Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6109049 times)

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21780 on: April 10, 2012, 02:56:36 am »

The merchants left the depot and tried to cross the stream. the current pushed them over waterfall and they drowned. shortly after their corpses were reanimated in time for a zombie to kill the last merchant before he drowned. so now I have to undead dwarven merchants at the bottom of the waterfall.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21781 on: April 10, 2012, 07:47:36 am »

A fine cautionary tale to ensure that people don't cross the streams.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21782 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:39 am »

All extra animals have been butchered, poor sods. No dog alive, just a few cats, some war leopards and the captured animals to continue gaining knowledge about training. And ofcourse my snake army. Last but not least, a group of Bonobo has wandered into the traps meant for goblins. Animal trainers are now trying to make them alcohol dependent and see if they can fit in with dwarf society. They'd need larger beards though. Project roof the world is nearly complete, project screw with the elf diplomat too. You could see him getting angry while we cut the last few trees and then signed the treaty not to cut more than a hundred or so trees. Not that we'll need any trees for some time yet, a couple of thousand logs are currently stacked in the caverns.

Next on the list: send invitation to goblins.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21783 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:47 am »

There is a waterfall that is killing 40% of all the non-dwarves that enter my map. Bloody irritating.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21784 on: April 10, 2012, 08:53:17 am »

The liaison has just informed me they'll pay double the price next year for prepared meals. Looking on my rather big supply, I can't help but see edible gold
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

ddonohu2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21785 on: April 10, 2012, 09:11:31 am »

All my cats' and kittens' extremities rotted off due to some extract or other so now I'm keeping down vermin levels in my refuse stockpile using a trained falcon.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21786 on: April 10, 2012, 09:21:38 am »

^
the reason why people are happy dwarfs finally put on new shoes and socks.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #21787 on: April 10, 2012, 11:51:04 am »

I think I might have just gone through a loyalty cascade, two people dead, and my newly appointed (yet still epic) millitia captain is standing at the center of my fort, ready to kill anyone who causes disturbances. However, I'm playing with masterwork, so anything is possible. Everything seems to be over now, though.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21788 on: April 10, 2012, 12:18:42 pm »

loyalty cascades only stop if the enemies of the fort are killed by animals I think, so maybe a tantrum?

edit:
one of my weapon smiths has a fey mood and is selecting bronze, this really can only end well! Excitement! No matter what the weapon is, bronze is good!

bronze crossbow. Hey militia captain, lvl 10 marksdwarf, wanna have?

"Harshidol The Typhoon of Rulers"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:16:09 pm by Garath »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21789 on: April 10, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »

a 2nd and 3rd seige, consisting of frogmen and white tigermen respectivly, resulted in the first case most of my soldiers being too badly injured to keep fighting, and all but 4 frogmen seen killed, including thier commander.

The white tigermen used my camoflauge ramps against me and came right in, killing one of my two axedwarf instructors and all my wool bearing animals that weren't caged. In the end, the axedwarf, a thresher who managed to bait the enemy into being atom smashed was killed by thier leader, and three dwarves, an armorer, fisherdorf, and the fisherdorf's baby were killed ina freak drawbridge accident while the tried to gather the gear from a mechanic who made a desperate stand that actually saved almost everyone else. He used his disc launcher, severed two legs, and was torn to shreds by the tigerleader's war bear. 5 of the invaders were captured in cages and will be sacrificed to the volcano. the rest were either crushed in the thresher gambit or fled the field.

Can't wait till goblins roll around.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21790 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »

Goddamn cockatiel people. Well, at least they make passable training dummies for my military and more meat at the table. (As if I weren't overflowing in meat already)

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21791 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:39 pm »

My fort has just begun. I've embarked at a place with no metals or flux. I have a single lucky dwarf who was indefangitable and agile and liked spears, so I made him a competent spearman with full copper armor and a copper spear, since it costed too many points to get a bronze spear and still have enough points for the suit of armor. Also made him a novice fisherdwarf since we embarked near a river.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Luzahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21792 on: April 10, 2012, 05:58:11 pm »

The local elves have apparently arrived with a tame, caged Tigerman (woman) named Yarare Thiluofi. I think I'll buy it, and try to integrate it into my society.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:59:43 pm by Luzahn »

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21793 on: April 10, 2012, 09:07:03 pm »

My dwarves really grinded my gears last time.
The thought of the last two chapters ... of dwarf "liberty" ... makes me cringe.

But things will change. I will bring order to those water hippies.
I will block out those bad memories with newer things.
I am one tough lollipop after all.

The plans are laid. The rabbits will flourish.
And the dwarves ... oh ... they will pay.

BunnyBunches the Rabbit-Hut

04) Water Water ... Is it safe to drink ??
05) Risk vs Reward vs Frustration
06) Green light a lot of things

The summer migrant wave arrived.
Since I still have One-Simple-Skunk, I decide to do some masonry work above ground with the new migrants
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The skunk gets replaced with a living barn owl. Still no problem.
And the first sweet pods are about to come online, allowing me some local booze instead of tainted brook water.

Two of my "surface tunnels" are done, and two more to go. As a reminder, when undead prowl the surface, it is imperative that you have underground access at all corners of the map. The amount of migrants that make it underground is inversely proportional to the difficulty of the fort.

I am expanding my workshop area. Two stills and one stonecrafter now.
That will soon ramp up to 4-and-4 to solve the great booze crisis for a good year. Or half. Or quarter, depending on how big the migrant waves become.

More foul vapor drifts by. And I notice Autumn has arrived. No surface casualities at this point is a good reason for me to celebrate.

In Autumn, the booze finally starts to flow. We can seal ourselves off from the outside world, and as soon as we do, the undead wolverines show up again.

Oh har-de-har-har. One of my militia dwarves has the thought "Has complained of the lack of a well lately". If you weren't one of my militia instructors, you would be locked in with the Yak Skins for thinking such things.

Migrant Entry Point #3 is completed.
This is the one near where the Summer-Wave originated.
Note that the wolverines are still nearby, but thankfully they don't notice the tunnel, as planned.

While surveying the accomplishment, I notice a Giant Flying Great Horned Owl Corpse on the map. Good to know this fort has them too. I'll be sure to bring them down in the end with the dwarves.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #21794 on: April 11, 2012, 05:25:33 am »

A child was found drained completely of blood, which means I've got my very first vampire.

Let the games begin!

Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 ... 3842