Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6123701 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26640 on: November 29, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »

I don't like the implication here.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26641 on: November 29, 2012, 05:36:29 pm »

Up to combat log page 20 of my Marksdwarf beating a cave crocodile to death with an artifact larch bow.  Luckily the crocodile has his limbs broken from my stone traps as he chased a child into my fort so he can't land a hit on my dwarf but still... this is slow and unusual punishment if you ask me.

Okay, my hammer dwarf came by and crushed it's skull.  21 pages of combat... sheesh.

Crocodiles seem to have really hard skulls. I've seen crocodiles get their skulls  shattered open and they keep kicking...usually by biting off the arm of the guy who just cracked their skull. One even took multiple hits to the head after getting his head smashed open.

To be fair though, that might be Masterwork's reworked head tissues allowing them to survive that, but nontheless. Imagine a croc with little more than pulp for a head proceeding to bite off your arms; Horrifying.

EDIT: Started playing Df again, started up an embark to a terrifying biome I had forgotten about. I thought I had set the world to have no evil rain, after the last awesome embark location I had caused all my dorfs to go unconscious after all walked over 1 tile of the horrible rain, rendering my hopes of a megaconstruct useless due to the extreme exposure to aid rain.

This biome doesn't seem too bad, thought I, At least there's no wormy tendrils or eyeball stalks. It looks like a normal forest. good thng there won't be any evil rain.

...Then it started raining dwarf blood and now my two ironclad horses, a cat, and a war dog who were all chilling around on the surface are spontaneously turned into haunting mist husks by the weather. All are dangerously close to the 1 tile ramp down into the fort. my miners are now on epic race to remove the ramp before they catch the horde's attention. My dwarves have been exposed to the blood though, and I fear one may turn and slaughter his comrades without warning.

If I survive, it will be interesting to see interactions with the surface go.

EDIT2:Things went to hell in a handbasket as soon as I unpaused. A husked horse intercepted my miner and now the miner is turned too. They've flooded down the hole before I could at least wall off the meeting hall and everyone is screwed.

EDIT3: started a new fort. Embarked not far away from the last fort., so that I could keep experimenting with the husking-dorf-blood rain. The instant the game loaded up, EVERYONE was immediately a husk. I lost just by choosing to embark.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:29:39 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26642 on: November 29, 2012, 06:31:52 pm »

Tigermen sieged us again. Multiple squads, murdered the dwarven caravan. A squad of bowmen sat above our walls and took shots at our resident rabit and wax worker. The rabbit was unscathed, probably because it was running in circles around it's chain, seemingly faster than the bolts could travel. The wax worker took some hits, though, and was passed out after the first one hit. He's been admitted to the hospital. No word yet on his condition, but form his wounds screen and description I'd say he'll be just fine. Actually, no, he'll probably die of infection because our only water source is the ponds in the courtyard and there's no soap. Oh well.

In other news, a legendary wood cutter/high master carpenter went fey and is making something. Not a massive gain, I suspect.

Iron production is up, and so I've begun producing armor again. This time the troops should be fully outfitted before production stops. Then I can turn iron production to steel production while the troops train up, all the while green glass discs are being produced for a very basic shredder trap hallway that should put the tigermen at least to shame. Still no sign of goblins or carp men, and only one of the three bruteman civs. That's plenty, though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:50:25 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26643 on: November 29, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

Splint you Badarce, you repeld an entire siege singlehandedly, however you now have motornerve damage to your leg, and your son was kidnapped, so for rp value, your "nephew" will take your place while you live in comfort, on the plus side, you earned a name before your retirement.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26644 on: November 29, 2012, 06:50:44 pm »

Greeeeat. Gimped leg? Man, I'm the one who took after my father then. (If you say it was my right leg I'll assume your game is haunted and knows I exist.)

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26645 on: November 29, 2012, 08:22:55 pm »

Greeeeat. Gimped leg? Man, I'm the one who took after my father then. (If you say it was my right leg I'll assume your game is haunted and knows I exist.)

Nope, left leg :P Also im getting bored of humans, so im going back to dwarves.
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26646 on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:42 pm »

I just made both playable in one DF copy, so I can swap between without even needing to switch DFs! :D

Also made goblins playable, and plan on fiddling with elves to make them playable too without the military failings. And then i added in a bunch of fort defense races, modbolds and my mountain barbarians. Actually haven't seen how the Mountain barbarians will hold up against humans now that i think- I should make the barbarians playable too.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26647 on: November 29, 2012, 08:46:18 pm »

I just made both playable in one DF copy, so I can swap between without even needing to switch DFs! :D

Also made goblins playable, and plan on fiddling with elves to make them playable too without the military failings. And then i added in a bunch of fort defense races, modbolds and my mountain barbarians. Actually haven't seen how the Mountain barbarians will hold up against humans now that i think- I should make the barbarians playable too.

Yeah i made both playable, also im using the Fortress Defence mod.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26648 on: November 29, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »

I outta send you the modbolds. They can send substantial strike teams as early as timber of year one. :D

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26649 on: November 29, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »

I outta send you the modbolds. They can send substantial strike teams as early as timber of year one. :D

Sound horrifing.

EDIT: Here is the new embark. The mountains are super steep so this should be just to my liking.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:02:48 pm by Fishybang »

EdtheHammer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26650 on: November 29, 2012, 10:03:34 pm »

Is that a statue of a half-dwarf half-crab?
15 level tall statue, all copper, with a built in waterfall feature

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26651 on: November 29, 2012, 10:18:29 pm »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hmm, Whats this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

crap.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26652 on: November 29, 2012, 10:21:53 pm »

Clearly you must send the miners to eliminate it, then eat like kings.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26653 on: November 29, 2012, 10:22:14 pm »

Huh, that's inter- wait what, that's my fort, and that's this year! I must check the lake/moat.

What the hell? This is probably one of my favorite moments I've ever had in DF. This was out of pure chance, too. I raised the bridge when zombies (or a kobold ambush) came and that thief was blown into the water and drowned, saving an artifact. The artifact, btw:

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26654 on: November 29, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »

There is an egg in the nest. If i leave it alone will it hatch?
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 3842