Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120977 times)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8775 on: December 14, 2010, 12:40:39 am »

Part 26 of my LP is up

In this episode; everybody fucking dies.

Okay, that's an exaggeration. But things are already going to hell. There are corpses lying in the farms, migrants rushing to the fort, and a dire lack of booze. Hm, forced to drink water? Tons of miasma? Recent death? Ghostly spirits? Why call me crazy, but that might cause some tantrums!

And I didn't mention it in the update, but there is a voracious cave crawler moving through the crypt, along with a crawling carp pack. They better stay the fuck away. Or get caught in a cage. Either works.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

That guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: December 14, 2010, 04:46:48 am »

One of my dwarves has rotting shark meat in her room, which in Iceland is a delicacy called Hakarl. Seems appropriate.

TailorTF

• Bay Watcher
  • You know pots?Yeah,let's use pots now.Forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: December 14, 2010, 07:18:47 am »

Fortressburned (non-random name) is,ironically,doing great so far.The only problem we had was a posessed farmer who just stood near his bed not doing anything and then proceeded to go mad because of it and starve to death.HEY,DWARVES!IF YOU GOT AN UNHAPPY THOUGHT FROM THAT,SUCK IT!THE SPIRIT POSESSING HIM WAS RETARDED AND DIDN'T DESERVE A BODY!(Well,actually...you know..he WAS a demon who was imprisoned for a couple thousand years...and he WAS standing next to a bed...if you know what I mean.)

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: December 14, 2010, 07:39:39 am »

Oraclepaddles just got another wave of immigrants, bumping it up to 80 dorves and ressurrecting the ol' bed famine. I had to make some new carpenters just to keep up with demand.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: December 14, 2010, 08:22:54 am »

Oh my Armok the miners found another adamantine pillar I don't know if it is compensating for the stupidity I've had to deal with or if it is a way to say I'm gonna be screwed soon but it's awesome
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: December 14, 2010, 08:39:33 am »

Two things.

One: My new fort is named — courtesy of the random-number generator — "Certaintomb." Thanks for the vote of confidence, dude.

Two: If you get the bright idea of bringing along a lot of cheap meat and cooking it all up into lavish meals as soon as you arrive, remember to turn off booze cooking. Mid-spring, months away from getting the farms up and running, and I'm completely out of alcohol. Hey, mister cook? You're now a plant gatherer. Go nuts.

Aner-Dyfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: December 14, 2010, 08:48:02 am »

My fort has only just managed to start a booze industry after 5years, no wood and caverns full of nasties. Military has only just reached a combat standard to clear them out and is taking heavy casulties. Awesome!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: December 14, 2010, 05:47:07 pm »

I have a one-year-old dwarf child who just came down with a secretive mood and made a gem-encrusted hematite ring showing the historical ascent of a great queen to power.

That's one hell of a toddler.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: December 14, 2010, 05:58:16 pm »

(Genesis)

Minotaur attack in Spring of the second year killed 24 dwarves.  Fun!  Been quiet since then--I'm in year 4 or 5 now.   :'(  In other news, my giant lake is almost ready to be filled (once my haulers get around to clearing 1000s of urists of stone), and after that, a tower of Armok!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: December 14, 2010, 06:07:36 pm »

One of my dwarves has rotting shark meat in her room, which in Iceland is a delicacy called Hakarl. Seems appropriate.

Thanks for prompting me to look this up.  Even though I'm sure it's disgusting, I must try this one day purely for the viking street cred.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: December 14, 2010, 06:16:35 pm »

I have never seen as much pus as what's right outside my fort right now. It seems like every dog and cat in the fort — a grand total of about six, all immigrant pets — is positively dripping with the stuff.

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: December 14, 2010, 06:59:39 pm »

At Flagmine, a leatherworker went fey and made Greaterfreezes the Sweltering Flimsiness, worth 56880.

Greaterfreezes the Sweltering Flimsiness is a giant toad leather braies. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with morion, decorated with giant toad leather and encircled with bands of giant cave spider silk and two-humped camel bone. This object menaces with spikes of nickel.

On the item is an image of Monom Unionstrumpet the dwarf and a cedar barrel in giant olm leather. Monom Unionstrumpet is raising the cedar barrel. The artwork relates to the masterful cedar barrel created by the dwarf Monom Unionstrumpet for The Post of Depressions at Flagmine in the early summer of 1056.

On the item is an image of Bax Hatredchampions the goblin and a dwarf in blind cave bear leather. The dwarf is striking down Bax Hatredchampions. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Bax Hatredchampions by a dwarf in Curseanus in The Jade Swamps in the midsummer of 167 during Rashgur Stukos, "The Attack of Razors".

On the item is an image of Momuz Sculptmines the dwarf and a basalt bracelet in giant cave spider silk. Momuz Sculptmines is raising the basalt bracelet. The artwork relates to the masterful basalt bracelet created by the dwarf for The Post of Depressions at Flagmine in the midwinter of 1056.

On the item is an image of Zolak Modestdungeon the goblin and a dwarf in green glass. The dwarf is striking down Zolak Modestdungeon. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Zolak Modestdungeon by a dwarf in Haterounded in the Jade Swamps in the early spring of 63 during ikthagzokun, "The Squeezing Sieges".

On the item is an image of Zolak Sinfultrashes the goblin and a dwarf in fire opal. The dwarf is striking down Zolak Sinfultrashes. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Zolak Sinfultrashes by a dwarf in Menaceweaver in the Jade Swamps in the early spring of 243 during Arist Nidost, "The Assaults of Ferocity".

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: December 14, 2010, 07:53:39 pm »

Part 27 of my LP is up.

Well, it seems I can't even do the simple task of stationing a dwarf 10 feet from Reveredtour without getting someone killed. It would've helped if I noticed the giant leopard chewing the dwarfs face off before she was bleeding heavily. Who cares though; I got a cave crawler.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: December 14, 2010, 09:59:17 pm »

Part 27 of my LP is up.

Well, it seems I can't even do the simple task of stationing a dwarf 10 feet from Reveredtour without getting someone killed. It would've helped if I noticed the giant leopard chewing the dwarfs face off before she was bleeding heavily. Who cares though; I got a cave crawler.
Think you could upload your modded game?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Supersquee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: December 14, 2010, 10:13:03 pm »

I just checked up on the Craftdwarf who got stabbed in the face.

He encountered a goblin thief, and the thief stabbed him in the skull, severing several muscles in his neck and head and jamming the knife in there before running off. I thought the guy was a goner. But then I noticed the lack of blood. He cleaned himself in the well and got right back to work.

He bears a tiny scar apparently, and I just read his description. "He has loaded a tall body with incredible muscles" as well as being "Mighty and slow to tire". As well as having some bitching sideburns, beard braids and a moustache. Do I perhaps have Chuck Norris Dwarf? I am debating which of my Squads to place him in, unfortunately I have no suitably bitching moustachiod dragons for him to ride into battle.

On a last note however, that knife that was jammed in his head? Not in my stocks. I have a feeling he just left it there. To stop people exploiting that same, one hole in his perfect skull I am guessing.
The problem with finding badassery in DF, is that the standard is so damn high.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 3842