Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2715 2716 [2717] 2718 2719 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110385 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40740 on: April 07, 2015, 03:06:38 pm »

Good science! I that kobolds sounds really awesome!!  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40741 on: April 07, 2015, 04:04:53 pm »

Bastiongate is getting sloooooooooweeeer, both in FPS and in events. I haven't been attacked in over 5 years. Also Bastiongate just turned 23.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40742 on: April 07, 2015, 04:13:21 pm »

Things have gone well, my entire military consists of legendary skilled hammerlords, there have only been a few casualties and a grand tower is being built on the surface.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this tower though, I'd say construction is going very well, there was a incident in which part of it collapsed sending blocks down 4 levels into the fortress and killing a dwarf and injuring the chickens.

Other then that things are going perfectly, its also covered in a healthy amount of vomit.

edit: ok things aren't going perfectly, I may of built part of the tower wrong, I'm only on the second level of it as of now, I can't see this tower being finished before there are more casualties. yay. :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:16:46 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40743 on: April 07, 2015, 04:19:02 pm »

I think I might make another melee squad specifically for fighting demons. What weapon works best against fleshy demons?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40744 on: April 07, 2015, 04:54:17 pm »

I think I might make another melee squad specifically for fighting demons. What weapon works best against fleshy demons?

Fleshy, I'd presume either spears (to pierce the muscle and damage the bone in limbs,) or swords (for the same with some added choppiness.) But in general anything that's likely to damage thier legs badly and take away thier ability to charge on the first hit would be best.

The Shield grows enough to get a mayor, and one who likes a component of the marksman uniforms to boot! I still wait for the enemy. I will water this tree with blood damn it!

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40745 on: April 07, 2015, 07:36:32 pm »

I finally decided to get back into fortress making ways, after setting up the basic needs for a fortress I was able to find some silver, I now have a small military composed of barely armored or unarmored hammerdwarves. Hopefully the metal I requested will arrive soon. I had also started in the year 2, cause reasons.

I had a migrant wave of over 30 dwarves come in, its bigger then I would like, but at least it isn't a 70+ one.

I also named almost every dwarf after forum members, even though they'll probably all die in the first ambush/siege.

What is the dwarf named after me doing?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40746 on: April 07, 2015, 07:45:52 pm »

I notice my two miners are both called Sakzul. The he-miner is Sakzul Cryptfortune, and the she-miner is Sakzul Diamondkey.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40747 on: April 07, 2015, 08:02:08 pm »

The Shield loses it's first dwarf, a child who'd gone moody in a place lacking access to butcherables for the bones he needed. Melancholic, so it's a drawn out demise. I blame the elves for not attacking me (and thus not providing delicious mounts.)

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #40748 on: April 07, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »

A dwarf just died of old age.... I don't think that's ever happened in all my time playing Dwarf Fortress. My god I just realized how truly evil and violent my fortresses usually are.

On that note I just saw a mace dwarf punch someones spine out. God damn do I love this game.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:13:59 am by xana55 »
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40749 on: April 08, 2015, 12:58:38 am »

I notice my two miners are both called Sakzul. The he-miner is Sakzul Cryptfortune, and the she-miner is Sakzul Diamondkey.

I imagine for them parties can go like this

"well go fuck yourself"

*grabs husband/wife*

"okay, I will"
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40750 on: April 08, 2015, 04:06:08 am »

Is it terrible that I imagined this guy saying He-mine:
Spoiler: "Big Image, whoops!" (click to show/hide)
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40751 on: April 08, 2015, 10:12:14 am »

Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40752 on: April 08, 2015, 11:47:24 am »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The forgotten beast Lomoth Soakgrave the Abyssal Drink has wrought terrible vengeance for its untimely demise, nearly 2 months after it was delivered. Two of the ten marksdwarves who've killed it have suddenly suffocated in the middle of the meeting room, and so has a child who joined his mother into the fray. A surviving older brother, who is part of the military, is currently very unhappy about the death of his two close relatves, and has already thrown a tantrum. Waiting for further deaths, either by syndrome or by dwarven ☼adamantine short sword☼

[EDIT] It's been 2 weeks. Nobody else had died. The corpses were, upon closer inspection, found to be covered in puss; this at least reveals the mechanism of death. The brother has tantrummed as expected, brutally beaten a cat, and seemed satified. During the whole debacle, a fort member had started a mysterious construction in a craftsdwarf's workshop. Life, as always, goes on.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:09:29 pm by StrikaAmaru »
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40753 on: April 08, 2015, 01:58:55 pm »

Still playing the newest version, still having trouble getting used to trees dropping clouds of stuff that look like blood and pus. I'm also trying to learn how to harvest fruit, but so far I haven't got that down.

Halp.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40754 on: April 08, 2015, 02:05:46 pm »

After complaining about no attacks, I got attacked by both humans and then lion tamarin men. The humans brought an Avatar of Fire with them, which was caught in my cage traps. I'm going to turn it into a fire turret.

The ~150 lion tamarin men and animals were fought off entirely by a GCS and her three spiderlings, all of which have names now. As a result I had to dismantle my weapon traps since they were covered in webs and still highly deadly.

I'm going to replace my traps with a bunch of extra cage traps - I need more prisoners. Plus I want to reduce the chances of this happening again.

And Splint, I remembered I had an open slot near my farms so I stuck a kitchen that only takes from two small stockpiles. Honey bee royal jelly roasts are a go!
Pages: 1 ... 2715 2716 [2717] 2718 2719 ... 3842