Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110810 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40755 on: April 08, 2015, 04:06:51 pm »

I JUST CAUGHT MY SECOND FORGOTTEN BEAST
THIS ONE IS A WORM THAT BREATHES FIRE
I ONLY LOST A SINGLE GCS
WORTH IT
WOO

EDIT: When the merchants came, I sold them my usual cast off clothing, plus 1m U in prepared meals as extra. Now I can make all this meat and flour into more prepared meals! Yaaaaay!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:34:06 pm by TheFlame52 »

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40756 on: April 08, 2015, 06:52:13 pm »

Sounds nice, my food and drink stockpiles are overflowing with local fruit beer, wine, and lots and lots of plump helmets. Yep, now I just have to get some magma up here. :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40757 on: April 08, 2015, 07:01:30 pm »

I've begun testing for a mod, namely seeing if entities can share a creature, and if I got some reactions right for making sling bullets out of lead, leather slings and cloth quivers.

If everything works out, a planned fort will fare quite well indeed.

In the meantime, much of Torish's population has relocated to Sodel.Humans have finally sent a caravan, but the elves have yet to make an appearance. Probably because of said humans.

EDIT: Entities can indeed share a creature. Yis. The reactions though I botched somewhere...

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40758 on: April 08, 2015, 07:26:30 pm »

I wonder what happened to the humans. I haven't seen their caravans during the last 2 fortresses.

This is from Legendsviewer:

The Kingdoms of Amusement is a civilization of humans

Populations:

37 Dwarves
26 Dogs
24 Goats
23 Humans
23 Cats
19 Turkeys
17 Alpacas
14 Pigs
11 Cavies
10 Cows
10 Water Buffalos
10 Guineafowls
9 Goblins
9 Ducks
8 Sheeps
7 Chickens
7 Llamas
7 Reindeers
7 Yaks
7 Donkeys
6 Mules
1 Goblin Outcasts

This is from DF:

Civilized World Population

192 Dwarves
   563 Humans
   234 Elves
   1044 Goblins

Total: 2033
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:28:15 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #40759 on: April 08, 2015, 09:39:51 pm »

A weremarmot attacked and the only person awake in my 2-person military was my elite marksdwarf. I thought, what the heck, and lowered the drawbridge. So the first WTF moment was when he jumped over my line of cage traps. It wasn't just a little hop, either. That must have been a 6 or 7 tile leap. He was so fast my marksdwarf only got a handful of shots in (with silver bolts no less) before he was in melee range. I would have been panicking, but the marksdwarf had full steel armor and a shield, so I thought she would probably be okay. I checked the combat logs after a short time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In between taking point blank shots at him she was dodging everything he did. He had 6 to 14 attacks in between shots and he literally never touched her. Then I noticed she was a legendary dodger. Just as she ran out of bolts he transformed and she bashed his skull in with her -steel crossbow-. Just imagining this curb stomp fight was fun. Violence is the best part of this game.  :)
To be fair, there was a war dog he had to divide his attention. The dog didn't fare so well.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40760 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:23 pm »

Werebeasts can't be trapped.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40761 on: April 09, 2015, 12:19:50 am »

>.>

Some friend she is.

I intend to get this fort up far enough to withstand some fun from the neighbors, right now I've got the early layout setup and the planning stages of a pumpstack  backup are in place waiting on the smelting and forging of the components.

Oh, when I say fun from the neighbors, I mean ‼Fun‼ from the ‼neighbors‼, most likely:

Figure if I can get it going long enough I can piss off the elves and humans and see if I can't get them to war with me for more fun in adventurer mode, then I'll set up a twinked adventurer, gear her up with artifact toys and activate the magma pumps before heading out into the world to play.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40762 on: April 09, 2015, 01:26:21 am »

Wow, I didn't notice I ran out of food.
Before the caravan left, I quickly made some bone greaves and grabbed some meat.

A 6 years old dwarven child has arrived. I noticed she was the creator of some artifact and former member of two other forts.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:38:20 am by utunnels »

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40763 on: April 09, 2015, 02:16:01 am »

Played with the roller, I wanted to understand how to make an automatic minecart railway.
I managed to kill a mason and a mechanic. Who cares for the mason, but the mechanic was my only skilled one.

Now I need to understand how to put the water in the Dwarven Power Generator in a reasonable time. I do not have enough water in the caves...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40764 on: April 09, 2015, 03:49:38 am »

I began to carve bedrooms, again. I stopped doing that a long time ago.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40765 on: April 09, 2015, 08:51:23 am »

Ah, great, now over 1/4 of my population are babies/children.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40766 on: April 09, 2015, 02:24:57 pm »

Ah, great, now over 1/4 of my population are babies/children.
That's nothing. In the early days of Bastiongate, half my population was children. Since then they have all grown up.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40767 on: April 09, 2015, 02:34:43 pm »

Kobolds and tigermen thieves have started showing up very early. First winter, in fact.

I have a few dwarves training but i'm afraid I won't be quick enough to have ready dwarves for these tigermen ambushes.

Also I started with copper as a military metal instead of iron. Well i've mined some hematite now but still :O

Elf caravan. Must check what they have in wild animals and not forget about it.

My masons are producing really a lot of quality marble furniture so buying the elf caravan won't be a problem.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40768 on: April 09, 2015, 02:40:20 pm »

ahhhhhhhhhhh...marble...........one of my faves.....pleasing to the eyes, as furniture and décor, and useful in the gaining of steel
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40769 on: April 09, 2015, 03:58:40 pm »

So apparently I generated a world without *any* iron in it. Therefore, no anvils. I am impressed, but not impressed enough to attempt an embark.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17
Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 3842