Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109026 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21795 on: April 11, 2012, 05:49:50 am »

Do some old fashion witch hunting.

Throw them in a pit of water, and if they drown, they were innocent.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21796 on: April 11, 2012, 05:51:48 am »

Do some old fashion witch hunting.

Throw them in a pit of water, and if they drown, they were innocent.

Great idea! +1 paranoia to you, but in a good way.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21797 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:43 am »

group of grey languars decided to say hello. My untrained expediton leader/ woodcutter and my admin/colonel decided tto welcome them with open arms. A spear and an axe to be specific.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21798 on: April 11, 2012, 06:23:49 am »

Clearly she needed more than 10 logs and one rock block. :P Weighs 2, so a hefty flute and is worth a decent 14400. That's good for a wooden flute.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21799 on: April 11, 2012, 06:52:39 am »

A kobold just stole the first useful legendary item ever made in my worlds.
A chicken bone shield! - Made by a migrant child at the end of year 1, stollen about a month later.

I'm just never ready...

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21800 on: April 11, 2012, 07:12:18 am »

A goblin (master) thief had apparently been wearing a skunk man leather shoe decorated with an image of Rumourground the Llama wool thong in Marcasite.

Rumourground is one of my artefacts. How the hell did they know about and why the hell decorate something in its honour?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #21801 on: April 11, 2012, 07:42:46 am »

My new fort seems to have mostly Australian wildlife around it.  I am most pleased.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: April 11, 2012, 07:47:19 am »

two anouncements: The dry season has come. It has started to rain.

Seriously wth? It's raining nearly non stop, regardless of season, with my d_init settings at weather:NO

very tropical rainforestish though
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21803 on: April 11, 2012, 08:25:00 am »

HM herbalist/adequate (rusty) miner has a secretive mood. Exploiting burrows bug, he has gathered: 4 microcline, 1 porcupine leather, Ploklomis (kobold) bone, rope reed fibre cloth, 13 diorite,  6 malachite, 2 galena, 7 mica & 4 marble and I've allowed him to start now. :3

Edit:
Spoiler: Zalisdodok (click to show/hide)
a diorite bed. Weighs 80, worth 69600.

edit2: Legendary miner number 3 (not including HM miner immigrant who arrived begin autum) in a 40-dwarf fort.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:32:05 am by AWdeV »

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: April 11, 2012, 09:05:04 am »

A goblin (master) thief had apparently been wearing a skunk man leather shoe decorated with an image of Rumourground the Llama wool thong in Marcasite.

Rumourground is one of my artefacts. How the hell did they know about and why the hell decorate something in its honour?

So that they'd know what to steal. "Awright, here's what you're burglarizing this fortress for, I've got a buyer lined up for a llama wool thong that menaces with spikes. There's a bonus in it fer you if they don't even know it's gone. Just to be sure you don't lose it, I'll stitch the image to a shoe."

Unfortunately the bandit lords of the land forgot that goblins don't do theft, only kidnapping.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:42 am »

My new fort seems to have mostly Australian wildlife around it.  I am most pleased.

Knowing you...
How long until you drown them all in magma?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: April 11, 2012, 09:58:24 am »

So that they'd know what to steal. "Awright, here's what you're burglarizing this fortress for, I've got a buyer lined up for a llama wool thong that menaces with spikes. There's a bonus in it fer you if they don't even know it's gone. Just to be sure you don't lose it, I'll stitch the image to a shoe."

Unfortunately the bandit lords of the land forgot that goblins don't do theft, only kidnapping.

This sounds like a totally legit explanation. I'd ask Ngebzo Blablabla but he's well on his way to becoming a totem and a few stacks of bolts.

Andrakon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PLAYIN_THE_FOOL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: April 11, 2012, 10:03:07 am »

I mostly finished mining out the rest of my second candy spire that poked into my deepest cavern. And finished my 9th floor of my candy wafer encased hexagon fortress. Decided to build a golden crown on the top of said fortress starting at the 12th floor.  Images so far, here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107103.0

Then I lured 3 fb's to within archers range of my 2nd caverns entrance with a cat and a dog. Dog ran away when I removed the pasture, cat stayed and took it like a man! Found out one of the fb's causes instant limb rot, the other kills itself with a dust explosion, the 3rd is a wuss and dies with one shot. The cat is still alive, somewhere in its own miasma cloud. Poor cat. :<
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:16:01 am by Andrakon »
Tetist Agsal, "The Flimsiness of Pools", an obsidian hatch cover. On the item is an image of two flesh balls in iron... ROFLMAO

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21808 on: April 11, 2012, 04:12:29 pm »

Project roof the world nearly finished, project spike the underdark as well. Then I'm going to save for an abandon and succesion world kind of, so I'll get actual useful migrants. However, in a copy I'm going to pull a certain sword out of a stone. See if my defences are what I think they are.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21809 on: April 11, 2012, 04:23:42 pm »

Now some reshus macaques wanna say hi. My dogs are earning thier keep, having torn apart a pair of languars before and now killing a macaque by severing the motor nerves in its feet and severing the arteries in its neck. My exp. leader has become a novice wrestler, so he is now a reliable fighter to have. I may need an additional few buteries to keep pace with the corpese of animals piling up.

Also going to start liberally appying cage traps to capture snakes for a snake pit and get som above ground farming up.

Oh, and evidently an owl got inside the fort's forgeworks and a recruit obsidan sworded it to deal after biting off a foot.

EDIT: Welp, in an incident regard the last surviving monkey that managed to nab the exp. leader's axe, both the monkey, axe and a perfect army recruit(slow to tire, mighty, very agile, unbreakable will and heals very quickly) plummeted to thier deaths down the volcano. Oh, and he found adamantine on the way down. And the recruit wasn't a vamp; genned the world without them. perfect freaking recruit killed by a bad dodge.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 3842