Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128709 times)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25605 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:36 pm »

One of my dwarven children (Eight year old) has created this whilst possessed:

I think I'll give him a bigger room.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25606 on: September 17, 2012, 09:38:06 pm »

Just got back to playing DF again. I might as well toss in my DFMA map and let it tell you what's up with it.

Welcome to CryBoulder

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25607 on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:54 pm »

Returned to Cryptclear since I was tired of paving the stupid dining room in Crystalspires.  So many alunite blocks.

I have a bugged swordmaster in the hospital.  I managed to do the deconstruct bed trick to get her evaluated, and then the doctor did his job...up until the last step, immobilizing her broken arm.  The doctor refuses to do anything now, sitting around with "No Job" for a month.  The deconstructing bed no longer works - she just lays there with a flashing X, but her job is still "Rest", so no dwarves will "recover" her to another bed.  It's like she doesn't exist, except that they feed and water her, so obviously they know she's there.

She's been in there so long she now has an infection and I might lose her. :/  Which is sad, because she is one of only two dwarves with battle titles, and she held off the mjority of the last siege by herself - hence why she has a broken arm in the first place.  This is ridiculous -Y U NO STICK SPLINT ON ARM DOCTOR.

Edit: Cave-ins and setting her on fire (quickly put out) have also not reset her.  So now I have a more-wounded dwarf "Resting" on the floor of my dining room.

I also may or may not have just set the surface on fire trying to get rid of a bugged giant crow.  Whoops.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:29:55 pm by Clover Magic »

person012345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25608 on: September 18, 2012, 05:00:31 am »

Just had a military dwarf kill his wife, who at the time was in a berserk rage attacking their baby. Here's his thoughts:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had all the things she needed for her strange mood, but apparently she needed specific types I didn't have or something. I worked really hard to get her what she needed, but she went insane anyway.

But seriously. He killed his wife and doomed his baby and he's ecstatic. It's a wonder what legendary food and drink can do.
Funniest thing is "took joy in slaughter". He loved murdering his wife.

Altramertes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25609 on: September 18, 2012, 06:22:11 am »

My current fortress is at it's fifth year and so far we've managed to deal with anything mother nature and gobos decided to throw at us. The only problem is that we have no armor grade metal to speak of, and the caravan does not "fathom me ending with so many goods". This is the first time I've run into this issue and I don't really find an explanation, as place in the stockpile is clearly not an issue.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #25610 on: September 18, 2012, 07:16:06 am »

My current fortress is at it's fifth year and so far we've managed to deal with anything mother nature and gobos decided to throw at us. The only problem is that we have no armor grade metal to speak of, and the caravan does not "fathom me ending with so many goods". This is the first time I've run into this issue and I don't really find an explanation, as place in the stockpile is clearly not an issue.

I believe that means that they think you're trying to rip them off.  No matter how valuable your goods are that you're willing to trade, if you ask for a load of stuff in return while only trading, let's say, 5 *Plump Helmet Roast* then the caravan will reply "Cannot fathom you getting so many goods."  It helps if you instead trade in smaller bursts, rather than all in one big deal.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Altramertes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25611 on: September 18, 2012, 08:05:42 am »

I believe that means that they think you're trying to rip them off.  No matter how valuable your goods are that you're willing to trade, if you ask for a load of stuff in return while only trading, let's say, 5 *Plump Helmet Roast* then the caravan will reply "Cannot fathom you getting so many goods."  It helps if you instead trade in smaller bursts, rather than all in one big deal.
That's the problem. I never had such an issue, even when I tried to sell them prepared food in the barrels. I'm wondering if it has any relevance to the skills of my broker, but wiki states otherwise.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25612 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:48 am »

Well, third and final attempt to rescue the swrddwarf - releasing a caged goblin on top of her to see if it would interrupt the "Rest" job - failed.  She continued to have her glitchy rest as the rest of her squad killed the goblin on top of her.  Did interrupt a hauler and two party-goers, though.

I guess I'm just going to have to live with a new addition to my dining hall, at least until she either dies of infection or the dwarves stop feeding her, whichever comes first.

On a brighter note, migrants!

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25613 on: September 18, 2012, 09:13:36 am »

Is she currently in an active squad?

