Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095105 times)

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #16170 on: September 12, 2011, 07:11:19 am »

Suh-weeet.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Richard Nixon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16171 on: September 12, 2011, 07:23:52 am »

i attacked the first dwarven trade caravan when it came, now I have twenty immigrants attempting to murder my four surviving dwarves

whelp
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:49:37 am by Richard Nixon »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16172 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:48 am »

When your miner dies, they will all kill each other too. Do not ever attack a dwarven caraven. Ever. Look up loyalty cascade on the wiki.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16173 on: September 12, 2011, 07:37:57 am »

When your miner dies, they will all kill each other too. Do not ever attack a dwarven caraven. Ever. Look up loyalty cascade on the wiki.

I made that mistake, the combat reports were numerous, and confusing.  A lot of recruits died, so I actually thought the liason or trader or whatever was uber-strong.  I had no idea my dorfs were destroying each other. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iren

• Bay Watcher
  • I BREW THE BEER I DRINK
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #16174 on: September 12, 2011, 08:14:15 am »

I was just in on a new fortress, second year and 50 dwarf population. I had just discovered some magma tubes so I was setting a magma forge industry area.

Then, goblin siege. Damn, I wasnt able to even forge some decent weapons and these bastards are already bugging me.

My only marksmen unit got easily slaughtered, but a human caravan just appeared and gave me a hand killing all goblins around. Still, my population was decimated on a 60%, so everyone was throwing tantrums, toppling worksops and murdering eachother (even a dwarf child got bersek and was executed by the humans).

But the best part comes when the mayor goes bonkers, claims a butchery and creates this artifact:

If I manage to get the fortress on its feet I'm making a hell of a throne room. :D
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16175 on: September 12, 2011, 08:45:51 am »

If I manage to get the fortress on its feet I'm making a hell of a throne room. :D
Make this statement more literal, and I'll worship you as a minor deity.  :D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16176 on: September 12, 2011, 09:23:07 am »

Tower Divine enters it's 11th year without a lot going on.  A few goblin ambush units appeared - and were pulped. 

A mountain titan appeared in the form of a sauropod.  First one of those I've seen. So I gathered the full military while it came down the tunnel.  When it stopped to attack a hatch in the grinder complex I spiked it a few times -- and it died.  Bronze spike in the lung, and then the head.  The militia were sent home and the corpse brought in for butchering.  The fort has been living off caught fish and FB/titan meat for about a year now.

So construction proceeds on the Black Tower.  This has been slowed by a necessary pump room getting flooded by accident and sidelining the obsidian caster.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16177 on: September 12, 2011, 12:04:03 pm »

On the first dawn of the 15th year since scourgedgranite has been established i discoverd that the Forgoten beast illness that killed five last season is indeed contagious though i have to figure out how it is transmitted, no vomit blood or puss. I think it could be transmitted through the frozen dust extract which is now in the cleaning pool at the entrance to my fort. Suffice to that a lot of dwarves are going to suffer paraylisis followed by rotting  stomach (rotgut) followed by heavy bruising of areas affected by FB extract their body, then suffocation. The only regret i have is that they die of paralysis induced suffocation before i could see the final symptoms... I'm half convinced the bruising become necrosis given enough time.

We shall see if this is to be the end of Mighty Bubnuslolok.

*edit* The paralysis doesn't seem to universal. the rare lucky dwarf suffer rotgut and bruising but no paralyis. I'm lad since the first dwarf i realised was sick but still functioning is the legendary Weapon & armour smith i train from dabbling and was one of the 7 founders.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:13:36 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: September 12, 2011, 12:10:15 pm »

(edit) Hmm is some case the paralyis doesn't take hold. Perhaps it's not a fatal as i first thought?

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: September 12, 2011, 12:19:00 pm »

My stuff isn't as interesting, I was building a  bridge with a pit in front of it, so that when enemies walk on it I can open the draw bridge and fling them into a wall and into the pit. A miner fell down the pit and instantly died.

Another miner got himself trapped down in the hole, so I had to make him dig himself out. Sadly though, I found the aquifier while digging, assuming it was an above ground pool. (It wasn't even deep! Like level 3 or so.) He got trapped because back in the pit, the water instantly froze because of the lack of roof. He was trapped and the water was rising. He had to think fast!

He suddenly done something miraculous; HE STOOD STILL AND DROWNED. The end.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

SomCr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: September 12, 2011, 12:30:33 pm »

Slightly after my fortress earned it's millionth unit of money it died. For the past few years more and more dwarves had been slowly dying to the coating of poison in the courtyard. The poison was brought by the forgotten beast Sarek Bisekshadmel. No one seemed to be willing to clean it up; yet they kept walking through it and getting foot rot, which quickly progressed to death.

The victims were brought to the hospital where they slowly died. Unfortunately it took me far too long to notice the poison on the beds and more were killed. Eventually I figure out how to make them clean the hospital, but by then it was to late.My number of dead dwarves had exceeded the current fortress population of 97. I couldn't build coffins fast enough to keep up with the number dying due to having only non-skilled masons. Because of all of this I was not prepared for a huge goblin siege.

I commanded someone to pull the lever to raise the drawbridge, no one good enough to break the siege was left alive. Unfortunately they were too slow. A squad of trolls had gotten into the fortress and slaughtered 53 dwarves before they were taken down by the random militia of wrestlers formed on the spot.

Brought down to 44 dwarves left my last skilled military dwarf went berserk. He was one of the only dwarves in full steel gear; a Legendary Axedwarf, Shield User, Armor User, Fighter, Dodger and Wrestler. Almost instantly 10 more fell. There was nothing I could do. On one side was the berserking Axe Lord, on the other the goblin siege.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16181 on: September 12, 2011, 12:34:44 pm »

"Urist McStupid has died of thirst."   Well, he'd been idling next to the booze stockpile and hadn't become sick of any types yet, so I don't know what's up there.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Undercroft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: September 12, 2011, 12:39:20 pm »

Tantrum spiral resulting in lots of dead dwarves with main gate open and goblins pouring in. I learnt the hard way not to assign war animals to the military. Urist McLegendaryAxeDorf got a tad bit pissed off when his dogs kept dying. He killed 3/4 of the fort by himself before a lucky crossbow bolt was introduced to his face.

Next time i'm building extra safety measures to be able to quaratine various parts of the fort from eachother. That and i'll be replacing war animals with useless migrants as cannon fodder.

Also, first post wheee :D

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16183 on: September 12, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »

BEHOLD MY FINEST CREATION, USING PERFECT WORLD, BEHOLD ROMUDON!
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: September 12, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »

I'll only be impressed if Australia is populated exclusively with badgers, horses, capybaras, and other killing machines. Oh, and it should really be an evil island, too.  ;D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 3842