Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2647 2648 [2649] 2650 2651 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104619 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39720 on: February 14, 2015, 04:26:23 pm »

Did a test to see what would happen if I released the clown car in my current fortress.
As expected, it is not going well. At all.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39721 on: February 14, 2015, 04:34:43 pm »

FUCK THIS SHIT MY MILITIA CAPTAIN JUST TACKLED A RECRUIT THROUGH A WALL AND THEY BOTH FELL TO THEIR DEATHS BRB KILLING GAME

That is the worst bug. Not much changed after the restart, just the finishing touches on the Eyrie and the brewer's mood. I moved the barracks to the second floor this time to prevent another accident like this.

EDIT: This time, though, when the buzzards attacked, they knocked a kid off the top of the Eyrie to his death. I think they're after the nest boxes, I'm going to put some cage traps in the gaps.

EDIT2: An 11 year old kid is making something out of highwood. I swear to god, if he makes a third highwood crown, I will throw him in a room full of hungry heads.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:53:07 pm by TheFlame52 »

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39722 on: February 14, 2015, 05:37:02 pm »

It is an awful bug, and should be a priority fix for the next release.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39723 on: February 14, 2015, 05:46:36 pm »

Ok, i started a new fort "The ages of anger" in a sand desert.
I want those damn giant desert scorpions!  >:(

My bloodthirsty dogs are already starting to shred through a horde of harmless turtles, you better be scared!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39724 on: February 14, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »

It happened again, but this time it was on the second floor so the macedwarf only got a bit bruised.

On another note, what the hell should I do with my edible untamables? I have hungry heads giving birth in cages, for crying out loud! I have:
 - Hungry heads (tons, both genders)
 - Molemarians (five, some kids, both genders)
 - Blind cave ogres (four, both genders)
 - Trolls (two, female)
 - Troglodytes (three, both genders)
 - Reachers (one, male)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39725 on: February 14, 2015, 06:16:21 pm »

Ok, i started a new fort "The ages of anger" in a sand desert.
I want those damn giant desert scorpions!  >:(

My bloodthirsty dogs are already starting to shred through a horde of harmless turtles, you better be scared!

you've gotta fix these animals raws to stop not having GDS's .

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39726 on: February 14, 2015, 06:38:42 pm »

They're not spawning in an unmodded game? :o

Edit: Ah, i got you now. Nah, i dont like modding it. It feels like cheating in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:41:31 pm by BesorgterZwerg »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39727 on: February 14, 2015, 06:43:53 pm »

I forgot to turn the brewery back on and my dwarves drank three thousand units of drink. The cook may have had something to do with it because I keep seeing beer roasts.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39728 on: February 14, 2015, 06:49:07 pm »

FUCK THIS SHIT MY MILITIA CAPTAIN JUST TACKLED A RECRUIT THROUGH A WALL AND THEY BOTH FELL TO THEIR DEATHS BRB KILLING GAME

That is the worst bug. Not much changed after the restart, just the finishing touches on the Eyrie and the brewer's mood. I moved the barracks to the second floor this time to prevent another accident like this.
Do you mean 0007444: Sparring dwarves (and other creatures) can knock each other through walls with charge attacks or similar issue? Try to leave at least one tile wide rim around your barracks area to make sure they don't do this (...too often. at least).
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39729 on: February 14, 2015, 07:11:04 pm »

A vile force of darkness has arrived!
Right where the last one was.
I've completed the traps there, so a good ten or so should be caught, maybe more if I'm lucky. This time my military is training in the light, so I should be fine as far as cave adaption goes. I'm sending the three remaining legendary soldiers only, not the ten recruits. They should kill everyone in no time at all. There's no way this could go wrong, right?

EDIT: OOOOOOH JESUS TWO OF THEM ARE DIZZY AND VOMITING
It's down to one dwarf now, the last macelord, the militia commander himself, Ast Shotboots the Everlasting Coil of Goads. There are fiveish squads of goblins and fourish squads of trolls. There's also one troll spearman named Sacat Itdununal, a named I have never seen before. I think it's in dwarven, but it's using the goblin naming series (like he's named poison in dwarven or something). I've got him captured so I have all the time in the world.

