Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124057 times)

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12945 on: April 28, 2011, 03:32:30 am »

Aaaand... Swallowedgilt had one of the most pathetic deaths I've ever witnessed.  Winter came in year 6, I SOMEHOW ran out of booze despite 3 stills running full steam and I didn't even have 100 dwarves.  Not only did I run out of booze but my dwarves began to die one by one of thirst until a tantrum spiral happened. Who went berserk first?  My legendary brewer.  What did he do?  He broke all my stills.  What did he do after that?  Strangle a child.  What did he do after that?  Strangled a cat.  What did he do after that?  Punch a tantruming military guy in iron with an iron spear.

It all went down from there.  Well this sucks.  I wish I would have lost my fortress in a more... exciting way.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Tessien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12946 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:05 am »

I am now in love with fortress defence mod, I have a group of 30 legendary military dwarves, who are just covered in scars. They've all seen so many of their comrades fall in battle that nothing else matters to them but slaughter. They are armored in adamantine, and 10 of them have christened their weapons. They have thrown back sieges of 100s of goblins elephants and other beasties, and returned drenched in the blood of the fallen, it is glorious, it is Dwarf Fortress.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12947 on: April 28, 2011, 05:45:13 am »

Aaaand... Swallowedgilt had one of the most pathetic deaths I've ever witnessed.  Winter came in year 6, I SOMEHOW ran out of booze despite 3 stills running full steam and I didn't even have 100 dwarves.  Not only did I run out of booze but my dwarves began to die one by one of thirst until a tantrum spiral happened. Who went berserk first?  My legendary brewer.  What did he do?  He broke all my stills.  What did he do after that?  Strangle a child.  What did he do after that?  Strangled a cat.  What did he do after that?  Punch a tantruming military guy in iron with an iron spear.

It all went down from there.  Well this sucks.  I wish I would have lost my fortress in a more... exciting way.

you had 3 stills and only one brewer, right?
it's the only thing i can think of. i have 2 stills and 134 and growing dwarf, and nobody is complaining for lack of ale. so...it can't be a stockpile being full issue, because dwarfs will drink directly from the still if necessary XD

in my fort...were digging underneath a brook. if a cavein comes in, it's drowning time.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: April 28, 2011, 06:16:31 am »

I forgot to set the civilian alert during an ambush by two enemy civs. I didn't notice till the gobbos took down the elven caravan, prompting 50 haulers to surge from the depths of the earth like a great, smelly geyser. One of my three militiadwarfs was still asleep (the commander no less), another had contracted a severe case of arrowed lung, and the last one got locked outside when I decided to cut my losses and lock up the fort.

Cue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttzbvvwJsf8

This crazy f*** stood outside the gates and slaughtered around 25 dudes from 6 ambush parties, not taking a single scratch.

Then I lost all my progress from that year because a brownout rebooted my compy.

Number7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: April 28, 2011, 06:18:21 am »

currently scooping up corpses from the front of the fort, Notably includes 1/3 of my military, 13-14 goblins, a hydra, a giant and 10 civilian dwarves. Fun was had.

Gonna set up a better system for defense, just worked out how burrows and civilian alerts worked. Also want to dig for magma and adamantium

Yes. Fun WILL be had. Regardless of whether my dwarves want it or not!

(im sad for the military though, one was one of the original 7. The entire squad had a "Grand Masoleum" each, Filled with marble statues and engravings and the like. I look after my military boys. Militia captains also get noble style quarters, with dining rooms and an office. I dote on my military, just because ^_^ )

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12950 on: April 28, 2011, 08:48:48 am »

The volcano fortress fell  :(. I might reclaim it later. I still have to reclaim... what was it called, Brotherpaint? I left a goblin in a cage locked underground there and I wanna see if he's still there.

Anyway, my new fortress suffered one of those weird mini cave-ins where something collapses even though you were only channelling. My miner is injured, but it'll be okay, I made the butcher into the chief medical dwarf and I think the poor idiot might actually recover.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12951 on: April 28, 2011, 10:54:19 am »

Oh gods I am screwed.
I'm playing an unmodded game of Dwarf Fortress, with the exception of the Matrix tileset. Elves come, I seize some food, wine and their good animals (a jaguar and a cougar). That was before I realized who the trader was.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12952 on: April 28, 2011, 11:08:36 am »

Oh gods I am screwed.
I'm playing an unmodded game of Dwarf Fortress, with the exception of the Matrix tileset. Elves come, I seize some food, wine and their good animals (a jaguar and a cougar). That was before I realized who the trader was.

Wave goodbye to your fortress. And possibly your civilization, too.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12953 on: April 28, 2011, 11:44:52 am »

While scrolling through the unit list, I noticed that one of my gem cutters was unconscious. I zoomed in on him to find him in the dormitory with a mangled foot caused by a run-in with a testy yak.

With invasions off, I hadn't bothered paying any attention to my medical facilities. I hastily ordered up a traction bench and some wooden splints and crutches, appointed a C.M.D. and designated a hospital zone. Within a few weeks, he was sutured up and bathed. A few more weeks and the bones have been set and splinted. I found a discarded crutch in the dining hall, so I'm assuming he's fully recovered.

Yay functioning medical system!
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12954 on: April 28, 2011, 11:49:23 am »

Oh gods I am screwed.

Wave goodbye to your fortress. And your species, too.
Fixed.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12955 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:11 pm »

Oh gods I am screwed.

Wave goodbye to your fortress. And your species, too.
Fixed.
Cacame being the awesome elf-hater that he is would probably shrug it off. You're still ripping off elves after all.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Scheming Koala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12956 on: April 28, 2011, 02:47:15 pm »

Just had a werid statue made it says:

This is a platinum statue of the Ishan Romanceddanced the Embraced Dawn of Spring
The Item is an Image of Ishan Romancedanced the Embraced Dawn of Spring, the
deity of pregnancy, Depicted as a male dwarf and dwarves in platinum by
Asmel Zonanam. The dwarfs are prostrating them self before Ishan Romanceddanced the Embraced Dawn of Spring.

A deity of pregnancy is depicted as a male dwarf

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: April 28, 2011, 02:48:43 pm »

A deity of pregnancy is depicted as a male dwarf
Who else makes them pregnant?

*idea*

Oh my god. Toady, can we get cross-breeding?? please?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Scheming Koala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12958 on: April 28, 2011, 03:27:03 pm »

Well yeah now that I think about it that could be a reason why it could be a male deity and not a female one, but I still can't get the Image of a pregnant male dwarf out of my skull now

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12959 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:38 pm »

Raccoons invade Bridgegate!
But my nobles eat their way to the center of the problem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nooo, a goblin thief cut a horse's spine while my military was dealing with the raccoons. He managed to run away before my dwarves could catch up.
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 3842