Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1396 1397 [1398] 1399 1400 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120384 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20955 on: March 21, 2012, 01:36:24 pm »

My.. mayor. Is on fire.  :o I have no idea how. The child !!Rakust Thitallogem!! apparently as well, but the child is dead already. HOW?  There ARE two fire imps on my map and both the child and the mayor are near my magma forges etc. but the imps are ... not as far down as I thought. Hmm. I got no combat reports, though. Well, not about the imps and burning Dwarfs. Plenty about goblins.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:39:43 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20956 on: March 21, 2012, 02:07:00 pm »

That FB was cupcake, weirdly enough. I was expecting worse.
My elite marksdwarves. They make me proud.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20957 on: March 21, 2012, 02:08:13 pm »

My.. mayor. Is on fire.  :o I have no idea how. The child !!Rakust Thitallogem!! apparently as well, but the child is dead already. HOW?  There ARE two fire imps on my map and both the child and the mayor are near my magma forges etc. but the imps are ... not as far down as I thought. Hmm. I got no combat reports, though. Well, not about the imps and burning Dwarfs. Plenty about goblins.
ITS A SIGN OF ARMOK!
SACRIFICE HIM TO THE HOLY GOD OF BLOOD!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20958 on: March 21, 2012, 02:12:26 pm »

Point one; he's dead already.
Point two; yous ain't funny. :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20959 on: March 21, 2012, 02:15:46 pm »

Point one; he's dead already.
Point two; yous ain't funny. :P
I know.
:P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20960 on: March 21, 2012, 02:30:21 pm »

"The newbie fortress"

Well, my first fortress: Already made some huge rookie-misstakes (built everything in clay "dungeon", miasma (had a ghost not properly burried I think), a hammerer without a weapon so he can't punish evil-doers etc.etc...).
A "lizard-demon-or-something" appeared just-like-that. He later on tranformed into a elf-child, killed 3 of my wimpsy dwarves (no weapons of course) before dissapearing just as fast as he arrived. Some strange stuff  :o Well, now my 122 dwarfs are struggeling to surive since their God and commander (that would be me) havn't got a clue how to make them pleased.
Well, "the newbie fortress" hasn't the best future perhaps, but for me to learn this great game my dwarfs must be ready to take alot of pain... Right now I'm considering killing like 50 of 'em so I can focus on the ones left while learning the basics... Only problem is that I can't success in killing them...
Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20961 on: March 21, 2012, 02:55:59 pm »

"The newbie fortress"

Well, my first fortress: Already made some huge rookie-misstakes (built everything in clay "dungeon", miasma (had a ghost not properly burried I think), a hammerer without a weapon so he can't punish evil-doers etc.etc...).
A "lizard-demon-or-something" appeared just-like-that. He later on tranformed into a elf-child, killed 3 of my wimpsy dwarves (no weapons of course) before dissapearing just as fast as he arrived. Some strange stuff  :o Well, now my 122 dwarfs are struggeling to surive since their God and commander (that would be me) havn't got a clue how to make them pleased.
Well, "the newbie fortress" hasn't the best future perhaps, but for me to learn this great game my dwarfs must be ready to take alot of pain... Right now I'm considering killing like 50 of 'em so I can focus on the ones left while learning the basics... Only problem is that I can't success in killing them...

Welcome to Hell! :D

Try making a nice dining room by smoothing and engraving in a large stone room filled with tables and chairs. If they're having problems with food, jsut increase the number of farms you have active. Plump helmets are the best underground food crop, and you can grow fisher berries, wild strawberries, and prickle berries on the surface.

The best possible way to slaughter them tends to be barricading them in a room with no food or drink and letting them die slowly. Try using burrows, selecting a room, and assigning the dwarves you'd like to kill to it. Assign the other dwarves to a different room/burrow and then make a meeting hall in each, so they'll soon filter into their respective chambers. leave one mason/carpenter out free to build a stone/wood wall in front of the room containing the damned and then remove the burrows. everyone you hate should now be trapped in that room and awaiting starvation/dehydration.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20962 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:40 pm »

It looks like Chuck Norris have enlisted in my fortress and called himself Aban Dishmabsolon ( Aban "Rampartflag" ) under the pretense of being a Metalcrafter.