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25614 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:15 am »

Is she currently in an active squad?

Nope.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25615 on: September 18, 2012, 12:09:44 pm »

Baby got back...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25616 on: September 18, 2012, 12:21:47 pm »

The fortress has yet to enounter much aside from some kea people who were torn to shreds by hastily trained war crabs and war beetles and a pair of sugar beetles. One managed to make off with a pick axe, though. And the rest who basically commited suicide are in several peices around the wagon. A second stole an entire stack of shimmersteel bolts though, because the hunter equipped with them dumped them all for some reason.

Food storage and amess hall is carved, as are all the needed production facilities save for magma ones, which I'll probably have to go down to the magma sea to access. I hate having to dig down that far, because metalworking is the one industry I don't tolerate great distances needing to be traversed and I'm too much of a pussy to bring magma up. A barracks has been put together and a hasty milita of a hammerdwarf and a recruit are training in there now without weapons or armor.

I expect the first necro attack to end this place. I need to drag those kea people inside and stick them behind a locked door...

Small swarms of zephyrs an kobolds keep trying to steal shit from the crafts wing, only to be spotted by the weaver who came in autumn's pet peahen or the the two roving tomcats we have. Sugar beetles evidently are NOT very docile and will viciously attack and persue anything not part of it's herd on sight. One met it's end to the caravan from home, which also saved us from certain booze death, the rest have suffered minor injuries from relentless sugar beetles chasing them. If any of the war animals had gotten them they'd have been torn to shreds, since the beetles were able to liberate a humansized enemy of its limbs.

It is sping now, and I fear our meager provisions will not suffice for long, and even with our small farms operating they may have.... problems supporting the impending population spike.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25617 on: September 18, 2012, 03:17:24 pm »

At Crushpaint, it's now spring, and a woodsdwarf has gone to make an artifact using two logs of wood.  Also of note, are a male crundle and buzzard being caught.  A kobold tried to steal recently, and got away empty-handed.  The magma forges and whatnot are being set up at last, despite 3 years of time.  The fortress is now in the hands of another friend, who I hope won't get unlucky with 73 dwarves who go moody for impossible goods/adamantine.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25618 on: September 18, 2012, 03:32:23 pm »

I got an oddly large number of wrestlers, swordsdwarves, hunters, and kids close to adulthood. Oh, and a great armorer. Best part? No vampires slipped in (First time I've left vamps on in some time.) Unfortunately, i don't have nearly enough rooms yet, so a few folk will be sleeping on the floor, grass, or wherever.

Population of Hallstrike is now 44, up from 17. Hammer squad is armed, a sword squad has been haphazaerdously armed with bladestone swords, and a spear squad has been pitifully armed with one royal bronze spear and two silver ones, and a number of hunters have been conscripted into a support squad.

Taking all bets on how long until those local necros deside to slap my shit!

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25619 on: September 18, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »

Fedtreaty, my first fortress that didnt starve to death or fell to an untimely ambush, has now 35 ingame years under its belt and i feel its time to go out in a blaze.
Each and every member of the hold has created an artefact, the merchants trade their entire load against a single randomly selected bin of gold crafts fit to buy a moderatly sized barony.

Today the final member of my first squad, the Geared Furnaces, has named his shield and weapon, his inspiration a sign from Armok himself. There is nothing more to achieve in these lands than cleansing it from the threat from beyond...

Those 10 grim elite veterans that do not care about anything anymore will lead the march on the underworld, each a hundred kills and more, to his name.
10 determined warriors will take up the flanks and 10 hawkeye marksdwarves will provide ranged support and suppressive fire from the back. 10 younger dwarves eager to prove themselves will skirmish inbetween.
One and all are clad in masterwork adamantide mail and plate, wielding masterwork weapons and bolts and the finest spidersilken socks. Sigun herself will spearhead the formation, sheathed head to toe in artefact clothing, the very first steel battleaxe the fortress bought from the mountainhomes so many years ago in her gnarled, scarred hand.
Kingly beds and stockpiles of food are prepared near the gates of hell, a room for a field medic station has been dug and soon i will give the command to break into the final vein of god-metal, and we will see what the legions of doom have to offer.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 3842