Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110148 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9720 on: January 13, 2011, 03:42:45 pm »

Part 49 of my LP is up.

Something about forgotten beasts and giant spiders. Nothing much happened of interest.
Darn, I was hoping to be a migrant.  :(

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: January 13, 2011, 03:44:13 pm »

me too, but i am sure my moment in the sun will come. then my moment in the jaws of some FB made of cheese.
This is a blank sig.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: January 13, 2011, 04:26:00 pm »

Well the offshore mining rig had to be temporarily shut down after my idiot dwarf cut power to it and killed the crew working below. This resulted in a tantrum spiral with 80+ dwarves.

Suddenly in the course of a month 3 dwarves are taken by moods, 1 fell, 1 secretive, and one possession. The guy in a fell mood tipped the powder keg into the volcano by grabbing the mayor and killing him. (Dwarf bone animal trap... maybe it's a leg trap? get it? HAHAHAHAha... heh... I kill me.) The other two guys got killed by a tantrum-taken woodcutter. (He later murdered another 4 people in various "accidents" and currently is sentenced to be locked up for over 4 years) Over the course of half a year the population went from 80 to 60. Just when I thought I had everything under control I get the message "Miner Cancels mine: gone insane. Urist McMiner has gone berserk. So okay great I go through the exact same drill I did with the other berserking fools, release the kitten flares and let the thirty war dogs at him.

The bastard killed them. Every single dog that tried to kill him got various parts of its anatomy cut off and hurled into the distance. He didn't even slow down to kill a dwarven child who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was at this point I remembered that he was my super legendary original miner dwarf... I drafted a bum rush militia and attacked. Urist McMiner slaughtered them and chased a few fleeing recruits around for a while before bashing their brains in. For lack of a better option I drafted the only other mass murderer I had, the woodcutter who had cut 6 people in half.

They met and my woodcutter literally run straight through him without pausing and cut him in half.

Way to go mass murdering Woodcutter Vs. Incurably insane miner   

End tally of the Miners kills, 66. 24 Dogs, wardogs, and cats, and 42 dwarves.

I am very proud of you. This is DF at its finest.

Dwarf Fortress: Sending a mass murdering woodcutter to kill an omnicidal miner.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: January 13, 2011, 04:40:43 pm »

A harpy which either lost an ear or a toe chose safety over death and triggered a cage trap. :D

Edit; the other harpy chose in stead to be a harpy and therefore, dead. Cut in half with a masterful iron short sword.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:43:56 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: January 13, 2011, 05:44:04 pm »

This is so wrong it's just right.

More progress on the megaproject. The dragon has her blue claws! No, not microcline. Also finished a few levels of inner floors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I originally planned it to be maybe half of it's current size, but in a true dwarven fashion things got out of hand.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: January 13, 2011, 06:07:33 pm »

This is so wrong it's just right.

More progress on the megaproject. The dragon has her blue claws! No, not microcline. Also finished a few levels of inner floors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I originally planned it to be maybe half of it's current size, but in a true dwarven fashion things got out of hand.

Nice job so far!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: January 13, 2011, 06:21:47 pm »

Are you planning to live in that? Cause that would be awesome.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: January 13, 2011, 06:30:04 pm »

Are you planning to live in that? Cause that would be awesome.

Damn it man, stop giving me ideas!

...because the way I'm building it makes that one completely do-able...

I'll consider it after the magma breathing is finished, it'll take some room.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:45:48 pm by SlimyMarmot »

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: January 13, 2011, 07:18:19 pm »

living in  giant lava spewing dragon statue?
nice.
if you get bored when your done turn the map into an LP or sommert. the life and trials of: yadda yadda.

anyhoots:

My fortress counciledmines -or sommert simular, dont judge me!- has just finished building the outer wall and drawbridge. no longer does my millatery dwarf Id have to stand against the packs of ice wolfs and blizzard men in a near constant battle for the well being of the fortress on her own with no armour.
shes ranked up 26 kills so far, she did dual weild picks untill another dorf nicked one for mining work. ill have to see about manipulating that pick back to her at some stage. but for now shes quite happy being a serious bad ass with a crap tone of scars over her body and leg from the ice wolf packs she fought and killed. apart form the scars shes quite happy walking about with the first toe on each foot being brocken, and anything that isent a brocken bone or torn to beggers heals lightning fast due to her healing abilitys. without them wede have lost the fort.

The fortress sits on a mirthfull mountail and a terryfing glacier. undead unicorns anyone? :)
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: January 13, 2011, 07:58:42 pm »

Magma fertilizer project going as planned. Walls are nearly up, those are to contain the kill zone and are made of magma proof rocks. Armoring has been going along swimmingly, nearly got my third legendary in that (first 2 are miners from the original 7), and masterwork steel clad recruits kinda do stand a chance against the 4 way war I know I'm going to trigger. (As I've said, the elf capital is 5 squares south, human capital 5 squares north.) I've also taken to the dwarf tradition of stealing everything from the elves so they bring good stuff next time. When I'm done, nothing can go disastrously/hilariously wrong with the magma fertilizer. COME ON MURPHY HIT ME!
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: January 13, 2011, 08:17:40 pm »

Sieges provide little resistance to the might of Combinering, so I'm digging deep. How deep? Magma or bust! I'm also debating re-colonizing the lower levels with select dwarves to create a master race. I now have a way to create my own tree-farms, and deeper layers have more valuable stuff. it would also be helpful to find an underground river, because the lakes have been working at half-volume for a few years now.

Alright, you got me, I'm looking for candy. It's time to bring some FUN to the world!
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: January 13, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »

Hey, is anyone going to get rid of all these bodies? they're seriously stinking up the fort! and why aren't my woodworkers and stoneworkers building those coffins i ordered?!
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: January 13, 2011, 11:10:49 pm »

I made two civilizations cat's and dogs.

I made tails and paws able to grasp, and I made them immortal. So know I have immortal dog weapon masters.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Wavey54

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: January 13, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »

My dwarves are slaughtering elephants by the hundreds. I wish they were as hardcore as the used to be.

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: January 14, 2011, 12:29:54 am »

Created a new fort in defense mod, first run through defense mod. So far I've had 3 sieges, and it's only mid autumn one year in. However, so far I haven't had much problem dispatching tigermen and the like. Hoping to get the fort overrun, and experience true fun. Really didn't want this fort to go above 100, but so far I've got 50 with little to stop me. :( Hoping for more fun soon.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 3842