I noticed he was a Competent Swordsdwarf so i drafter it in my military system.

Later Salul Desislaven Udarodkish (Salul "Snarlprairie the Rainy fern" ) , a horrible Plain Titan came to assault the fortress.

I deployed my full Marskdwarves section on the roof, while the shock troops were waiting behind them.
The Plain Titan jumped into the stream and decided to swim under the walls of my fortress entrance.
But that didn't really helped him, as during the whole time he was transformed in a pin cushion by my very good Marksdwarves, i guess he totally deserved the "careless" comment in his description.

Then once he was bored from being shot from the roof, he came out of the water, and i launched my ground troops after him.
And in the middle of my fighters, there was Aban Dishmabsolon, the Swordsdwarf that decided to show his true power :

Very strangely Chuck Aban Dishmabsolon does not have really noticable skills in kicking and his strength is not that great

I guess Chuck is even hiding his real stats to avoid attracting media attention.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:59:22 pm by Robsoie »

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20963 on: March 21, 2012, 04:02:59 pm »

Composed of Coral mate. Not too impressive. Then again, that fits mr. Norris to a t. :P

Now, if he kicked a titan made of steel or gemstone in half, that WOULD be impressive. :P
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20964 on: March 21, 2012, 04:29:53 pm »

Oh ! i didn't noticed it was entirely made of coral.
It was then already a miracle the thing managed to reach my fortress without crumbling on itself :D

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20965 on: March 21, 2012, 07:18:12 pm »

Everything was going fine, just repelled a siege of goblins and collected the loot and bodies...then chaos from inside the fort.

Inglish Mebzuthfenglel Etomdorenlanzil Atzul, Blood Beast Planter was his name.

So apparently one of my dwarves was cursed with being a Blood Beast and just eliminated a 120+ strong fort on his own (not including war animals and other creatures). The description of him says that "this type of creature is found near the underworld", although the controlled dwarf was a grower that lived near the surface. Not sure how that works out. I didn't see any type of message prior to the grower transforming and slaughtering everybody.  The last thing I did was open the third cavern layer and seal it off.

The damage report on him is a full screen worth of scars, broken bones, dents, fractures, bruises and is missing two pieces: the left leg (all the way to the upper portion) and his left hand. There are still 6 dwarves left alive and a couple of animals, although they are about to be finished by him (he's quite determined to kill EVERYTHING). Even missing a leg doesn't seem to have slowed him down. He's an unstoppable creature of poisonous blood and a lust for combat.

He basically just transformed and started tearing dwarf by dwarf into pieces and consumed their blood. Any thing that he attacked instantly made a cloud of miasma (rotted the flesh immediately), so I couldn't even see what was happening. I still don't even know where or how it came from. The grower in question never left the first 3 layers in all the time he lived in the fort.

I had embarked in an untamed wilds area, nowhere near any evil places. I didn't get into hfs or even find the candy, so running into something this impossible to fight is :/. He just appeared in the middle of the dining room and had his own party. I am greatly confused by this turn of events. Guess I have to start a new fort. I just don't even know how he even.

Edit: Last 2 dwarves alive finally managed to kill him, and then...
A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS HAS ARRIVED!
Have fun with the blood you guys!

....He can resurrect himself it seems. I was just viewing over his corpse and then he came back to life (not a zombie or anything, so no necromancer hiding). He wiped out the siege party and then died again. Since he was a dwarf, the game ended when he re-died (nobody else was left alive).

What a crazy fort.

This is awesome. He came BACK ALIVE and then died, to END THE FORT? Pure awesome.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20966 on: March 21, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »

The Age of Legends was upon my fortress after the 3rd Titan attacked my fort and died trying.
To my surprise there have been only 1 dwarven loss in those 3 titanic assaults.

