Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107678 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9165 on: December 25, 2010, 07:22:24 pm »

OMG!

Litast's wife, just gave birth to a healthy dwarven boy.

The legendary weaponsmith must be asploding with happiness now.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #9166 on: December 25, 2010, 07:24:48 pm »

The legendary weaponsmith must be asploding
DON'T JINX IT.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: December 25, 2010, 07:28:08 pm »

The legendary weaponsmith must be asploding
DON'T JINX IT.

No worries. No magma nor anything on the map that would make him asplode literally.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: December 25, 2010, 07:43:54 pm »

Goblin hammerer ambush anyone? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: December 25, 2010, 07:56:26 pm »

worse, he falls unconscious on a whip trap.
Nom nom nom

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: December 25, 2010, 09:05:55 pm »

Atticlashed is now mostly stable. The dwarves have dug deep and dug fast, and by winter the barracks, depot, housing, workshops, stockpiles, hospital, and farm were dug out. Now all that's left is to smooth walls, dump stone, and furnish everything, and then expand.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: December 25, 2010, 10:31:32 pm »

That is the most incredible artifact name possible.
くコ:彡

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: December 25, 2010, 10:55:00 pm »

Spoiler: iMAGE (click to show/hide)
That is the most incredible artifact name possible.
It's the least elven weapon out there.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: December 26, 2010, 12:18:17 am »

Part 35 of my LP is up.

I might have already posted this, but I don't remember. So here's a 2 day old update you may have already read.

And fuck those fucking elves. I've never made that "mistake" before. Can't believe they react that way.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Sivere

• Bay Watcher
  • Slightly Unhinged
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: December 26, 2010, 12:41:18 pm »

My dwarves are waaay too happy about the cotton candy. Some months after finding it, the miner has died of blood loss, and when I decided he should be interred in the cotton candy vein, the three engravers that were smoothing its walls followed suit.

Obviously, they were so ecstatic about it that their poor dwarven heads exploded out of sheer joy.

That, or there's a very small magma leak, somewhere, that I'm unable to find.  ::)

As a side note, my sole two-dwarf squad consisting of a legendary Spearmaster and Axelord, is called The Helmed Beards. More appropriate name has probably never been generated :P

EDIT: Oh, and Ral Castleworks, who worships Ral, the god of Trade and Wealth, became possessed just now and created an artifact chalk statue ("Deadgang") of Ral, depicting a dwarf prostrating himself before Ral. I can't help but think of it a narcissistic dwarf trying to be funny  ::) it also has two pictures of a giant smashing an elf, so I'll let it slide this time.

I think I'll put it in the trade depot.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:50:39 pm by Sivere »
Dwarfs will have access to the internet in version .99.99, when even Toady cannot push the game further. They will then discover the Bay12 Games website, creating an infinitely recursive chain of realities that will eventually reach critical mass and coalesce into DF 1.0, emerging from their web-based cocoon like some kind of meme-encrusted chrysalis.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #9175 on: December 26, 2010, 01:38:55 pm »

So I'm going to stop updating my thread... I found my first cavern. armok protect me!
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: December 26, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »

"The Still Ignited Cacti", artifact copper sword with pictures of flame fiends on it, was created. Good news!  :D
Otherwise, the paralyzed dwarfs got better. For a week. Then the pandemic came back. Then they spontaneously got better. Then...
The really annoying part are the dwarfs passing out on cage traps and my obligation to build them and link them to levers to free them afterwards. So far, only two insignificant deaths by weapon traps. Welcome to Windslap, the fortress where you are contractually obligated to lose a limb or the use of it, get several scars, be regularly infected by strange but non-threatening diseases, turn blind, or any combination of the above. Very few dwarfs have a medical history left blank...
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: December 26, 2010, 02:04:18 pm »

you can [ b ] build them and unassign them (through pressing enter when their name is on)  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: December 26, 2010, 02:05:31 pm »

you can [ b ] build them and unassign them (through pressing enter when their name is on)  ;D
Tried, their name never showed up. Also tried pitting them, their names don't show up either.  :-X
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #9179 on: December 26, 2010, 03:15:49 pm »

Frack.. I was using a tilset the had idivedual pics for dogs, cats, and even dwarfs based on their profession, and everything else practically... I boot up DFinit and tell it I want the phobous_meld stuff and all of it goes away... HOW FIX
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 3842