Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2391 2392 [2393] 2394 2395 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097511 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35880 on: July 18, 2014, 10:31:57 am »

So, new fort.  Anguishshields, lovely name... :/

First we have this...

And yes, we had some... rough days at first.  Poor butcher.  We hardly knew him.

... and then this.  Lolwut.

I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35881 on: July 18, 2014, 10:41:56 am »

all the rooms have been furnished with beds and the doors are being produced in masse, there's still plenty of rock to process anyways, the barracks are ready and im getting the archery targets done, now just need to find tin for making bronze armor and weapons.

bone bolts now seem to be a stable industry and as such i have been able to repel kobolds and other nuissances from the fort. still, i have to recycle the used bolts scattered all around the map. not much to hunt.

there's also large amounts of shells in the refuse pile, but im busy making pots for another food overproduction, i dont know how effective shell armor is since it doesnt seem to have any breastplate or the like anyways

EDIT: all the bedrooms are ready for the next inmigrants, and im making tables and chairs for some noble housing, an Ettin attacked, took a long time to kill her but she was easily dispatched by my hunters and the hunting dogs, better start making that militia soon.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:18:25 pm by xaritscin »

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35882 on: July 18, 2014, 01:54:06 pm »

I have succesfully transitioned from pig tails to hemp fiber. Now my dwarves are eating hemp flour, stored in hemp bags. Living the high life.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35883 on: July 18, 2014, 01:56:55 pm »

I have succesfully transitioned from pig tails to hemp fiber. Now my dwarves are eating hemp flour, stored in hemp bags. Living the high life.
Hemp rules. Soap, flour and fiber from one plant.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35884 on: July 18, 2014, 02:47:28 pm »

many trees have grown in the intermedium, and so it has begun another wave of regional chopping. the wood piles are slowly filling again, and there's plenty of containers for not having to worry about barrels. the roads are coming nicely with the workshops churning out stone blocks, the stone pile is huge, and i have plenty of ore to exploit, the problem is the fuel. i cannot spend wood for fuel, it is too valuable, my only option if i cannot find coal or the like is to use magma, but i've only reached the 20th layer. and there's 113 layers to cover yet.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #35885 on: July 18, 2014, 02:53:40 pm »

Now my dwarves are eating hemp flour, stored in hemp bags. Living the high life.
That pun was so dope my dwarves made fiber out of it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35886 on: July 18, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »

A siege of ten goblins arrived!
'No problem,' I thought. 'I'll close the drawbridge and have someone spam-pull the spear trap lever.'

"Close the drawbridge" turned into "retract the retractable bridge" turned into "have them wall off the entrance" turned into "watch as the builder decides to fuck off from his job" turned into "stare in dismay at my one remaining citizen".
Black lives matter.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35887 on: July 18, 2014, 02:56:42 pm »

I've been dealing with a lack of iron in my fort, we've been making stuff with copper, and found a small amount of material to make bronze with. Then I looked at the wall of my metalsmith forge. Hematite. Now everywhere I'm looking I see hematite and limonite, I have somehow failed to notice that we were swimming in iron this whole time. This is what happens when you roll a 1 on your spot check.

I also spotted some fuels, now I'm looking everywhere to see if I managed to miss flux stone as well.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35888 on: July 18, 2014, 03:00:09 pm »

Thank fuck for autosave!

(I abandoned the fortress and then saw that there was an earlier saved game I could savescum to and prevent the invasion from fucking over everything.)

Edit: This time, instead of murdering my dwarves, the goblins took to killing the animals outside and then leaving.
Okay.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:10:34 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35889 on: July 18, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »

"Close the drawbridge" turned into "retract the retractable bridge" turned into "have them wall off the entrance" turned into "watch as the builder decides to fuck off from his job" turned into "stare in dismay at my one remaining citizen".

Sigged.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35890 on: July 18, 2014, 03:29:28 pm »

Summer of second year at Boltstone. I'm starting to question investing into Appraiser skill at embark. After setting "Anyone can trade" on at my depot the the lucky dwarf who happened to be present went from zero to Skilled Appraiser during single caravan visit.

Still not getting migrants after the first five-dwarf wave. Missing the first caravan from Mountainhome due to bandit siege must still hurting in that department. If situation does not improve after next autumn I'm handing out +persimmon wood banjos+ to everyone and aim for the "crazy inbred" route to get students for my Dwarven Boarding School.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35891 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:40 pm »

the roads are finished mostly, only the northern road needs to be worked, migrants arrived, and i dont need to produce more blocks, changed to cabinets for the population (need to burn those rocks quickly).

large quantities of wood still need to be hauled to the warehouse, but i had to close the walls due to a giant. hes in pursuit of the traders outside of the fortress but im not gonna leave the doors opened for him to come anyways..

Hannannas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35892 on: July 18, 2014, 04:11:00 pm »

So my fort of 9 dwarves is being sieged by over a thousand goblins, no biggy

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35893 on: July 18, 2014, 04:21:18 pm »

... Dare I ask what your FPS is?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Hannannas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35894 on: July 18, 2014, 04:30:07 pm »

5. My FPS is 5 and the goblins show no sign of stopping.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is a bug and and report it.
Pages: 1 ... 2391 2392 [2393] 2394 2395 ... 3842