Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094795 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20115 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:45 pm »

Keas. So much. How does a kea carry a sandstone wardrobe? Or steel axe? Or anything?
And then I lost seventy odd dwarves to ambushes. It's horrible.

Keas are big and can carry stuff.  Not a wardrobe, but a dwarf-sized axe is semi-plausible.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20116 on: February 28, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »

Started off making a hugely over-ambitious starting fortress, almost ran out of suppliues carving it out. Just as I finish, thinking that now I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and recover my stores...

7 useless mouths arrive

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20117 on: February 28, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »

Started off making a hugely over-ambitious starting fortress, almost ran out of suppliues carving it out. Just as I finish, thinking that now I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and recover my stores...

7 useless mouths arrive

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Raise the drawbridge and let them starve or get killed.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20118 on: February 28, 2012, 04:33:20 pm »

The harvest just came in. Phew, thank Armok for that.

However, the fortress is still hilariously unfinished so they're going straight to work, no sponging off my meagre resources here!
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20119 on: February 28, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »

I just discovered water wheels have quality?  But I can't figure out what it does.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20120 on: February 28, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »

I just discovered water wheels have quality?  But I can't figure out what it does.
Makes dwarves that stare at hydroelectric plants happy, most likely.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20121 on: February 28, 2012, 05:09:41 pm »

It makes the little dorfs have not suicidal/killy thoughts when they walk by them.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #20122 on: February 28, 2012, 05:16:45 pm »

Also adds to your Architectural wealth, I believe.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20123 on: February 28, 2012, 05:37:48 pm »

"No! My husband the macelord hath been slain and now I am left with nothing! I will end my life! Nothing can pierce this grief! Hey, that's a nice looking (statue/waterwheel/table/trap/door/or best - coffin). I feel a lot better now."
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20124 on: February 28, 2012, 05:49:02 pm »

Sneaky *%&£$ goblins

A few thieves and snatchers showed up. The only way into the fort lay through a pack of 20 War Dogs, so when goblin #1 opened the door, he got an entire pack of Hounds chasing him. Someone on the Goblin side has some tactical sense though, as after 2 or 3 repeats a Goblin Ambush showed up while all the dogs where chasing thieves.

Had to cut our losses on that one. We then rushed to finish the last 3 blocks on the west side wall, giving us cover to keep working on the project while the Goblins milled around outside. Then an Elven caravan showed up. The Goblins made short work of that.

The Goblins have left now - I'm 100% self-sustainable in here - and I'm contemplating looting the remains of the Elven caravan.
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20125 on: February 28, 2012, 06:55:09 pm »

Random dyer got a possession and made this.

Worth 13152000 urists. Looks like I'll be getting sieges out the ass because some prick spirit decided to make a bit of really nice bling. Also, bastard wasted two of my very few bars of starmetal for a fucking bracelet.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20126 on: February 28, 2012, 07:32:51 pm »

After some fiddling, have updated my fortress into .03 and made Ironhand run with it.  Hurray!

And I just realized I'd left it running in the background.  This would be more of a problem if I hadn't realized it paused itself because one of my weaponsmiths has taken fey.  Sweet.  What shall she make?

Edit: She's gone for the adamantine.  If this results in a warhammer...

Edit 2: "This is an adamantine war hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  This object menaces with spikes of light yellow diamond.  On the item is an image of rope reed in adamantine."

Fuck you.  At least it was fey so she's legendary now, or else this would have resulted in magma.  I guess when I get justice running my hammerer will have an awesome wiffle bat.

Why the admantine AND one of my diamonds?  Really?  :/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:38:14 pm by Clover Magic »

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20127 on: February 28, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »

3th siege Sibreklecad.
16 Trollens.
15 Gob axemen
1 mace lord
15 pikemen
1 elite crossbow
10 macegob
1 general
A cyclope came a bit later and was killed by two macegobs. Though I'd actually won I decided to succumb to the invasion because fuck. The last straw was when I saw that all my ready coffins were filled with unnamed war dogs and camping traders. Named 'pet' war dogs don't get a coffin ever but pastured speedbump-with-teeth war dogs do. Bugger it. :lol: The general(/fishergoblin) escaped.

Edit; I like though that my b-squadron captain of melee militia got his fifth kill on a Goblin named Hellaxe. He used an axe. His title became 'the test of swallowing' so perhaps he forcefed it to his victim.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20128 on: February 28, 2012, 08:04:37 pm »

"This is an adamantine war hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  This object menaces with spikes of light yellow diamond.  On the item is an image of rope reed in adamantine."
Haha, use it for a danger room, the dwarves will get happy thoughts from seeing it and it will barely do any damage to them.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20129 on: February 28, 2012, 08:05:33 pm »

"This is an adamantine war hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  This object menaces with spikes of light yellow diamond.  On the item is an image of rope reed in adamantine."
Haha, use it for a danger room, the dwarves will get happy thoughts from seeing it and it will barely do any damage to them.

Yup. The most epic wiffle bat ever.
Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 3842