Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099737 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18885 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:00 pm »

Wizard Tower mod:

The best part? They stole those three animals right from the sorcerer caravan.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18886 on: February 09, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »

He means to drop LIVE goblins from really high up, so your dwarves can watch them splatter on the ground. They need to see violent death to "Not care about much anymore."

Ahh, That's a good idea! Goblins can be lead somewhere without breaking free if they're being sent to a pit, right?

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
  • My wife just died. Oh, damn nice door that one is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18887 on: February 09, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

Currently I am devising a way of using the crapton of power I have from the waterwheels on this river.  I don't know what to use the power for but I like the spinning wheels.
My Steam Account

You just know you're screwed when a dwarf dies of old age.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18888 on: February 09, 2012, 09:25:09 pm »

He means to drop LIVE goblins from really high up, so your dwarves can watch them splatter on the ground. They need to see violent death to "Not care about much anymore."

Ahh, That's a good idea! Goblins can be lead somewhere without breaking free if they're being sent to a pit, right?
Except master thieves, though I've found that having a cage trap or two to re-catch them if they escape allows your dwarves to take them on a second chance. To prevent being scared by goblins, it also helps to have trap doors over the pit entrance. See: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Mass_pitting
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18889 on: February 09, 2012, 09:40:49 pm »

Except master thieves, though I've found that having a cage trap or two to re-catch them if they escape allows your dwarves to take them on a second chance. To prevent being scared by goblins, it also helps to have trap doors over the pit entrance. See: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Mass_pitting

Any thieves will try to escape, actually. Soldiers are honorable and won't try to escape, though.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18890 on: February 09, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »

Any thieves will try to escape, actually. Soldiers are honorable and won't try to escape, though.

You misspelled 'stupid' there, I think.

Started a fort on a new computer in a Terrifying Mountain bounded by a Terrifying forest. I made a run for the mountainside, digging in and hiding all of my stuff before anything bad could happen - but all that was waiting for me was a pack of Dark Gnomes which my one-dwarf army slaughtered if they got too close.

So far, the terror isn't exactly high.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:48:41 pm by Niccolo »
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18891 on: February 09, 2012, 10:49:57 pm »

Everything is either covered in blood or on fire right now.  It's very !!dwarfy!!.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18892 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

This isn't a good time, Strag!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18893 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

Had a vile force of darkness arive, got excited. Yeah, it wasn't any more dangerous than a single ambush, and a single dwarfran off (against orders), flew around a wall, and killed the entire squad of goblins before reinforcements could arrive.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18894 on: February 09, 2012, 11:03:44 pm »

Jacob/Lee

soldiers with badly timed moods are common in my fort, i once had my best soldier, who was in his 1 month off of every 4, get taken by a mood 2 frames before gobbos showed up.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18895 on: February 10, 2012, 01:27:39 am »

Killed off 40-odd dwarves, with deliberate cave-ins (the deaths were accidental), until I figured out a far better way to do what I'm planning.  It will be glorious... Oh yes....

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18896 on: February 10, 2012, 01:46:36 am »

Damnit, having a crash problem. :(
I'm using the fortress defence mod, and have just received three sieges in quick succession, beakwolves, jotun and tigerfolk. These three and dark stranglers are the only invaders I've had at this fort.
Now, the game keeps crashing at exactly the same moment each time, I believe it is another army attacking which causes it. The errorlog said something about 'Crundles' and 'Rutherers', and I realised I'd made a boo-boo when I made them tameable, a couple of wrong tags.
I fixed those, but the crashing persists. Is there an enemy civ which uses such creatures? Is there a way to stop them from sieging? Any way to fix this at all? :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18897 on: February 10, 2012, 05:21:18 am »

Tantrum spiral.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Turns out that the death of Urist McBieber throws even the most jaded dwarf into a fit of rage.
Four dwarves have been separated from the rest of the fortress to become "survivors".
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18898 on: February 10, 2012, 05:36:48 am »

Tantrum spiral.

Turns out that the death of Urist McBieber throws even the most jaded dwarf into a fit of rage.
Four dwarves have been separated from the rest of the fortress to become "survivors".

What a horrific sight - Those poor dwarves are being made to live on the surface like common elves! 

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18899 on: February 10, 2012, 05:40:26 am »

Had a new migrant wave come in, of note was a High Master Weaponsmith (!), and a Talented Armorsmith.  Shortly after, the Talented Armorsmith got struck by a strange mood and produced some artifact copper pants, and is now.. a Legendary Armorsmith (!!) :D
Pages: 1 ... 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 ... 3842