Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125985 times)

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14655 on: July 18, 2011, 03:26:36 pm »

Started a new fort, QUAKEWINDS!!!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: July 18, 2011, 03:29:10 pm »

found an island just sitting in an underground sea, the 3rd cavern layer. Just an island, in the middle of the sea. next to it was an adamantine spire. in the middle is a magma pipe. needless to say, all my efforts are being put into making it into a little dorf town, and outpost for my military in the eventuality that i visit the circus

tmrt

• Bay Watcher
  • Black-Clad Voyeur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: July 18, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »

An immigrant with high social skills became a new mayor. To celebrate her rise to power she demanded a slade throne in her dining room. And to congratulate my new noble I equipped her with feather wood training spear and send her to hunt rhinos. Hip-hip hooray!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: July 18, 2011, 10:29:20 pm »

Finished my indoor pool, completely built with microcline. It even has a deep end and shallow end. It is filled via hand-pump connected to a river. If by chance that river is ever poisoned or filled with salt, my fort will still have clean water.

That's in time for my tigerman too. He's pretty useless of course, but I freed him from the elves so that's ok. Because of him I've had motivation to kill some of my cats for food (they do only eat meat, right?). Suprisingly my cat supply has stopped increasing, even with 28 being pets and uncaged. I'm not sure what to make of this, and I might have to start breeding dogs for food. Speaking of which, I had a war dog die of old age.

A couple more years and my first dwarf-children will be adults too, and I can start training super-dwarves. This is not worth doing with migrants IMHO, but children you can train from teenage years onward.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: July 19, 2011, 01:09:47 am »

I am preparing to dig down to magma in order to fuel my smelters, as i seem to have run out of coke producing stone.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: July 19, 2011, 01:15:24 am »

Latest News from Bronzemachines: An U.R.I.S.T. has been chosen and placed in his new home.

Basically, just made a good sized bedroom, a food storage room, and a lever room then made a burrow to put a dwarf child in. He's even got a trio of black bear cubs to keep him company. I plan to seal the U.R.I.S.T. in once I'm done hooking up all my floodgates and bridges to the levers.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: July 19, 2011, 01:25:36 am »

U.R.I.S.T., dwarven AI at its finest. Only falls asleep during the most critical lever pulling moment of a siege!

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: July 19, 2011, 01:40:59 am »

I finally hit magma, and I'm going to put in a waterfall while my peasants smelt the mountains of hematite I have lying around. I theoretically have flux, but I could build an iron room for each tree I have, so magma is vital. :(

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:23 am »

I abandoned my old fort, deleted the world, and started a new one.  This one has some pretty cool history.  The civ I chose was conquered by humans centuries ago, and has had a human monarch for most of it's existence.  I'm setting out to have the dwarves take back their empire.

My expedition team consists of four metalworkers, two miners, and a soldier.  Anyone not involved in metal, mining, jewelry, or defense will be treated as a lower class citizen. 

Most interesting of all, I seem to be getting deadly rain.  I didn't think that could happen anymore.  I'm totally okay with it, though.   8)
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: July 19, 2011, 08:37:08 am »

Apparently, one of the very first queens  of my dwarven civilization was "[name]" The Freak Wife of the Night." I'm not sure if that's a legendary-person name or if that means my dwarf civ was ruled by a night creature at one point. At any rate, the royal line appears to be currently extinct, so I'm making my "king rooms" furniture entirely out of clear glass, for a sort of empty-throne effect.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: July 19, 2011, 10:19:21 am »

I'm not sure if that's a legendary-person name or if that means my dwarf civ was ruled by a night creature at one point.

I think it means that she became a night creature at some point during her reign.  She probably ceased to be queen after she was converted.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Elisebambi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: July 19, 2011, 12:29:22 pm »

I'm sitting here all :| face at my lack of management skills with the meat industry.  I failed to notice the food-stocks were full so six gazelle parts rotted in the butchers' shop.   Wouldn't be such a pain if I didn't have to de-dump everything, and make a new dump zone in a miasma safe storage area. B:

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: July 19, 2011, 01:25:52 pm »

I seem to have woken up this morning magically able to use the military screens.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: July 19, 2011, 01:44:56 pm »

Just started a new fort and got my first artifact. A billon spear. Have no idea how good it is though
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: July 19, 2011, 02:12:45 pm »

So I had forgotten the sheer number of "Criminals" I had and assigned a captain of the guard, luckily he only killed 3-4 people, but already I have dwarves going insane, is there some level of friendship that makes them more or less instantly go melancholy?
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 3842