Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096978 times)

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19665 on: February 22, 2012, 04:45:14 am »

I'm trying to starve my bugged duke and ~12 others and their children, so another migrant wave can come which hopefully includes a vampire.

A goblin siege just arrived, of course. How annoying.

Oh and one of my soldiers ignored my orders and fought them next to the volcano. At least I know where the magma sea is? Goodbye masterwork steel and 1/3rd of my army.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:47:20 am by Yaotzin »

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19666 on: February 22, 2012, 04:50:54 am »

Siege time and you only have three soldiers? :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19667 on: February 22, 2012, 04:52:39 am »

why do you want to starve those poor people? draft them into the militairy and give them a bloody death
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19668 on: February 22, 2012, 04:54:53 am »

why do you want to starve those poor people? draft them into the militairy and give them a bloody death

Nah. One with the earth via magma. If it were possible I'd say have a speardorf give them dwarven dentistry with the shaft too.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19669 on: February 22, 2012, 04:55:43 am »

They're swordsmasters with all masterwork steel. The 2 remaining soldiers killed every goblin and troll with 0 wounds.

I was going to but I couldn't find anything to actually fight. The siege only appeared when they were all on the brink of death anyway, so..

OK my Duke is officially dead. Do I get appointed a new one or what?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19670 on: February 22, 2012, 04:57:27 am »

They're swordsmasters with all masterwork steel. The 2 remaining soldiers killed every goblin and troll with 0 wounds.

I was going to but I couldn't find anything to actually fight. The siege only appeared when they were all on the brink of death anyway, so..

OK my Duke is officially dead. Do I get appointed a new one or what?
I think a replacement migrates in.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19671 on: February 22, 2012, 05:03:09 am »

33 adults left, 1 with melancholy for murdering his child. Surprisingly few tantrums. Gogo legendary dining hall!

Guess I should start training some new soldiers. Is it better to pair them up with my 2 heros or have a couple newbies spar with each other for a while in a dark damp space away from danger?

Oh and screw you armored, aluminum greaves what the heck. Use the STEEL MAN.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19672 on: February 22, 2012, 05:09:18 am »

I forgot the upside of a duke on permanent break: he never mandated anything. Bah.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19673 on: February 22, 2012, 05:28:38 am »

One of those friendly traders who's been waiting around at my border finds himself between two Goblin ambushes. Useful that he spotted them, but he gon' die.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19674 on: February 22, 2012, 05:37:00 am »

Note to self : Don't make silver warhammers when you have a hammerer.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19675 on: February 22, 2012, 05:52:48 am »

I have a hammerer who doesn't even carry a hammer (nor has he hammered anyone yet) and I have a legendary weaponsmith with a fondness for warhammers. Therefore, I have multiple masterful silver warhammers. They're useful in case of goblins, but I can easily see them being a bit too much in the hands of a hammerer.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19676 on: February 22, 2012, 06:13:52 am »

A badger conga line of at least ten badgers passed without incident.

Work is underway tapping the river to get a longterm viable water source.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19677 on: February 22, 2012, 06:49:15 am »

Using Legends Viewer to get a better look at my dorfs:

Quote from: me
The last guy is married too, but no wife came with him, perhaps she's dead.  Well, he'll be popular enough since he's a brewer.

I checked out this guy's history.  Geshud Ringwhite was born in the year 74 in the mountain halls known as Canyonbrushed.  In 86, he came of age, became a brewer and got married.  The next year, his wife gave birth to a son.  She didn't stick around the halls much though, she apparently liked to roam the wilds and look for monsters to slay, particularly minotaurs.  Seven years after they married, she ran into a minotaur who was stronger than her, and she got killed.  In 99, his son came of age and got married, apparently becoming a planter.  In 101, the outpost of Crazedhammer was founded, and in the summer, Geshud joined the first migrant wave to travel to that outpost.  I'm picturing him as a bereaved widower who stuck around until his son grew up and got married, then left his old home to start a new life where he wouldn't hve to be reminded of his dearly departed wife.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19678 on: February 22, 2012, 07:21:05 am »

I have a hammerer who doesn't even carry a hammer (nor has he hammered anyone yet) and I have a legendary weaponsmith with a fondness for warhammers. Therefore, I have multiple masterful silver warhammers. They're useful in case of goblins, but I can easily see them being a bit too much in the hands of a hammerer.
They only grab a hammer when he is going to punish somebody.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19679 on: February 22, 2012, 07:21:48 am »

Using Legends Viewer to get a better look at my dorfs:

Quote from: me
The last guy is married too, but no wife came with him, perhaps she's dead.  Well, he'll be popular enough since he's a brewer.

I checked out this guy's history.  Geshud Ringwhite was born in the year 74 in the mountain halls known as Canyonbrushed.  In 86, he came of age, became a brewer and got married.  The next year, his wife gave birth to a son.  She didn't stick around the halls much though, she apparently liked to roam the wilds and look for monsters to slay, particularly minotaurs.  Seven years after they married, she ran into a minotaur who was stronger than her, and she got killed.  In 99, his son came of age and got married, apparently becoming a planter.  In 101, the outpost of Crazedhammer was founded, and in the summer, Geshud joined the first migrant wave to travel to that outpost.  I'm picturing him as a bereaved widower who stuck around until his son grew up and got married, then left his old home to start a new life where he wouldn't hve to be reminded of his dearly departed wife.

There will be plenty of other things to worry about, im sure.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 3842