i had some immigrants, and instantly one of them is elected mayor. HE HAS NOT REACHED THE FORT.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45748 on: January 24, 2016, 02:24:16 pm »

The fort of kingsilver is up!  There's definitely the usual neighbors, but the big thing that is deviating from my usual forts is that the elves are at war with my dwarves, and I suspect elven sieges to manage will be due.  Wonder if I'll get elven visitors who want to be citizens or not...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45749 on: January 24, 2016, 03:00:41 pm »

Luck smiles at me.
Started a new fort with pop cap 10, and twiddled my thumbs in hopes of getting a married couple with the 3 migrants, to get a clan fort going.
I was slightly disappointed when none of my migrants were married.

Then came spring year 2.

Wow, 4 of my starting 7 got married. Double clan fortress is a go!

(How I managed? I did not make a temple, library, or tavern, or any personal rooms, and left my dwarves chilling in a 3x3 meeting zone. Highest friendship / relationship gain appears to come from having no job and standing next to another dwarf, not from socializing.

Oh yay, even better still! Two dwarves formed a grudge! Haven't had a grudge in ages. Too bad it's not a grudge between two of the clan couples.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:05:23 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 3048 3049 [3050] 3051 3052 ... 3842