Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6123708 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26625 on: November 28, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Silentthunders as of the year 40-something. The courtyard is finally completely floored over :D :D :D
Just need to get the surroundings paved over, then I can build more up and dig more down. 5 z lvls a day makes for a really long staircase.

Teach me how to fortress like you.
Hmm... Well this fort started out like this:

[1] Secure building grounds (clear trees, build workshops).
[2] Manufacture weapons.
[3] Cry self to sleep whenever creatures show up in the hopes you survive till migrant wave #1/
[4] Build booze stockpile + stone quarry + clear forest as much as possible.
[5] Stick to keeping Dwarves alive and adding things spontaneously, joining all together.
[6] Dwarf Fortress

Finaly had a fort die due to !!FUN!!. It all started while building the castle, one idiot made a huge cave in killing 3 people, cue everybody throwing tantrums, and going beserk. Loudwhispers was the last to survive, Splint died trying to subdue 6 beserkers.
I died the way I lived, clinging onto the edge of life, being dragged down by insane hairy midgets.
Wait, what?

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26626 on: November 28, 2012, 09:22:14 pm »

Well, im not to sure what to say about this one.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26627 on: November 28, 2012, 10:15:17 pm »

FC2FCd, or AOE dump, to autodump logs, and save some hauling time, using DFHack's Autodump.  Accidentally screwed the pooch, and labeled my supports for dumping, and a dwarf just pulled one up.  Tripping a 2 chunk, cave-in trap!  Oops
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26628 on: November 29, 2012, 12:33:24 am »

My werewolf test subject went bonkers. I have no idea what was eating him besides "He was unable to find somebody in charge to cry on." There's a reason you're in quarantine, idiot.

Well, now he can babble senselessly in the peace of his empty 3x3 cell. But maybe that's exactly why he's babbling insanely.

Now if only I had access to runesmith and could cancel his insanity. Now all he's good for is infecting the populace.

In other news, my smelters have failed to meet the demand for iron from my weapon adn armor smiths. A minor setback. Migrants, though, will be a massive advantage if they make it inside without being murdered. And as long as nothing else gets inside with them...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26629 on: November 29, 2012, 12:39:53 am »

So I started up an embark. Pretty standard looking. 3x5, cold, split taiga/mountain biome. There's a volcano, lots of magma-safe stone, fire clay, and even galena and malachite.

What I wasn't warned about until checking the unit list, though, was the presence of FOUR legendary dragons, with no less than six dragon eggs, chilling in a little niche cavern by the stream.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

EdtheHammer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26630 on: November 29, 2012, 03:17:47 am »

My first contribution to this thread, I'll just leave this here

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26631 on: November 29, 2012, 03:21:35 am »

Is that a statue of a half-dwarf half-crab?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26632 on: November 29, 2012, 04:09:36 am »

Zoiddorf doing a jig :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26633 on: November 29, 2012, 04:23:25 am »

Wooboobooboobooboo

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26634 on: November 29, 2012, 06:40:04 am »

Up to combat log page 20 of my Marksdwarf beating a cave crocodile to death with an artifact larch bow.  Luckily the crocodile has his limbs broken from my stone traps as he chased a child into my fort so he can't land a hit on my dwarf but still... this is slow and unusual punishment if you ask me.

Okay, my hammer dwarf came by and crushed it's skull.  21 pages of combat... sheesh.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26635 on: November 29, 2012, 07:42:55 am »

I have a minecart track set up to dump useless refuse into the moat around my fortress.

It seems that having this up and running, it is NOT a good idea to send out men to pave the ground of the moat.
I just lost a mason. He died by having a whole minecarts worth of vermin corpses and various body parts dumped on his head.
Not a nice way to die :D

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26636 on: November 29, 2012, 12:02:18 pm »

First forgotten beast of this fort. Had a Titan earlier who killed 2 guys by stinging them in the head and knocked a third into a river, so I was worried. Sent both of my squads (10 melee dwarves and 6 marksdwarves) to get him. Army lines up on the banks of the underground lake the beast is swimming out of. He charges. A crossbow dwarf runs up...

The Hauler hits the Forgotten Beast in the back left leg with his Palm Crossbow! The severed part flies off in an arc! The Forgotten Beast has been slain!

That was anticlimactic... :/

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26637 on: November 29, 2012, 12:51:21 pm »

All hail the peons! :P
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26638 on: November 29, 2012, 02:33:38 pm »

First siege ended with three dead: Two fishermen who got crushed by the bridge (I wasn't too sure of my defenses as they hadn't been tested yet against a real invasion, so I ordered the bridge shut too soon) and a baby who was dropped by his mother in panic. The bastard goblins charged him and hacked him apart with axes... Half fell to cage traps outside the fort, the rest made it to my main hallway. Three dozen maces, axes, and spears attacked them out of the walls. Some goblins stood their ground and were instantly destroyed. Others tried to dodge and fell off the bridge to their deaths. One was hit by half a dozen maces, which threw him into the air... He landed in a cage trap. Those goblins who were lucky enough not to make it into the fort fled. Huzzah!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26639 on: November 29, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »

Well, Loudwispers, you and Splint just had your first child, a strong and tough baby boy. When hes old enough hes going to follow in his fathers footsteps.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.
Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 3842