Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097385 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35925 on: July 19, 2014, 04:16:00 pm »

I finally managed to harvest Hemp plants from the above ground wilderness, and grow a few dozen.

Can be Milled with a Quern to make flour, to cook with.
Can be Processed at a Farmers Workshop to make thread, to turn into cloth.

and then I learn..
It can be pressed into oil to make soap!

Best. Plant. Evar!

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35926 on: July 19, 2014, 04:22:44 pm »

Military leader tantrum from the old long patrol duty bug (still not fixed? really?). One-punches 10 dwarfs to death as they flee past him beacuse there is no sport in using the very expensive steel battleaxe I bought for him. Lost fortress.

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35927 on: July 19, 2014, 04:46:07 pm »

A bittersweet exchange of words between two old friends, one an artifact creator, the other a military administrator. Of old times past, when they could not tell the quarts clock does fly out the crystal glass window.

Everyone is too easily touched by this. The original 7 dwarves became miserable and so-and-so. Luckily not for long, but hey! better to get used to tragedy now than face what's to come later
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

pexium

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Had "fun" recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35928 on: July 19, 2014, 05:37:23 pm »

-snip-
 No matter WHERE I build my depot, the damn traders get stuck.  They get stuck in the woods.  They get stuck on the road, and if you explain that one to me, I'll give you a sweet.  They get stuck entering the depot.  They get stuck leaving the depot.  They rocket all over the map, but can't trade.
-snip-

I'm sigging this. I started laughing at the absurdity of your problem as soon as I read that.

No matter WHERE I build my depot, the damn traders get stuck.  They get stuck in the woods.  They get stuck on the road, and if you explain that one to me, I'll give you a sweet.  They get stuck entering the depot.  They get stuck leaving the depot.  They rocket all over the map, but can't trade.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35929 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:33 pm »

Motherfucking brown zircon deadly dust FB.

Oh well. Time to start again. This fort was overrun with glitchy unslabbable ghosts anyway.
[Signature]

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35930 on: July 19, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »

My fort has finally leveled out after the tantrum spiral and contagious berserkerage. I have five dwarves that aren't insane. Two are children, possibly babies.
I had 72 when I started.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35931 on: July 19, 2014, 07:59:08 pm »

the food stockpiles are starting to fill too quickly i have an overproduction of food and these dorfs doesnt seem to use the barrels in the other stockpile, i hope this has been fixed in .40 cause its annoying to produce so many barrels that will just take space in the general stockpile while the food pile only has like 6-8, damned dwarves...... -_-

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35932 on: July 19, 2014, 08:41:59 pm »

Well, this happened.

Spoiler: A Titan has come (click to show/hide)

The 'titan' was then immediately overcome by terror. Not quite as strange as the dwarven child titan I had a while back, but pretty close.

This is a werebeast. It arrived whilst not transformed. Still funny.

Oh, good. I'll go send the military to stab him through the head repeatedly. Here I just thought DF was throwing me a curve for the hell of it.

EDIT: Bugger ran off. How depressing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35933 on: July 19, 2014, 08:45:38 pm »

Well, this happened.

The 'titan' was then immediately overcome by terror. Not quite as strange as the dwarven child titan I had a while back, but pretty close.

Oh, good. I'll go send the military to stab him through the head repeatedly. Here I just thought DF was throwing me a curve for the hell of it.

Wait, throwing a curve?
I have a great idea for things to mod in.
Creatures the game says are werebeasts, but are actually the size of bronze colossi with deadly blood.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35934 on: July 19, 2014, 08:47:59 pm »

Well, this happened.

Wait, throwing a curve?
Creatures the game says are werebeasts, but are actually the size of bronze colossi with deadly blood.

Bronze colossi with deadly blood aren't much of a curveball from DF, you expect that to happen. A titan that is not only completely harmless, but completely mundane, THAT'S a curve.

Essentially, anything in DF that isn't trying to kill you is something to be regarded with suspicion.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35935 on: July 19, 2014, 08:49:50 pm »

Well, this happened.

Wait, throwing a curve?

Bronze colossi with deadly blood aren't much of a curveball from DF, you expect that to happen. A titan that is not only completely harmless, but completely mundane, THAT'S a curve.

Essentially, anything in DF that isn't trying to kill you is something to be regarded with suspicion.
That's the curveball. The game says it's a human/elf/dwarf/goblin/whatever, but is actually huge with blood that causes explosive necrosis in things that aren't itself.
It seems like it's not trying to kill you (or if it is, it seems ineffective), but it will murder EVERYTHING.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35936 on: July 19, 2014, 08:50:42 pm »

aaaaand now the stockpile is full with tallow and food, these dwarves -_-....

oh well at least i have plenty of food to cover, and the steel production is running

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35937 on: July 19, 2014, 09:51:58 pm »

I genned a second small world since aboveground was starting to get a bit bothersome to do, even with the new edition, so I decided to go back to the Earth like dwarves should... and found a new quirk of the trees. If you're directly under a tree, you've got to deal with its huge roots and stuff, right? Obvious. In previous versions, you didn't need to, so I was used to carving grand entrances to my fort on the first layer and then going down in a very vertical fashion. Now things aren't even since we can't dig through roots and my woodcutter's obliterated everything topside but it won't re-designate the dirt blocks that are now free and nngh.

In general, trying to think of awesome fort designs that are both in any way practical, and not hard for a person like me who is only ever, at best, average at DF to do.

Lasander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35938 on: July 19, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »

My Chief Medical Dwarf murdered Tosid Wiredomains and created "Rampagefated" a dwarf bone buckler.
The previous Chief Medical Dwarf was killed via copper pickax to the head.

Cue tantrum spiral and no living competent doctors and my dwarves are dying left and right.
Worship!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35939 on: July 19, 2014, 11:07:08 pm »

one of my farmers went berserk due to a failed mood, not really an issue, he stayed out of the fortress after killing some people, after wandering for some time he was finally struck down by the outpost liaison :3

the steel factory is working hard and ill soon start to produce the equipment for the militia, strangely, being in the wilderness i havent found any nuissance, except for the usual kobold or group of langurs who come to steal and interrupt my operations, of course, a bunker has been set in the case of an invasion, but i havne built the levers

EDIT:

everything is going fine, i have a burrow setup for security cases, and i have the setup for my military, the first squad has been formed, and is a contingent of 10 swordwarves, steel equipment is being produced at a stable rate. FPS are being complicated right now, and are around 30 frames. pretty tolerable, but i expect it doesnt become worse.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:05:46 am by xaritscin »
Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 3842