Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2392 2393 [2394] 2395 2396 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097542 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35895 on: July 18, 2014, 04:31:32 pm »

Started to build a pit around my fort's entrance. The miners had already channeled out the walls of two bedrooms before I realized my mistake.
Black lives matter.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35896 on: July 18, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »

5. My FPS is 5 and the goblins show no sign of stopping.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is a bug and and report it.
Are they all visible on the map? I would love to see a screenie >.>

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35897 on: July 18, 2014, 04:32:38 pm »

So my fort of 9 dwarves is being sieged by over a thousand goblins, no biggy
Context? Version? Did they all show up at once?

A siege of 1000 would be awesome, provided optimization and bugs were fixed to permit it. :)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #35898 on: July 18, 2014, 04:35:27 pm »

So my fort of 9 dwarves is being sieged by over a thousand goblins, no biggy

Hory shet yes.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Hannannas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35899 on: July 18, 2014, 04:39:53 pm »

Hory shet yes.
Context? Version? Did they all show up at once?

A siege of 1000 would be awesome, provided optimization and bugs were fixed to permit it. :)

Context: Unretired a fort I left to drown in my poorly-designed lava tank. Nothing had changed and on unretire they started slowly pouring in.

A 1,000 strong siege would be cool... if I had more than 9 dwarves and more than 1 weapon.

E: More info HERE
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:43:36 pm by Hannannas »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35900 on: July 18, 2014, 05:04:44 pm »

Then he went for the other eye. Then for the eyelid, because the eye wasn't gouged enough. Later on he jabbed someone into the brain with his horn.

Ponies are hardcore.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35901 on: July 18, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »

the cabinet industry is coming nicely, and found cassiterite, but i dont have sedimentary layers, so, my only option for fuell will have to be charcoal, unless i found a magma pool or something.

to this moment, no elven caravan has come, ever.....only humans seem to exist, maybe i will have to wait some more years, or start to try catching exotic wildlife with cage traps.

the fortress thrives, but i have lost count in how many bedrooms i have, now im not sure if i should carve more rooms, the population is over 100 now, this fort has been strangely succesfull, the last attack, the one with the giant, was dispatched by a human caravan...i dont know how much time will take before i get a real menace, but so far i have only lost 2 dorfs......2 DORFS!....

EDIT: two goblin ambushes at the same time, fortunately the dwarven caravan was present and their guards helped dispatch the intruders. i lost most of my livestock though, but its not an issue...

EDIT: i discovered a miscalculation in the number of rooms i carved, and results that i have 220 rooms for the population, excluding the nobles of course. so no problems wit that for now. i've also discovered that i have enough wood for making fuel and there's still enough wood out there to haul, so the factories are again producing charcoal and then bronze equipment
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:45:05 pm by xaritscin »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35902 on: July 18, 2014, 05:50:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then he went for the other eye. Then for the eyelid, because the eye wasn't gouged enough. Later on he jabbed someone into the brain with his horn.

Ponies are hardcore.
Anything + DF = hardcore

DF made fluffballs hardcore

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35903 on: July 18, 2014, 06:45:38 pm »

My latest artifact includes pictures of some dude being terrorized by lizards and a gloom man consort becoming queen.

At least it's not Sive Lacechains, Twilight Horror Wife taming bobcats again. I've got several thousand pictures of that already.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35904 on: July 18, 2014, 06:53:54 pm »

i cannot take on the FPS anymore, getting lectures of 15 frames per second, this fort became so successfull that is boring, LOL

EDIT: made a pocket world this time and just got with whatever good environment found, the embark es a 2x2 and i put a cap of like 100 or 150 for the population, i hope this helps me to keep the framerate longer at least...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:08:14 pm by xaritscin »

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #35905 on: July 18, 2014, 07:07:06 pm »

Attempted to retake the old Dwarven capital that had been claimed by a forgotten beast. Spent all "spring" (the fort was on the edge of the tundra) making full iron suits for my five soldiers. Just when I finished, the nearby goblins sent a siege: a group of around ten dwarves, probably the children of earlier generations who had been kidnapped. My military, small as it was, handily defeated them - by which I mean they lay on the ground weeping in fear for a few days, then got up and rolled some heads.
Finally prepared, I began moving into the old fortress. Suddenly the Forgotten Beast leaps from ambush and slays my three axedwarves. With the remaining two civilians (and one stark raving marksdwarf) I seal up the are of the fort the beast lives in (which is fortuitously disconnected from the rest). I then realize that it is almost autumn and I have no farms set up, no source of water, and the trade depot is completely inaccessible (like, the whole map is red - maybe because this civ only has two sites left, a hillock and a mountain hall?). After getting the first wave of migrants I retire the fort.
And then, two weeks late, three humans settle there. Why, I don't know.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35906 on: July 18, 2014, 07:13:42 pm »

Due to the sheer amount of it we have, as well as rule of cool, all armor and weapons are to be studded with gold and silver. My metalcrafter apparently decided to decorate a pair chain leggings with a golden image of the militia commander surrounded by purring maggots. She hates purring maggots. Naturally I gave her that pair of leggings.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

aaronfu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35907 on: July 18, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

One of my starting seven had an extraordinary personality and "she dreams of becoming a legendary warrior". Later when I was setting up my first militia I couldnt find her, so I guess she was one of the victims of a werebeast attack. No one else had the same dream. Has anyone else noticed any highly unique personal aspirations?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35908 on: July 18, 2014, 09:00:52 pm »

My starting 7 always seem to be perfect copies of the dwarven standard - loves craftsmanship and wants to make a masterwork.
The miners and farmers are going to have some tough luck in the department, although I typically have one miner as a mason - when we get more, someone else gets the masonry labor.
Masonry is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35909 on: July 18, 2014, 10:38:10 pm »

Well, this happened.

Spoiler: A Titan has come (click to show/hide)

The 'titan' was then immediately overcome by terror. Not quite as strange as the dwarven child titan I had a while back, but pretty close.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 2392 2393 [2394] 2395 2396 ... 3842