Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108074 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9195 on: December 26, 2010, 11:52:08 pm »

Spoiler: 1st winter siege (click to show/hide)
Dwarf
2 crossbowmen
9 ragtagged meatshields
32 war animals
Casualty: none

Dark Strangler
20ish naked wrestlers
3 captured
4 killed
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: December 27, 2010, 01:42:04 am »

I embarked at a new site earlier tonight. I'm trying out a new set of world parameters - minimal space above the first and only layer of caverns, then 100z levels of pure potential build space below that. Of course, my brilliant dwarf wagon driver decided that the best place to park the vehicle was on the surface of a frozen river. At the bottom of a sheer canyon.

I got lucky, though. I was able to channel out an area and build dams before the thaw, as well as moving all of my food and most of my other supplies inside. I'll have a bit of an issue with the ice that melted between the dams when the next freeze comes around, and I plan on digging a tunnel off to the side that will help drain any such water into the caverns. Hopefully that tunnel will also provide an access point that I can drop a critter down to explore the caverns, and ensure that that channel is the only way for any would-be subterranean assailants to get to my fort.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: December 27, 2010, 02:52:50 am »

Trolled some elves after they got mad at me for...trying to get two things for selling an iron shield and helms. How did i troll them? the classic 'Deconstruct the depot before they can depart' trick.

Now i just need to lure them into war so i can catch some elves in cage traps (and if i can't do that, i've got some raw editing to do. By armok, before this fortress dies all of the elven civilization will be our prisoners.)
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #9198 on: December 27, 2010, 03:13:43 am »

I got took by a blind ogre followed by a gobo ambush... long story short my pop cap went from 78 to 66... :(
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: December 27, 2010, 03:31:58 am »

Trying to set up a sub-village where i can force all the useless types (Looking at you, Lye Maker #114394852793) to live, and train them to progressively become something slightly more useful, like miners, farmers or something. However, peasants get to live in the fortress proper because they at least admit they can't do anything useful.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: December 27, 2010, 04:06:14 am »

I've finally got a working area for magma forges and such! My mechanic was too darn lazy to build the power source for the pump, (Yes, it's only one. I'm not dwarfy enough to make a pump stack.) so I gave up and started powering it manually. Now I'm churning out gold furniture for my royal, and hopefully legendary soon, dining room. On the other hand, I just got an artifact splint while I have no medical ANYTHING so far, which is rather amusing. I should probably be making steel stuff for my tiny military right now instead of fancy tables so that I can colonize the caverns. Or perhaps I can actually build some traps for my entranceway.

Wiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: December 27, 2010, 07:51:27 am »

So far four artifact coffins. I think they're trying to tell me something, but what?

Oh, and now 7 naked goblins show up. Well, naked, except for the fact that the one in the front is wearing a "well-crafted dwarf nail ring".
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:45:37 am by Wiro »

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: December 27, 2010, 09:15:01 am »

So far four artifact coffins. I think they're trying to tell me something, but what?

Oh, and now 7 naked goblins show up. Well, naked, except for the fact that the one in the front is wearing a "well-crafted dwarf nail ring".
Where exactly is he wearing it?

I'll be in the !!magma moat!!.

EDIT: oh for fuck's sake
The berserker's little brother was just kidnapped by a goblin. I hate this family already.

AND MORE: I think I must have committed some sort of heresy against the god of children, because another kid is being kidnapped, he was supposed to be a future soldier, and he's the only surviving child of his parents. Oh c'mon.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:37:14 am by Musashi »
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: December 27, 2010, 10:02:27 am »

The events of mid-autmn in Boltfill :
CHAAAARGE!!!(The axearmed militia commander orders his soldiers to attack a yeti. The militia commander gets there first) AHHHH! (The yeti steals the militia commander's copper battle axe and kills him) WE SHALL HAVE REVENGE! (A speararmed militia captain and two wrestler recruits (Due to not having weapons forged yet) chase the yeti around the map for a days) I'VE GOT HIM *Pant* (The militia captain catches up to the yeti) BLARG! (The yeti kills him as well) RETREAT! (The recruits run away from this highly trained monstrocity)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: December 27, 2010, 10:49:16 am »

I am hosting a BBQ for the local elves , everybody is invited *Pulls lever of "Dropping the elven caravan into magma"*

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: December 27, 2010, 11:12:32 am »

My FOURTH fortress now is being assaulted by a horde of crundles.
Nothing major. Only somebody miserable because they were attacked.
EDIT:The mason died and I had a mini spiral. The two who were tantruming became ecstatic after they fell in love.
EDIT2:Blind cave ogres. I'm gone again.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:43:57 am by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: December 27, 2010, 01:41:37 pm »

Horrors of battle!
Summer, and the human and cobald caravans had just arrived (and immediately set out to slaughter one-another.) I was getting reports of kobold thieves everywhere, the hunters would deal with them, but suddenly AN AMBUSH! CURSE THEM! A squad of mini-minotaur (ninataur) swordsmen led by a hammerman sprung up on the mountain to the west. The gears were set in motion, unfortunately none of them were directly attached to my cognitive organ. I had left a gap in the walls of the over-fort, and instead of just damning and locking out the marksman left up there shooting the ninataurs, I sent all 8 of my squads to rescue the idiot. He died before they arrived, but the game was on, and the dwarves did battle on the 3-wide catwalks used to build the walls. The first two to arrive were forced off the ledges on opposite sides, the maceman taking the deepest plunge towards the exterior of the fort and suffocating halfway through the fighting above, the recruit landing on the interior about one level above him, and he probably didn't make it either but I didn't pay him any more attention; everyone else was fighting above him. The swordsmen went down relatively easy, though they did the most damage. Two of them had four kills each, all dwarves, while their commander who was the second-to-last alive and mobbed by the majority of our forces killed just 1 dwarf and a donkey before the fight. The last man standing was one of the more successful swordsmen, she was forced off the ledge and dealt with as she lay unconscious. In all we lost 11 soldiers and a donkey, with 7 ninataur casualties, probably with one getting away, and I think one of the hunters dealt with a kobold... Not much potential for a tantrum spiral since almost nobody has made any friends.

I've ordered an official crypt be dug, their bodies properly interred in coffins. Nobody was admitted to the hospital, because I removed it, and the only seriously injured dwarf I'm aware of is wandering around like everyone else. He was removed from his squad on account of his new-found inability to pick up his equipment, can't blame him considering both arms are horribly mangled all the way down, and both legs are broken, one in two places. Must have been that hammerman. After re-designating the hospital three idiots walked in to become paraplegic forever. crutches need debugging.

Holy crap! Two of them actually got up and left!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:14:37 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: December 27, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

Part 36 of my LP is up.

I thought the goblins would have ambushed me by now. They usually attack in mid to late spring, and considering I'm right next to a goblin civ I expected an even earlier attack. But it's already summer and the goblins have yet to make their move. This is actually worse as I'm not sure when they will come, and thus can't be ready for them.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: December 27, 2010, 02:57:21 pm »

nice! I hope you actually survive this time  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: December 27, 2010, 02:59:31 pm »

Huh-oh, the most famous doctor of the fort just went berserk inside a cage (because the dumbass got ill again while on top of a cage trap, which is arguably less dumb than the weapon trap that sent 3 of the limbs of some metalcrafter flying before he passed away). I hope that's not because I locked the bedridden patients to wither away at last. Wonder if she has many friends. Huh. I knew Windslap was slowly crumbling to its end. Hope I'll finish my big statue before that though...
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 3842