EDIT2: My god, he's a fucking whirlwind of broken bones! He just dances around the hail of arrows and bolts flying at him! A charging troll just bounced backward off him! Terrified trolls flee, only to be caught in my traps. He hasn't actually killed anyone yet, though, just knocked about twenty various enemies unconscious. Maybe he's leaving them for his squadmates, the spearmaster doesn't have a title yet. Okay, he killed pretty much all the brave trolls and melee fighters, never mind.

EDIT3: He left the martial trance... and now he's dizzy and vomiting too! The new barracks didn't help at all! His upper body and ribs are bruised, but it's nothing serious. The archers are coming in for melee now, but I think he can handle them. Oh, shit, a bolt hit him in the arm, making him lose his shield! He keeps on fighting, though, nothing can bring this motherfucker down! He just keeps bashing goblin heads in with his masterwork silver mace. The ranged fighters are all dead now. Now he's going after the rest of the army, I hope he can handle it!

EDIT4: At some point in here a child got a strange mood, I don't give a shit right now. He charges at the second half of the army, mace at the ready. The melee fighters rush out to meet him. The ranged fighters open fire. He kills them all, only taking a few bruises. I should probably make this guy some armor. They're all dead except for five archers, one unconscious, and a couple trolls. The child claims a workshop, not now kid. Oh no, he got hit in the guts! And the arm! He drops his mace! Luckily, neither one hit the bone, so he keeps fighting. He kicks them all to death, except for the last troll, who he finally gives in to pain next to. His spearmaster buddy shows up and finishes the troll with a single stab. Then he gets carted off for much needed medical attention. The siege is broken.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:46:14 pm by TheFlame52 »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39730 on: February 15, 2015, 08:44:00 am »

A new migrant came to replace the dead expedition leader. She's a level 2 hammerdorf, so I gave her the expedition leader's favorite blue named silver war hammer. But she couldn't pick it up. Never mind.

The cage traps caught a GCS and some other creatures. My dorfs threw the 2 trolls into a pit and they literally blew apart after hitting the rock floor 27 z levels below.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39731 on: February 15, 2015, 09:19:52 am »

It happened again, but this time it was on the second floor so the macedwarf only got a bit bruised.

On another note, what the hell should I do with my edible untamables? I have hungry heads giving birth in cages, for crying out loud! I have:
 - Hungry heads (tons, both genders)
 - Molemarians (five, some kids, both genders)
 - Blind cave ogres (four, both genders)
 - Trolls (two, female)
 - Troglodytes (three, both genders)
 - Reachers (one, male)

Magma. Atom-smashers work well also.

Or mod them so they are more interesting.

edit: military practice is good as well.

They're not spawning in an unmodded game? :o

Edit: Ah, i got you now. Nah, i dont like modding it. It feels like cheating in my opinion.
It's not.

Trust me, giant desert scorpions not only are rare animals, but right now as you are in a savage biome there is an absolute fuck ton of giant animals and animal men that you need to go through in order to have GDS. And most of them are useless as well.

I regularly embark on savage deserts just for them and yet I never have seen a giant desert scorpion since the days of 0.31.25.

They may as well not exist.

Removing all the animal men and 75% of the sponsored creatures is needed, really. Else all you see in a savage biome is giant thrips, giant thrips, peach-faced lovebird men, giant kakapos, giant snails, giant lice, thrips men,  and the occasional giant kea.

I am fine with giant snails (they give shells) and all the kea family are very Fun beasts, but the rest.... hrrrrgh it's not variety it's just random creatures that do nothing
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:37:29 am by Naryar »

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39732 on: February 15, 2015, 09:24:53 am »

Just keep them for meat and breed them sustainably...or is that just not dwarven enough?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39733 on: February 15, 2015, 10:05:04 am »

Just keep them for meat and breed them sustainably...or is that just not dwarven enough?
I don't need meat. I have over five thousand units of prepared meals.
I don't need bones, either. I don't really use them for anything. I have more than four thousand silver bolts and I sell old clothes, since my several legendary clothiers pump out masterwork socks like nobody's business.

The kid made a bone battle axe, so I think I'm going to finally set up a justice system so I can give the axe to my captain of the guard.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39734 on: February 15, 2015, 10:50:11 am »

If you have no need of them at all, you can dump them in magma. However, a sustainable fort must have means of food production, so you should keep enough to match consumption of meat.

For old times' sake.
Pages: 1 ... 2647 2648 [2649] 2650 2651 ... 3842