Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125751 times)

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14625 on: July 16, 2011, 09:28:15 pm »

Dining hall in the volcano is nearly done... Now to let the magma come back up, and hope nothing melts!

...Something will probably melt.

A small update:
Forgot I was flooding the volcano back to normal level when I got a siege. Everyone runs into the dining hall for cover, and... the hatch is stuck open by an +alpaca wool cap+.

169 of them burned to death, 3 died to the goblins, and my one remaining axedwarf ravaged the siege singlehandedly. Despite committing excellent acts of bravery such as slapping a goblin so hard with an axe that he flew several tiles into the volcano, and biting a giant olm in two, she went insane quickly afterward from the death of everyone she knew and loved.

...Serves 'em right.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

D3895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14626 on: July 16, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »

Mine's being attacked by small goblin hordes and ghosts.
Ghosts and Goblins, if I must say.

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14627 on: July 17, 2011, 12:17:55 am »

VICTORY! The four pages of Goblin invaders just packed up their toys and went home. They were out there for months and disrupted immigrants and caravans and I don't care because I know they'll have to march home, hungry and supremely disappointed. Operation "Pull the Lever and Block The Entrance" has proven effective.

EDIT:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Of course they would attack the instant we stepped foot out of the fortress for the first time in half a year. At least random militia with salvaged weapons are owning the small number of enemies.

EDIT AGAIN: The commander of the militia owned well over half of the ambushers himself with his steel axe. We otherwise lost four or five soldiers and the rest of the military didn't really do much. Only the commander cut through those guys like butter. The captain of the guard, who had beaten one commander to death for a mandate BS punishment and left another to die of thirst in the jails? Got shot a few times and is now in the hospital nursing his broken arm. Pathetic.

At least everyone did in fact have weapons, even the ones designated Wrestlers as their profession.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:16:16 pm by HunterBlackLuna »

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14628 on: July 17, 2011, 02:36:55 am »

Finally murdered the catsplosion that killed my FPS, and my fortress was back up to decent FPS. THEN:
The Forgotten Beast Sikel has come! A gigantic humanoid composed of flame. It has a twisting, jointed trunk and it appears to be emaciated.
Sikel promptly set fire to the entire second cavern layer and killed my FPS again.
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14629 on: July 17, 2011, 04:03:55 am »

You can't bring animals to the trade depot right now, it's bugged.

Tame 'im.
does the dungeon master show up? i thought that was.. bugged..

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14630 on: July 17, 2011, 04:06:52 am »

He's bugged, yes. Just needs to edit the raws for the Dragon and replace [PET_EXOTIC] to just [PET], I believe.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

AiresPenlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: July 17, 2011, 04:19:20 am »

I've just aquired an artifact silver spear. I'm going to give it to the Militia Captain of the squad named "The Blunt Lances".

This militia captain, equiped with this artifact spear and a mere "adequate" spear skill, is currently holding off 50 goblins, and six trolls. Among the Goblins is a General. The Goblins are being held back, and the Dwarf has suffered a bruised eyelid  :o

EDIT:
He's broken the seige, by himself! He slew thier General - who was named on the Civilisation screen - and the rest fled.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:24:26 am by AiresPenlaw »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14632 on: July 17, 2011, 06:55:28 am »

Asob Saziredim, ex-mayor has just died of thirst. *evil grin*
Thankfully for a mayor he was a loner.
His replacement mandated some chains to prevent my freeing of Reg Kezatkivish who just barely survived a beating and is now up and about again.
Elves left, destroyed a Rutherer and Draltha infestation and wiped out three goblin snatchers. The recruits of the new squad got their first kills, though one lost an arm to a reacher. :/ Comptetent Swordsdwarf who is wielding a exceptional steel sword and a exceptional steel buckler in the SAME ARM.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14633 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:30 am »

Always sucks when this happens. Btw, this is why I suggest all rivers and lakes (ALL) have at least one ramp out of them. If they don't, they are simply traps for stupid dwarves.

Ah, see, but while I was draining the river for recovery of items, I realised that my escape stairway was, in fact, a back door into my fort, and so I floored the top over. Maybe I should have just left those pumps running.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14634 on: July 17, 2011, 08:49:55 am »

Pothel Onurkarunulhauhik, Pump Operator has died from thirst.
The Glazer Ulharunsi Erirkevexdurgit has organized a party at green glass Statue.

Well I guess that Pothel won't be missed then.

EDIT: He died right next to the statue too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: July 17, 2011, 01:44:47 pm »

I hadnt set burrows to define safe area yet. Then the only child in my fortress walked outside.  - Yusss!
I quickly closed the gates wishing him starve or die to thirst but no. even better, a kidnapper took him

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14636 on: July 17, 2011, 06:58:47 pm »

I decided a bit too late to cage all my extra cats and kittens. 26 caged.

However, I have two (yes, only two) cat lovers. Sibrek has 13. Minkot has 15. They need to marry each other. They also need to have a room full of cat's, all to themselves.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14637 on: July 17, 2011, 08:20:19 pm »

Here I was, all ready to slaughter some elven merchants.  (You see, I have no goblins in this world, and I want some bloodshed.  Not that I need an excuse.)  But then I took a look at the stuff they've brought me:  A Giant Jaguar, a Giant Cheetah, an Elephant, a Giraffe, and a Giant Badger.

Guess I'll have to slaughter the humans...
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14638 on: July 17, 2011, 08:25:27 pm »

Dikefaith's booze supply is dwindling at an average of 15 drinks. I have 'Create rock pot' and 'Brew Drink' on repeat, but my farmer is only using one or two plants at a time.

Waiting for the humans to bring leather, cloth, various things of bronze, and oh-so precious--and fairly important--wood. Hoping for more booze, too, as every time I make a pot and some more drinks, they are IMMEDIATELY consumed.

Need leather not able to be produced to make goods and clothing out of exotic (?) materials. I have cloth-producing pigtails from embark and rope reed seeds from the elves last month. I can't spin thread from them, for some reason. Asking for other types of wood (I only have saguaro cacti) to make furniture out of "exotic" wood.

Need booze 'cause I'm not making enough of my own.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14639 on: July 17, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »

Gildautumn just elected its first native-born mayor.  No immigrants for a while due to population cap, except for the Queen and her 4 bodyguards. The Queen herself is training to be an axedwarf.

The old codgers are losing their grip on political power and will now spend their breaks muttering about how things were so much better back in the day...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:52:24 am by lazygun »
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 3842