Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2235 2236 [2237] 2238 2239 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096325 times)

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33540 on: March 15, 2014, 11:27:49 am »

A Were-Elephant popped up in my winding tunnel to the Trade Depot - an exploit I deem acceptable. Its appearance prompted me to wall off the entrances to my bedroom area, which were clearly providing shorter pathfinding for invaders. A rampaging humanoid elephant isn't something you want to have to deal with during sleepy time.

However the event did cause me some confusion, how did the Were-Elephant just appear from nowhere?

My answer came shortly. The brutish elephant-beast chased a moleweasel (Masterwork) out of the tunnel. Thank god. When exposed to sunlight it transformed back into its, much punier, form. A kobold.

Never underestimate your enemy. A kobold can be an elephant in disguise.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:51:28 am by Mudcrab »

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33541 on: March 15, 2014, 11:28:59 am »

I decided to start my first fort ever!

Unfortunately I embarked next to a volcano and got a little overzealous with my digging.

Yeah, this wasn't the most successful fort.

Oh god why do I still have IE on my taskbar
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33542 on: March 15, 2014, 01:33:55 pm »

holy shit that's awesome.

I've recently noticed that a lot of my engravings are about this bronze colossus slaughtering people. I have never seen it yet and I don't imagine that it's dead (seeing how it's a bronze colossus and I never get any engravings suggesting its death) I really wish I could fight it in my fort sometime.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33543 on: March 15, 2014, 02:03:37 pm »

The duke bites the Goblin Hammerman in the upper right back tooth and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33544 on: March 15, 2014, 02:11:51 pm »

Indeed, and that came from digging out ONE tile. Digging one tile started that mess. It ended up spreading down SEVERAL Z-levels, I think about 5 or 6, and it's still just decimating everything. Every dward except one is dead and all of my supplies are burnt to cinders. This entire forest is probably fucked.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33545 on: March 15, 2014, 02:45:50 pm »

Indeed, and that came from digging out ONE tile. Digging one tile started that mess. It ended up spreading down SEVERAL Z-levels, I think about 5 or 6, and it's still just decimating everything. Every dward except one is dead and all of my supplies are burnt to cinders. This entire forest is probably fucked.
You should try and survive with this one dwarf until migrants arrive. It's more dwarven that way. Have to warn, though - herbalism is the suckiest way to get food. A plant per ten shrubs - if you're lucky.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33546 on: March 15, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »

I caught another dragon! this time female. Dragon eggs! I modded the save to have baby dragons because honestly how can I not?

also I caught a werebeast in peasant form. still don't know what it is but I intend to keep it in a prison room for fun.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33547 on: March 15, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »

also I caught a werebeast in peasant form. still don't know what it is but I intend to keep it in a prison room for fun.

That's a great idea! Will the prisoners sentence end before the next full moon....

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33548 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31:59 pm »

spoilers! no.

I think he's been there for three months now. I learned that he was a werechameleon. at least I don'tt have to worry about him flying out of my prison cell. The room is honestly quite lavish for a prison cell. I even smoothed the floors.

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33549 on: March 16, 2014, 12:21:48 am »

Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33550 on: March 16, 2014, 12:45:44 am »

So he made a toilet?

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33551 on: March 16, 2014, 12:46:23 am »

...well, you are gonna need a porcelain throne sometime after the sweetness of cake...

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33552 on: March 16, 2014, 04:23:46 am »

For some reason I embarked with an Armourer/Gem Setter, which might normally make sense, but in +<<☼Inkystains☼>>+ everything that can be gem-encrusted is gem-encrusted, and only masterful armour can be used, so these 2 key roles really can't be fulfilled by the same dwarf.

So I waited for an alternate gem setter and got one in the first Spring wave - a 120 year old 'first of his kind' competent Gem Setter, he looks all good so I put him to work setting gems into furniture.

Then I check the work he's doing and his first 2 engravings are of "Narrow Horrors". The old gem setter did images of dwarves fighting yetis but this guy just carves nightmares out of diamond. Will the whole fortress end up as some sort of glittery Lovecraftian mess? And if it does, is that a good or bad thing?
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33553 on: March 16, 2014, 07:30:43 am »

That's some impressive destruction.

Volcanoes can be as dangerous as they are useful. Just recently, I nicked my own volcano while sloppily mining out marble. I was lucky it was a diagonal breach and I noticed the burning miner in time. All it cost me was my upper two most floors and said miner. I find accidents involving volcanoes tend to be ugly since the magma is often breached at or above most of the rest of your fort's level and there are no pumps that can be turned off.

On the bright side we were attacked by dragon shortly after the volcano incident and we now have a new fire breathing pet.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:01:09 am by Melting Sky »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33554 on: March 16, 2014, 11:04:59 am »

A random miner and the expedition leader just married.
Also this ghost of a caravan guard who got atom smashed won't leave.
Pages: 1 ... 2235 2236 [2237] 2238 2239 ... 3842