Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097107 times)

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19650 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »

"Rabbit Hut the Devourer of Grass" has finally breached its aquifer without losing any of the cuddly ones to ash.
Good thing, without stone 80% of my dwarves were sitting around watching the plump-helmets grow..

Fort will be beautiful, eventually I'll post pics.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:20 pm »

on the rain issue,

the pool my dwarfs washed themselves in was in the haunted part of the map.... derp....

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: February 21, 2012, 11:39:34 pm »

Had two kids migrate to fort.
1 of them grew up the following week and is now training to be a pikedwarf.
THier mother is now a Macesergeant.

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: February 22, 2012, 12:11:20 am »

Forgotten Beast - no problem...  Giant Titan built of Salt - sure we can take him - where do you want the 5629 lbs of 'lower body' salt... Human Hammerman turned fiendish gloom husk... hmm... how many bolts do we have - because the first 20 stacks have only 'dented' him?  You sure we need any more migrants - we might be good in here...

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: February 22, 2012, 12:21:00 am »

Under siege by zombies, if siege is "one to four zombies" and those zombies are stoats, ravens, or snowy owls.  We get the occasional elk corpse, which I just ignore and wait for the herd to pass.  We've had all of one group of normal wildlife, a herd of louse people that unfortunately got slaughtered as we were handling a zombie problem.  Entrance hall is littered with stoat and owl corpses, someone please haul those outside.

Once this season's migrants come in, I'll be starting the magma glass industry so my dodge trap will work and hopefully contain the zombie problem.  If they're stuck in a pit, they're not scaring my reindeer.

The brook on the surface doesn't unfreeze all year, so I'm planning to dig a cistern from the cavern lakes for a hospital well.  It will be a very deep well, dwarves will be happy.

This instant respawn of zombies is balls.  I'd like to kill a zombie and not have to deal with the new ones that just spawned on the map.  Surface littered with corpses and body parts.  Fuck off zombie stoats, you're not killing anyone, you're just making a dwarf drag a reindeer back into the pasture repeatedly.

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: February 22, 2012, 12:25:51 am »

Minor (Major) accident. Now most of my fortress is flooded.  :-[

Though I'm still going. Suprisingly, no goblin invasion. Just kobold and goblin thieves.
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

Die Nacht

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMUNE_TO_SOCIAL_LIFE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19656 on: February 22, 2012, 12:47:49 am »

Well that was boring, not a single invasion. The fortress just got way too easy (except for the challenges I was making myself, like flooding) so I just let it go.
'rtg593' Bemongibruk, forumite cancels megaproject: interrupted by 0.34.01.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #19657 on: February 22, 2012, 01:12:05 am »

Within the first six months of my Kobold Camp, 4 out of my starting 7 are in relationships and two married couples arrived.  I'm not sure whether this is because of kobold's shorter lifespans or the new version.  Either way, I find that hilarious.

Other than that, feasting on delicious Hamster Man flesh!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19658 on: February 22, 2012, 01:16:19 am »

Within the first six months of my Kobold Camp, 4 out of my starting 7 are in relationships and two married couples arrived.  I'm not sure whether this is because of kobold's shorter lifespans or the new version.  Either way, I find that hilarious.

Other than that, feasting on delicious Hamster Man flesh!

I can't help but imagine kobolds with decent life spans if it werent for all the damned battle deaths they suffer.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #19659 on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:46 am »

That certainly doesn't help!  Kobold Camp has them set up to die between 15 and 20 years, I think?  Assuming, of course, that they manage to live that long which is kind of an absurd assumption most of the time.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: February 22, 2012, 01:31:37 am »

And they typically make it what, 4 or 5 before they get killed by something?

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: February 22, 2012, 03:24:30 am »

knew it was coming...  gloom cloud rolling across landscape - goblins appear on map to ambush right in it's path but before the new 'husky' gobbos can get out - the trade caravan appears and a horrible bloodbath ensues (and by bloodbath i mean caravaneer blood) - those husks are nigh invulnerable.
Bodies have disappeared... caravan guard bodies... and angry ghosts are spawning - the downward death spiral begins.  As I've played that out a hundred times I think i'll just gen up a new world and stay out of evil until this husk situation is resolved.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: February 22, 2012, 04:10:45 am »

knew it was coming...  gloom cloud rolling across landscape - goblins appear on map to ambush right in it's path but before the new 'husky' gobbos can get out - the trade caravan appears and a horrible bloodbath ensues (and by bloodbath i mean caravaneer blood) - those husks are nigh invulnerable.
Bodies have disappeared... caravan guard bodies... and angry ghosts are spawning - the downward death spiral begins.  As I've played that out a hundred times I think i'll just gen up a new world and stay out of evil until this husk situation is resolved.
You want Toady to make the husks less Fun!?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:12 am »

You want Toady to make the husks less Fun!?

There's a difference between enjoying a !!FUN!! experiience and not even having time for your dwarves to pick up a rock. And the fact they appear to be necromorphs doesn't help.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: February 22, 2012, 04:34:41 am »

Hey, well, whaddayaknow. My Outpost Liaison Nil Scarink has just arrived as migrant.  Even listed as 'former outpost liaison of the Dike of Libraries.' Cool. Last time I saw her she was, as liaison, in my caverns shooting at things.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 3842