Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110292 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9735 on: January 14, 2011, 02:05:43 am »

Created a new fort in defense mod, first run through defense mod. So far I've had 3 sieges, and it's only mid autumn one year in. However, so far I haven't had much problem dispatching tigermen and the like. Hoping to get the fort overrun, and experience true fun. Really didn't want this fort to go above 100, but so far I've got 50 with little to stop me. :( Hoping for more fun soon.

I had sth similar - then at 85 population 4 combined sieges - a lot of fun. Reclaim failed due low FPS.

Way to go mass murdering Woodcutter Vs. Incurably insane miner   

This is so wrong it's just right.

More progress on the megaproject. The dragon has her blue claws! No, not microcline. Also finished a few levels of inner floors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I originally planned it to be maybe half of it's current size, but in a true dwarven fashion things got out of hand.

What about making claws made of ramps - there will look sharper.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:07:14 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: January 14, 2011, 04:47:14 am »

My dwarves are slaughtering elephants by the hundreds. I wish they were as hardcore as the used to be.
I dunno, one war elephant suffering only a broken trunk (bruises healed) while fighting three ogres long enough to kill one and severely wound the other two, holding them off long enough for my militia to arrive is pretty hardcore to me. :D
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: January 14, 2011, 08:46:24 am »

My dwarves are slaughtering elephants by the hundreds. I wish they were as hardcore as the used to be.
I dunno, one war elephant suffering only a broken trunk (bruises healed) while fighting three ogres long enough to kill one and severely wound the other two, holding them off long enough for my militia to arrive is pretty hardcore to me. :D
ogres are not very good fighter cause they are naked. On the other hand, most bolts can easily penetrate skin and at least cause bleeding.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: January 14, 2011, 09:19:33 am »

Hmm, true. Still.

Also, Elves just came back and after much effort selecting everything to trade they decided to leave. So I slaughtered them. Assholes. First they keep demanding more and more of my stuff and then they leave when I offer them a good 1500 profit. Unfortunately I think I can't uncage the two chimpanzees and the elephant cow they brought with them. At least, I read about a bug like that.

With a bit of luck my war elephant bull can still impregnate it, though, and hopefully the calves will be born free.

Edit; huh. It did work. I successfully conquered an Elephant, freeing it from Elven tyranny! :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:38:04 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: January 14, 2011, 09:55:12 am »

Part 50 of my LP is up.

Goblins in my world seem to have some grudge against ambushes becuase they've never sent one. I don't get why, it feels like I'm long overdue for one. Instead, they just sent tons of snatchers instead. I was beginning to worry that I screwed something up somehow and the goblins wouldn't attack.

I guess the siege proves me wrong in that regard. Given that I have completley neglected the metal industry, I'm sure I'll do just fine.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: January 14, 2011, 11:51:56 am »

I just embarked on a fortress named "Lashlove".
I'm not quite sure what to expect.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: January 14, 2011, 12:19:30 pm »

First migration included a family. D'awwh.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: January 14, 2011, 12:20:59 pm »

darn
i'm still not in. bummer  :(

Moat filled yet?  ;D
(Oh fuck. Beak dogs? Weren't prepared for that, were you?  :-\)
((They can fly right?))

First migration included a family. D'awwh.
OMG same thing here. I just reembarked on a walled-off fort. Niice...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:20 pm »

one of dorfs has constructed an adamantium bed artifact worth 732600
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: January 14, 2011, 12:30:56 pm »

Everyone is friends with friggin' everyone, I don't how that happened, but one thing I'm certain will happen is that I better improve my defense system. For each death, 10 dwarfs or so are upset. And there are 127 dwarfs.
One highlight though: a mother with her baby stumbled upon an ambush. She got pursued by the green-skinned warriors who were faster than she was. Mere frames before they caught up with her... bam! A goblin thief appears right in front of her, snatches her baby, and runs away with it. The mother didn't make it. But I'm somewhat happy the baby lived and will probably forget the whole incident, though. Fortunately (!), her husband was already dead, and there's just an orphan left in their family. S/he doesn't seem too miserable.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: January 14, 2011, 01:43:39 pm »

*raises a stone mug*
Here's to my first fortress to hit 100 dwarves!
We shall kick off this year with a party, the training of the fortresses first War Jaguar, and a reworking of the militia to make them more powerful.
I've gone this far and yet there hasn't been any Fun. The game must be planning something big because I embarked in a sinister landscape and the worst thing to come to my fortress (besides the elves) were some baby snatchers. Who were all dismembered.

Edit: Well it seems one of my metalsmith's would like to kick off this milestone by going insane. He's trying to create an artifact, yet we have no silk. I hope he enjoys his insanity because the only cavern we've found has a giant lake in it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:18:52 pm by Horizon9 »
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: January 14, 2011, 01:49:25 pm »

The latest siege brought a Skunk Devil Administrator, which the three of the five squads of invaders spent some twenty minutes chasing it around.  I suspect this siege may be the downfall of Taperedmansions!  Fun!

Edit: Oh, how sad, between killing the demon who was leading them and losing half a squad to my traps, most of the siege retreated.

Edit again: And there's a caravan's marksdwarf who for the last ten minutes has been bashing this horse's head with a copper crossbow and the head is STILL in the yellow...  Also, the dwarven caravan decided to run straight into the remaining goblin squads, and they all got slaughtered except for two merchants and the one marksdwarf.  Now I have all this crap lying around...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:29:54 pm by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: January 14, 2011, 02:50:01 pm »

Currently working on a kiloproject (it's like a megaproject, but smaller!) to replace the walls of my food stockpile with constructed ice walls. Well-chilled booze is so much tastier, don't you agree?

Well, right now I'm just in the planning phase. I can't do the actual work until the river freezes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:53:58 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: January 14, 2011, 03:17:03 pm »

Son of a cock!
I just embarked on a snowy prairie, only to have my wagon IMMEDIATELY ambushed by a swarm of buzzards. My lumberjack managed to take down half a dozen of the mangy things, but they still made off with a crapload of meat.
Guess it's time to train a hunter...

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: January 14, 2011, 07:17:55 pm »

I'm thinking adding living quarters for a pet dragon to my dragon statue megaproject.

For some reason a well-tanned human diplomat arrived shortly after with a caravan of adept mechanics and promised to help with the project, free of charge. Figures.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 3842