Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress vs. Dungeon Keeper 1-2  (Read 12081 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress vs. Dungeon Keeper 1-2
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 01:27:35 pm »

I love DK2!

"One of your imps does a great impression of you, he can even do the ears."

Yeh, the funny random advisor's comments...
Too bad DK2 has a big tendency to crash on modern computers, even though it's really not that old game.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 07:45:49 pm »

I love DK2!

Too bad DK2 has a big tendency to crash on modern computers, even though it's really not that old game.

huh, I never had a problem with it crashing on my XP computer...  Haven't tried it on my Vista system yet though.  this thread has planted the idea however, so perhaps this weekend...

Personal favorite quote was something about a large fluffy object in the other room rumored to restore energy... It's called a BED! (I used to play a lot around 2 am ;) )
Demon of Darkness

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 08:19:49 pm »

i found out how to run dk2 stably on vista, its just takes time to set up, one of the reasons i dont bother to play it much...

and i lost one of my evil genius discs :'(

Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 08:44:27 pm »

I love DK2!

huh, I never had a problem with it crashing on my XP computer...  Haven't tried it on my Vista system yet though.  this thread has planted the idea however, so perhaps this weekend...

Personal favorite quote was something about a large fluffy object in the other room rumored to restore energy... It's called a BED! (I used to play a lot around 2 am ;) )

Well it only crashes on the main menu. But it crashes like hell there. I once had to run the game 3 times to play in My Pet Dungeon. Once ingame it's fine though. No crashes there. At least not until I mess every code function up with CE.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 08:50:52 pm »

I absolutely loved EG. The traps in particular.

Sadly though, the EG guys went out of business. :(

If it's any consolation, it seems Rebellion Developments purchased everything Elixir had. They don't seem to have done much with it, though. :-\
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 01:27:01 am »

I absolutely loved EG. The traps in particular.

Sadly though, the EG guys went out of business. :(

If it's any consolation, it seems Rebellion Developments purchased everything Elixir had. They don't seem to have done much with it, though. :-\
How rebellious of them.... I thought evil genius was fun, but I also knew it wouldn't give me the kind of control I wanted.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 12:54:48 am »

I recall Lego, of all things, created a game vaguely similar to DF in Rock Raiders. It was basically a mining game with futuristic tech and aliens. And Lego. But yeah, it was pretty fun.

That game was bitchen. Nothing like DF, but still bitchen.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 04:41:50 am »

I love DK and DK2. DK was one of the first games I bought for the PC and DK2 was the first sequel I bought (not counting SimCity2K). I was always hoping for a DK3, but then that bastard Molyneux decided to divorce with Bullfrog.

My favorite part about DK was the digging out rooms, piling lots of hordes of gold, and beating up innocent creatures with my minions. I could do the same thing with DF, but with much more detail. Also, DF gives me a different version of gems being an unlimited source of money; a few gemmed items are enough to buy a whole caravan of goods. Only problem with DF are the graphics and that there are rocks everywhere I dig out.

The humor in DK was awesome, of course. Haha, I liked it that the advisor told me to sleep after playing too late into the night.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 03:05:17 am »

Oddly enough, the first thing that ran through my mind when I saw the DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 05:08:53 am »

Oddly enough, the first thing that ran through my mind when I saw the DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

man, that should be added as a feature now
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!
Pages: 1 [2]