Entering the Age of Legends didn't meant golden age, as a 4th Titan appeared, probably having heard about our victories on his brothers and sisters, it was a time for vengeance upon the dwarves

Loli "Cloudymoistened the Island of Vegetation" in human language

As usual the Marskdwarves went to the roof and started to shoot the approaching monster. And very soon ceased to fire. To my horror i noticed that they had run out of bolts, despite i regularly forged some more (having found a lot of magnetite helps in getting iron ore) , i don't know how they could have wasted so much as i forbidden hunting skill to any dwarves having it.

Anyways, contact was imminent.
But there were 2 shock squads : the militia and the fortress guards, so in total 30 military dwarves hardened by several years of training + titans and several undead & goblins sieges killing.

That Titan was shooting webs, but still it was 30 competent warriors against 1 Titan, what could have gone wrong ?

Apparently , that Titan heard about Aban Dishmabsolon that was the subject of my previous post, that claimed to be a kicking expert, and that was probably the real reason of his war over my fort.

And to prove that the dwarf was just a fake, the Titan went directly on him

Indeed, Aban was no Chuck Norris.

So the battle exploded, a melee with the 30 dwarves facing that enraged Titan, and :

for several pages.

Until in the end Tiris Medtobaltar (that was a Herbalist when he was not hammering Titans around him)

Managed to strike down the Titanic monster.

When the dust dissipated, dwarven corpses were all over the ground, only 8 dwarves were always alive on my squads, the beast killed 22 -very good- hardened veteran warriors by kicking them all in the head.
Couldn't believe that, as those dwarves were very experienced in their battle skills.
The monster really was worthy of his Titan calling

I guess the turnpoint was the running out of ammo thing, that prevented the dwarves to wear down the monster before getting close.
Lesson to learn : if you think you are manufacturing enough bolts, you're then not manufacturing enough of them.

Oh and beware the angry Titans that know kung fu.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:38:19 pm by Robsoie »

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20967 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:39 pm »

Oh god, my 6 militia-dwarf strong military has to fend off a slade fortress. This can't POSSIBLY turn out TOO badly... I really like this fort. Volcano, first ever slade fortress, gold, cobaltite, steep cliffs, artifact silver shield...

But Flying Flaming Hornbill Zombies? There is no god.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yep, militia was slaughtered wholesale. There were two brave dwarves, however, who even now manage to hold out against the zombie mooses' onslaught. They bought enough time for the masons of the fortress to wall them off while they are strangled. To be fair, however, 16 zombies are now significantly more dead than they were before.

...And my recruit swordsdwarf has now endured 200+ straight pages of strangling, and is still ongoing. So I guess that's one less vampire to worry about?
No, not a vamp, even a vamp would have bled out at this point. Her heart is torn apart, but she's still being wailed on, minute after minute... I wonder if this is some incredibly awesome bug, and if so I shouldn't just abandon this fort and go as an adventurer to nab the master sword.

I do believe some sort of glitch shenanigans are involved, because as soon as I saved and reloaded the fort, she died/was dead. How very bizarre! In any case, the sword shall be mine >:D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:54:40 pm by Stoup »

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20968 on: March 21, 2012, 08:45:13 pm »

Anvilring:  I have assigned the artifact golden war hammer (praise Armok!) to Ushrir Asast, one of my militia captains and a Talented Hammerdwarf.  He was quick to take the weapon to the execution chamber and slay a troglodyte captive with it.

The hammer's name is Duraligam Arommostod, "Honoredgorges the Beloved Shame."  The hammer bears the image of the (apparently deceased) king of the Cloudy Sword dwarven civilization.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20969 on: March 21, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »

There has been a war between a human civ and a goblin civ going on for 5 1/4 centuries with a grand total of... 8 deaths total!

I didn't know worldgen could ever be so violent.
Pages: 1 ... 1396 1397 [1398] 1399 1400 ... 3842