Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100821 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18345 on: January 16, 2012, 05:15:05 pm »

The skink fiend had a very biref, unproductive chat with our mayor. Just a greeting and farewell, without showing me anything in between.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: January 16, 2012, 05:45:21 pm »

The children of Strong Towers have been sent to live in the caverns four have been injured by cavern beasts, two were eaten by cavern beasts, one drowned another only to have fragments of his own shattered bones pierce his lungs suffocating him, three are in the hospital throwing nonstop sleep tantrums and one has been abandoned for killing a child who tried to murder him. It's been three months.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: January 16, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »

Id Shemuker made an artifact toy hamer called, Id Shemuker.... I don't know, he sounds a bit arrogant

I had a dwarf called Meng Oarsounded make an artifact adamantine chain leggings called Meng Oarsounded in an older fort.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: January 16, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »

If draining the volcano of sea water was annoying, clearing out the random obsidian walls is even worse. I keep losing track of where things are connected and have experienced several cave-ins already. Nobody has died yet, but someone broke their arms and legs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18349 on: January 16, 2012, 07:19:12 pm »

I'm... Not quite sure what just happened. So my reclaimed fort, Earthspirals has been slowly spiralling into madness, people getting ate by giant spiders, dying of thirst and all, and basically my militia commander is the only one staying strong.
So anyway, a stonecrafter named Onul Helmedequaled enters a fell mood. Laughing maniacally at the death around him, he makes his way to a butcher's workshop, viciously murdering... Two ghosts along the way? :o He also harvested the annoying potter who's been tantruming constantly, but the main thing is: How did he just kill two ghosts? What will he make out of them? Spikes of ectoplasm? Anyhow, this is pretty cool. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18350 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:30 pm »

Hmm... I wonder if we can get Ghostly Ghostly dwarves.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: January 16, 2012, 07:46:46 pm »

I'm... Not quite sure what just happened. So my reclaimed fort, Earthspirals has been slowly spiralling into madness, people getting ate by giant spiders, dying of thirst and all, and basically my militia commander is the only one staying strong.
So anyway, a stonecrafter named Onul Helmedequaled enters a fell mood. Laughing maniacally at the death around him, he makes his way to a butcher's workshop, viciously murdering... Two ghosts along the way? :o He also harvested the annoying potter who's been tantruming constantly, but the main thing is: How did he just kill two ghosts? What will he make out of them? Spikes of ectoplasm? Anyhow, this is pretty cool. :P
When a dwarf murders a ghost he doesn't get the precious dwarf parts he wants so he goes out and kills someone else. that's why he didn't get to work after killing two ghosts, he had to kill a live one. It's been hypothesized that with the proper use of burrows you could make a fell dwarf rid your fortress of ghostly intruders.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: January 17, 2012, 12:27:15 am »

My baroness has been wearing the exact same clothing, day in, day out, for nearly 4 years straight. All of it is either threadbare or showing heavy wear, and I expect that shortly, it will start literally rotting off of her body.

My baroness doesn't seem to mind this in the least.

My baroness also shares her bedchamber and dining hall with her serious, long-term boyfriend, who just happens to be the mayor and the person who nominated her to become the baroness in the first place.

My baroness is deeply traumatized by a lesser's pretentious dining arrangements.

In other news, the end of Year 4 and still not even a hint of a military!
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Kazimir86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18353 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:49 am »

Just started a new fort as I ended up killing another one off, and it has NO candy at all. Used DFHack prospect to see if I finally had Iron (last 4 forts were iron-less) and there was no candy listed. So I used reveal to poke around, and sure as hell, there's absolutely no candy on my 3x3 embark. So no circus for this fort I suppose, so I'll have to find a new way to kill this fort off spectacularly. Probably with magma, and preferably with a stockpile full of caged elves in the middle of it somewhere.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18354 on: January 17, 2012, 05:00:36 am »

my mayor is actually a dwarf who has his priorities straight! He's been mandating the construction of serrated discs for the last three mandates(and a ban on serrated discs as well, but oh well), so I'm actually gonna keep him around; he give me an excuse for glass industry, and he like silver as well, which I have by the bucketloads(galena and tetrahedrite are my most common metals)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #18355 on: January 17, 2012, 05:40:17 am »

Just started a new fort as I ended up killing another one off, and it has NO candy at all. Used DFHack prospect to see if I finally had Iron (last 4 forts were iron-less) and there was no candy listed. So I used reveal to poke around, and sure as hell, there's absolutely no candy on my 3x3 embark. So no circus for this fort I suppose, so I'll have to find a new way to kill this fort off spectacularly. Probably with magma, and preferably with a stockpile full of caged elves in the middle of it somewhere.

sorry for what is about to come out of my writing...

"DIG AN HIGH-WAY TO HELL. HIGHWAY TO HELL!"

no easy road to hell with the candy bar. Turn the magma into stone and dig through it!.
or die trying when pressure get's the best.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18356 on: January 17, 2012, 07:45:06 am »

reveal from df hack doesn't reveal the candy, though it's possible to spot it by looking around the bottom few layers, but this involves actually moving the viewpoint, since the minimap doesn't show it either
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18357 on: January 17, 2012, 11:34:28 am »

elephant meat roast. Estimated value, 11000 urists

captured a dragon, male. Now a female and I can start breeding them, maybe. He's sitting at the entrance scaring the diplomats. I could add some war dogs and other creatures...

Note to self, do not let dwarfs stand in the way of dragon fire breathing at goblin siegers. Find place for automatic firedragon fire
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:27:52 pm by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Viscen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: January 17, 2012, 03:18:34 pm »

Hanging out in Temporal Limbo while I plan out my new fort before the first unpause.
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: January 17, 2012, 03:40:29 pm »

I have 2 forts I switch between depending on how I'm feeling,

Just started a new fort in the most savage and evil part of my world,
I decided my dwarves got tired of the dorf life and want to be human, so the embarked to establish the first above ground dwarven establishment in their world, have the wall up and am planning out the town.
population - 7
Spring, year 1

In my other fort, there was a mishap involving a glass magma floodgate not being as magma safe as the wiki had claimed,(could be due to the stone mechanisms maybe?) with some crafty designations I was able to save the fort from certain firey death, killed a forgotten beast, redesigning the great hall to be pure marble. and other boring things, like building 10 layer catacombs and making dorf housing.  Just got a giant war jaguar though, thats kinda cool I guess.
population - 80-ish
Fall, year 4
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.
Pages: 1 ... 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 ... 3842