Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2580 2581 [2582] 2583 2584 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6105965 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38715 on: December 25, 2014, 08:43:49 pm »

popcap is 68 right now, producing beds and doors for the second row of smoothed rooms, and the thrid row is being finished too. started to dig  into search of the second cavern layer.

have two working militia but no problems as of now, the only issues right now is having low FPS, must be due to the large amount of children in the fort. for now everything go as planned.

ended the militia train for a time, found the second cavern layer also, starting to set the entrance for it.

found the third cavern layer, a magma pool, the magma sea and even the start of an adamantine spire at the same time, this is ridiculous.

jabberers, blind cave ogres and reachers have come to attack and have been dispatched, works towards creating magma forges and the like are being set up.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 09:34:39 pm by xaritscin »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #38716 on: December 25, 2014, 09:28:51 pm »

Just killed a hill titan spider, it murdered the two merchants squatting on my front door and one of my farmers, but then my hammerdwarves smashed its face and turned it into 191 chunks of titan meat. Also finished a wounding chamber so I can give my doctors some practice, just have to find some lazy bastards unlucky volunteers to shove in there...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38717 on: December 25, 2014, 10:01:44 pm »

getting issues with giant olms and blind cave ogres every now and then, miners are busy stockpiling rocks and as such the tunnel for the magma forges hasnt been dug.

putting some dorfs to work in the meantime, i have very few idlers, but the lag is incredible for a population so low.

it seems the FPS problem was due to overpopulation with lifestock, measures have been taken. the room for the magma forges is being constructed and soon will start the construction of the channel.

no problems with cave creatures for now.

digging came to a halt as i get more inmigrants, the entrance of the second cave is being walled and a drawbridge is being constructed. now i need to do the same in the third cavern. the magma room is almost done.

my soldiers discovered the rest of the cavern while killing some crundles and now i have a complete map of the map around the adamantine spire. no plans for it yet.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 10:53:44 pm by xaritscin »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38718 on: December 25, 2014, 10:57:42 pm »

I'm now on an evil tundra.
I saw some rein deer/cow corpses, nothing too special.
So I began to dig. I pastured my livestocks outdoors and build 3 beds for my dorfs.

Suddenly...

It is snowing elf frozen blood!

Damn, the corpses rushed my pastures and killed all livestocks plus my manson. So I locked the door...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:04:46 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38719 on: December 25, 2014, 11:14:31 pm »

the magma room has been finished, and now the third cavern is being walled. i have to prepare more militants, i dont have the ores for making any armor, except for some silver weapons. the adamantine spire is temptating but im not prepared in case of a breach.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38720 on: December 25, 2014, 11:43:16 pm »

Well actually my cow was still alive.
But soon the manson's corpse raised and killed it. Punched through the skull, ouch!

Guess she did had a reason to hate the cow...
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38721 on: December 26, 2014, 12:25:20 am »

finished the last part of the third cavern defense, and have started to mine the adamantine, trying to figure which parts to cut from the main tube, the problem is, i dont know where is the hollow part so its kinda difficult. but have extracted some ore out of it. still, its not enough i guess.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38722 on: December 26, 2014, 12:37:05 am »

A blind cave ogre wandered near my door. But it didn't attack. My dorfs walked passed it to fetch logs from the cavern.

Maybe it was really blind?

Well it smashed my door eventually, but I had already built a hatch cover above the stairwell.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:48:31 am by utunnels »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38723 on: December 26, 2014, 01:14:35 am »

finished some silver warhammers, put one of my squads to master them. need more metals for the other weapons. adamantine armor and weapons arent viable yet.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38724 on: December 26, 2014, 02:57:34 am »

My dwarves are getting a bit uppity about our lack of a well. One has just produced an artifact green glass chain to go with our artifact gold bucket.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38725 on: December 26, 2014, 03:13:29 am »

The entire tundra was covered by elf blood. Hehe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just found only 1 of the male dorfs is hetero, the other 2 are both a, plus 3 hetero females and 1 zombie female.

Well, I think the fortress is literally dead if no migrants come.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:44:24 am by utunnels »

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38726 on: December 26, 2014, 06:38:40 am »

New fort, new tricks.

- Thou shall not place a well next to barracks. I learned this after two soldiers drowned (they dodged nicely I give them that).

- Thou shall wonder how to deal with a roc when archery tower is still under construction. Only above ground beasts I usually see are minotaurs, but now here's been an ettin and now the roc.

- Thou will learn to trust one's military. I'm such a coward that prefers to overwhelm enemy if possible... and one of my elite halberdier butchered everyone. Yeah right.

- Forgotten beast with a gas-poison attack is a bad thing for small, fortificated rooms.

- My first fort with a goal to dig down to magma. I have never seen magma in DF despite playing for years.

EDIT

A giant monster flies in circles above my fortress, and a lonely migrant arrived.

"I would just as soon not have anything exciting happen today".

Good luck bruh.

EDIT EDIT

two out of six migrants were killed, one lost his left leg and arm. Crossbowmen that came to cover his retreat were also attacked and talon ripped the throat of militacaptain and another crossbowman lost his left arm (heavy price for cheesemakers and jewelers). The roc was eventually killed.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:17:13 pm by Kuikka »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38727 on: December 26, 2014, 07:47:36 am »

A lone Potter arrived with his pet Cavy Sow in a snow storm.
I open the door, knowing my cage traps were more than enough to defend my own six dorfs.
"Quickly, before the zombies get you!"
However, the water buffalo zombie was more interested in my door than the new arrivals, it rushed in before the migrant and fell into my cage trap.

Good, now we are seven again.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38728 on: December 26, 2014, 10:42:49 am »

mining for tetrahedrite clusters around the first cavern, need more copper. no inmigrants nor caravans nor sieges which is strange.

first goblin siege in the fort, just a contingent of bowmen. easily dispatched, had to rebuild the magma forges due to a troll which sneaked in. took out the hospital in order to put the strand extraction in process, it should have enough for producing some adamantine wafers.

a group of fire imps appeared in the cavern, it seems there was magma openings around the spire, sent a militia to kill the buggers and ended with a gigantic fire in the map. fortunately i was able to seal it and repairs are being done, have to cover the openings with smelters for now.

the holes have been theorically sealed, have had more deaths after a forgotten beast came, it was a lesser one, still producing wafers. and trying to acomodated the inmigrants, population is 109.

more migrants, lost a trade with a human caravan, but everything is going alright in the fort. producing more furniture for the rooms. have some wafers smelted but there's still several ore to be threaded. plenty of copper and silver to extract along with gold. building the cover for the pillar.

the enclosure has been finished, now dealing with the typical animal attack and with the need of expanding the graveyards, already done, some dorfs died but it must have been sequels of the forgotten beast attack. for now population keeps stable at 110. no works with the adamantine wafers yet. slow process to make them.

a forgotten beast appeared, a webbing pterosaur, it almost kills all the militia, and even some civilians, down to 79 dorfs now. digging more space for the deceased.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 04:05:07 pm by xaritscin »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38729 on: December 26, 2014, 03:53:12 pm »

Finished my first year of my Flowchart Fortress design. Got the basics down, and starting to expand a bit more while the rest of my modest collection of dwarves (17 population, at present) keep busy furnishing the bedrooms (88 of them). Primary housing is complete, newcomer housing is better use of the leftover supply.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12358-jewelworked

I already included the flowchart I based off of in a comment in the map.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 04:15:37 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 2580 2581 [2582] 2583 2584 ... 3842