Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34827 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 1: The Investigation Begins [9/9]
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 07:13:53 pm »

Everyone:  1. What would you say your experience level is at?  2. How many games have you played?

1. Hard to say.
2. 20-30

EBWOP

TDS, what does the vote on Teneb actually achieve?

It's an RVS vote.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 07:36:20 pm »

Peradon: If you were the jailor, would you jail the confirmed townie Night 1?
I dont think so. If I jailed someone else, it would either protect that person, or stop him from converting someone else. If someone else gets converted, I know that the person I jailed is a townie. If someone else doesnt get converted, I might have jailed the cultist.

TheDarkStar Yes deeply
Why does it unnerve you?
Everyone:  1. What would you say your experience level is at?  2. How many games have you played?
I have played 5 or 6 games. I have a general grasp of the game, but I think I have plenty of room to get better.

So, is it just me, or has the confirmed townie not been announced?

Also, Teneb.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 07:47:18 pm »

Peradon well, pointing is rude. And I would rather not die in my first game on the first round.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 07:47:38 pm »

Roo is the known townie!
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 08:09:05 pm »

Teneb: Why are you the cult leader?
While it is understandable you assume I'm the leader, me being the awesome individual that I am, you are incorrect. I am not the cultist.

Also, Teneb.
My name does look good in red. That's nice to know.

ZU: How soon do you think the cult will convert roo?

OSG: How will you determine who you are going to convert?

As for my experience level, I doubt I could give you a good answer, much less a correct one in that regard.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 08:25:51 pm »

Roo is the known townie!
Well, herp derp.

Peradon well, pointing is rude. And I would rather not die in my first game on the first round.
Is that the only reason you feel nervous about being FoS'd?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 08:48:15 pm »

ZU: How soon do you think the cult will convert roo?
No idea.

1. Used to be ok, don't know anymore. 2. 20? Not sure.

Let's get this party started
What was the point of this post?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 09:13:21 pm »

OSG: It's Day 3 and two townies have been lynched. If several people start pushing a lynch on someone who doesn't seem scummy to you, what would you do?
I would vote the person who I think is scummy and say why I think they are.

1. I'd say low-mid. Probably above beginners mafia (even though I really want to be scumteam for once) 2. I think this is my tenth game.

OSG: How will you determine who you are going to convert?
I'm not the cult leader, so I don't have to worry about this. (I also don't want to give the cult leader any advice about it.)

Also, Teneb.
Peradon: you give no reason or question along with this vote, and you also voted someone that already had a vote on them. Why?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 10:23:19 pm »

origamiscienceguy

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 10:39:23 pm »

Peradon: you give no reason or question along with this vote, and you also voted someone that already had a vote on them. Why?
The real question is: Why not? I was adding a little extra pressure to see what his reaction would be. Do you think this is scummy of me?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 10:41:17 pm »

origamiscienceguy
I say it every game. There really isn't a point.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2015, 10:42:30 pm »

The real question is: Why not? I was adding a little extra pressure to see what his reaction would be. Do you think this is scummy of me?
I would expect a question associated with it. If you leave it as it is, what can he do to respond other than to ask why you are voting him? I do find it slightly scummy that your no-question vote was on the only person with a vote at the time.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2015, 11:56:03 pm »

I would expect a question associated with it. If you leave it as it is, what can he do to respond other than to ask why you are voting him? I do find it slightly scummy that your no-question vote was on the only person with a vote at the time.
What kind of question would you have me ask? Another random question that does absolutely nothing, such as "Why are you scum"? No, that's pointless. I just voted for him to see what kind of reactions I would get, as a test so to speak. With just one vote on someone, that person doesn't feel any pressure at all; It's to be expected. But when I add another one on, it starts getting serious.

In short, I was doing a test-gambit of sorts. One which has given interesting results. Unvote

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2015, 12:03:37 am »

origamiscienceguy
I say it every game. There really isn't a point.
Ok. Unvote.

Peradon
In short, I was doing a test-gambit of sorts. One which has given interesting results. Unvote
This is so weak and a non-answer. What results did you get?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Signups! [6/9]
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2015, 12:39:19 am »

I have played werewolf with friends and family before but not on forums, only irl.

And I read through a few turns and all the stuff you guys posted and you basically ask people questions and if you they are being suspicious then you vote red and if you might vote for them its blue.
-Mafia IRL and Forum explanation-
To poke on this, RL Mafia is enhanced in its communication due to the many -unspoken- cues which are also taken into consideration. In the forum--all you have is your assumptions, and their text, and how you analyze that text.

Mee (Would it also be OK if I called you Mee instead? It's better than typing your username, or its abbreviation :P)
Firstly, welcome to the B12 Mafia! Since you're a newbie, ask away on any questions you've pretty much got about the game and about anyone else--at this stage, especially considering the nature of this game, you're pretty much on equal standing as the rest of us.

...Experience level? On what basis? I am merely a forumgoer who has learned Mafia SOLELY through this forum.

And...I do not count how many games I've played. I can say it is...a -lot-. (~+20).

Are you asking this question so you can get a general overview of who you're playing with, Mee?
Or is it because you're the cultist, and are going through the lists in a very direct manner--scoping out who may say they are experienced to be cult'd? I will be very direct with you here. Just as much as I will be very direct with everyone else here.

TDS
Tiruin: If, as a regular townie, you thought you knew who the jailor was but they were up for lynching, what would you do?
I would punch the context.
As in, 'up for lynching' to me sounds more like 'has a ton of votes on him' instead of 'oh goodness the time is nearly out and there's a ton of votes on him'.
I'd be staring at the context of the situation--and at the context of my regards for that jailor, too. The time of day also matters much, because I'll set up a diagram:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Players [9/9]:
- Peradon
- Teneb
- TheDarkStar
- roo
- origamiscienceguy
- Generally me
- Deus Asmoth
- Tiruin
- zombie urist
D1: Out of the 9, we have 1 CULTIST. 1/8, wherein 2 of the 8 are power roles.
Depending on the day and the mass-votes, -ESPECIALLY- the context of those votes, I would either stick up for the voted-person, if I deem both his merit under "lynchability" and the case on him being faulty, or I would just sit back and analyze those poking at him--while a power role in any game constitutes a power in itself as a mechanic, the usual games have power roles to just give edgy...ness. The regular townie has edge in his/her wit--that's the base point of what I'm going to use.

But then something bopped my side. TDS: Counterquery.
Now I've no idea how I can seek out the jailor if I'm a regular townie--what context supports your question which gives me that indication of that guess? It is a seemingly pointed question here.

Peradon
I've noticed a mindset of quick talk with the rest of the people here. I ask you a hypothetical question:
> Let's assume you're a regular townie. How are you generally planning to find the singular cultist during Day 1? How do you view assertiveness versus aggressiveness in behavior?

roo
Hello again!
And hello confirmed townie!
Hypothetical for you: Could you detail in your perception, the benefits of being a confirmed townie? What sort of pressures are 'relaxed' given your role, and what added responsibilities you have? (ie I am less doubted and my voice carries the lack of presumed doubt)
And in this hypothetical scenario of you being a Jailer--how will you treat your role in finding the cultist? What kind of attitude do you adopt in looking at the other 8 around you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22