Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1716 1717 [1718] 1719 1720 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127731 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25755 on: September 27, 2012, 06:26:53 pm »

So FigureCurse is starting to build up. Got the bedroom, workshop, and dining room floors dug out, and the farms are going. So far the Forest of Itches isn't all that scary. The only horrifying thing is the massive swarms of flies that come drifting through, and all they do is bug dwarves. I can only imagine what it'd be like to be laying siege to the fort in such weather. Thankfully, that's not my job.  :P

It's the first summer now, and some migrants arrived to help haul stuff.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25756 on: September 27, 2012, 07:16:19 pm »

Frenzyseals, 1057.  249 dwarves now populate this tundra fortress of whom 100 are children...the baby boom generation will start to exert political influence in another 6-12 years. 

The clothing industry is literally the most important in the fortress at present.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25757 on: September 27, 2012, 07:19:39 pm »

Frenzyseals, 1057.  249 dwarves now populate this tundra fortress of whom 100 are children...the baby boom generation will start to exert political influence in another 6-12 years. 

The clothing industry is literally the most important in the fortress at present.
This is a example of "doing it wrong". A nice "executed migrant to resident exchange" program works wonders. Have your children remove flooring, it is generally the best method of killing them off.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:35:23 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25758 on: September 27, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »

Glory to the shield of crabs! three monsterous beetles (basically taking beetles at are the size of a real world pony and making them the size of a large pickup truck) have been captured! This second go is working out much better than the alligator and cave man swarmed one, and if I need to I can call up the miners to fight in a pinch with no bad thoughts.

The sight has confirmed flux, numerous bladestone pockets, gold, rock crystal viens, and galena. I'm hoping I won't need to rely on ore imports, but having these monsters to fight my battles for me will be handy. Also elephants. Boatmurdered suffered at thier trunks, Mineplunge shall make make them make its enemies suffer instead.

Time to build the surface structures.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25759 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:27 pm »

So after the failure that was the Vomitorium up top there, I modded aq shit ton more stuff and have spent the last thirty minutes trying to work around a world gen crash. No errors, just BAM DED.  It turns out I didn't add anything wrong, I just removed something wrong.  Apparently DF doesn't like it if you only have one kind of megabeast/semimegabeast.  The More You Know.  I'll have to add some bosses in as mega/semi to get around that.

When your race can only start in taigas or tundra, you get a lot of world rejections.  On the plus side, this new test world has a suitable taiga that spans the entire north end of the island, so my race has taken complete control up there.  None of the desert races made it, though.

Can't wait to see my additions in action!  Now, to find a suitable evil biome...

Edit:  It also has a really creepy god.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:44:12 pm by Clover Magic »

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25760 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16:44 pm »

Journal of Kotonoa, 15th Timber, yr.453
First Previous Next

We've been overwhelmed with work. Still, we noticed the traders arrive. They ignored the messages we've sent by arrowhead. Also, some kobold was hanging around. Poor kobold, I dare say.

Spoiler: The Token Kobold (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:25:57 pm by ZzarkLinux »

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25761 on: September 27, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »

Just found out that my modded race called Krall is unable to spawn in fortress mode for some reason.
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25762 on: September 27, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »

Just found out that my modded race called Krall is unable to spawn in fortress mode for some reason.
Cool. They don't happen to be these kind of Krall, mayhaps; are they?

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25763 on: September 27, 2012, 09:46:19 pm »

Cool. They don't happen to be these kind of Krall, mayhaps; are they?

Originally they were but over the course of a few years of D&D adaption they became something else. Well either way since they have no ability to trade, arm themselves or ambush/seige a fortress right now they are just a bunch of naked psychos.
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25764 on: September 28, 2012, 10:56:25 am »

tantrums, oh tantrums. I guess I should have made more awesome stuff for dwarves to stare at. It might have also been better to make my dump pit into a trash compactor before there were hundreds of corpses to take care of.

My guess though is that Urnprophet is going to balance out with lots of corpses and not enough people to manage them.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25765 on: September 28, 2012, 01:22:32 pm »

I have no darn idea why... but for some reason my carpenter drowns cats... at least I have fifteen more for my 'cat-a-pult' and stopped him by making him the first test subject. He didn't fly... but he met the sparrow men that met my dogs before...

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25766 on: September 28, 2012, 02:01:13 pm »

The king has arrived, and is a vampire.  I looked at his kill list and discovered the following:

Over the past 893 years he's been alive, he has killed 33,302 dwarves.  That's three times as many as that other vampire king I read about.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:20:36 pm by Vercingetorix »
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25767 on: September 28, 2012, 04:11:19 pm »

The cat-a-pult was a success! (After my PC started self-destruction and I was able to save it before the shutdown.) Too bad that the idiots who pulled the lever ran right under it as it came down and the next one stood on it and was sent flying too...
Now I really want to create one of these modded Chainswords my friend made for me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25768 on: September 28, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »

Question: Do werecurses always transfer when a dwarf is bitten? Cause if so, I'm going to have to quarentine that hosptilized dwarf before the end of the month when he goes Capybara on me.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25769 on: September 28, 2012, 04:36:50 pm »

Only if the initial bite torn the skin. Shaking damage won't tranfer it, nor will brusing. Torn muscle or fat though pretty much means get him treated, isolated, and out quick.
Pages: 1 ... 1716 1717 [1718] 1719 1720 ... 3842