Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096864 times)

Hatch Cover

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19635 on: February 21, 2012, 08:33:11 pm »

I have a vampire for the first time. Three dwarves dead. I have tried several different methods to find him. Whoever he is, does not have any jewerly. I can't keep profession naming dwarves, I have too many. I am trying to remember if vampires get hungry or thirsty. I know they can not drown. If I can't find it on the forum, I'll look through the raws. I locked everyone in a room and figured it would sort things out. Maybe not a good idea. We shall see.

Portalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19636 on: February 21, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »

So, I have a corpse problem. The first corpse I have keeps coming back to life. How do I deal with it?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19637 on: February 21, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »

Nuke it from orbit with magma?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

daneel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19638 on: February 21, 2012, 08:46:09 pm »

18 pages of this... that kitteh was lucky? Naeh, he seems to have bled to death.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19639 on: February 21, 2012, 08:55:50 pm »

I embarked a short distance away from a dark tower. Apparently, doing that causes many sieges in very rapid succession. I tore apart one siege with 9 soldiers armed with wooden crossbows and wooden bolts just to have another one, three times as large, show up a month later.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19640 on: February 21, 2012, 09:03:43 pm »

I embarked in an haunted area, trying to see how much actually bad it was.
The dwarf expedition was met with dwarf blood raining regularly.

Immediate work was done to secure a place from the surrounding locations, as there were some rather ugly owl corpses flying around, hinting at nothing good at all going to come soon.

Mined stone to start walling, while killing 2 or 3 time each owl corpses that raised again, until they were so destroyed they stayed dead.

Unfortunately, they came way before the construction was achieved.
3 elephant corpses moving together with the obvious destination being the zone the dwarves were working on.

The 7 dwarves equipped the axes they had in stock (i took several in previson of bad things in that haunted zone) and faced the rushing corpses elephant.

Battle occured when the 3 undead monsters reached the camp, +/- 10 seconds later 7 dwarves dead.

Looks like the undead version is as dangerous as the living one is, and getting those that early wasn't really something lucky.

theLumberJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe that rock!
    • View Profile
    • Musings and Photos
« Reply #19641 on: February 21, 2012, 09:07:47 pm »

Everyone went to move all the food and ale I traded for when a gloom mist turned three hammer lords (from the traders), that were fighting a gloom thrall camel.  They then went straight to caravan and all my dwarfs, except the children inside the fort, scattered off and ran into the mist.
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

agambadi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: February 21, 2012, 09:10:01 pm »

A titan made out of vomit punched a landmine which led to him losing his wings, all of his himbs, his antennae and separated his lower and upper body.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: February 21, 2012, 09:28:50 pm »

It started raining human blood. Apparently my dwarves enjoyed the bath.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: February 21, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »

The bath is because dwarves obsessively wash themselves when they're exposed to freakish rain.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19645 on: February 21, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »

The bath is because dwarves obsessively wash themselves when they're exposed to freakish rain.

I noticed that myself.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19646 on: February 21, 2012, 10:02:45 pm »

All my soldiers are giving birth right now. In other news, I've stopped producing shields for the military.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: February 21, 2012, 10:06:45 pm »

Had two pikedwarves, thier 4 dogs, and the dogs' puppies all chasing a giant slug around. How the fuck it out ran them for two weeks I'll never know.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: February 21, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »

Wht red-blooded dorf doesn't enjoy a good bloodbath? >:D

But yeah, they seem determined to wash the blood/muck/ooze/<insert abnormal rain type here> off immediately.
Unfortunately, this tends to lead to a lot of dorfs complaining about "being forced to drink slime", if your only water source is murky pools... (The dorfs wash the contaminants off into the same pool they drink from.)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:53 pm »

I've retired my old 31.25 fort, Fortressdeath.  I put it up on the map archive, and I'm going to save the files for posterity/whatever.

Meanwhile, my 34.02 fort has just entered it's second year. 
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 3842