Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34840 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 1: The Investigation Begins [9/9]
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2015, 01:34:01 pm »

Generally me: why are you still asking rvs questions? Why are you fossing instead of voting?

Pearson: why didn't you want is to know you suspected him?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2015, 01:39:17 pm »

Pearson: why didn't you want is to know you suspected him?
I'm assuming this is for me....

I didn't want him to know I suspected him. Once scum know that someone is hot on their trail, they put up more defenses around them. I wanted to get more from OSG so I could get a rock-solid case that doesn't rely on a single post of his.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2015, 02:55:39 pm »

Do you think that your case now is rock solid? You raised three points in your vote on OSG and dismissed two of the three possibilities you raised based off very subjective arguments.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »

Generally me: why are you still asking rvs questions? Why are you fossing instead of voting?

i don't know what fossing is and I'm really undecided on voting.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »

Do you think that your case now is rock solid? You raised three points in your vote on OSG and dismissed two of the three possibilities you raised based off very subjective arguments.
No, it isnt and I know it. Thus why I was trying to wait until I had more to go on. But I do believe my points are valid. Do you think they are valid? If not, what invalidates them?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2015, 04:06:23 pm »

Peradon,

do you just pick someone for RVS, or do you use Random.org?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2015, 04:11:43 pm »

zombie urist

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2015, 05:16:06 pm »

No, it isnt and I know it. Thus why I was trying to wait until I had more to go on. But I do believe my points are valid. Do you think they are valid? If not, what invalidates them?
They're valid assuming that OSG is conforming to what you read his meta as being, which isn't close to being guaranteed. I dislike arguments based purely on meta, particularly this one, since you're assuming that OSG isn't trying to pull a gambit simply because he hasn't done so yet.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2015, 06:12:40 pm »

I'm working on a text that needs to be delivered monday right now, so while I am keeping up with how the game is going, it's a bit hard to find time to get a post out. Thankfully it's a weekend. Still, the quote below caught my attention enough that I feel the need to comment on it.

zombie urist
You going to back that vote up with any argument? What did ZU do (or fail to do) to deserve that vote? Why do you think he should be lynched? Present a case.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2015, 06:32:00 pm »

Well I rolled to see who I should vote for because everyone seems pretty non cultist to me.

I really don't get how you can make any kind of case against someone the first round. It just guessing and grasping onto tiny things that shouldn't matter.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2015, 06:37:26 pm »

Well I rolled to see who I should vote for because everyone seems pretty non cultist to me.

I really don't get how you can make any kind of case against someone the first round. It just guessing and grasping onto tiny things that shouldn't matter.
As I was just saying with Peradon, the first day is not abut randomly lynching someone. The random votes are usually accompanied with a question to force a conversation to start. For example:

Unvote

Generally me,
so far, what do you think are the biggest, and most important differences between forum mafia and traditional mafia? What are you doing to adapt to these discrepancies?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2015, 06:58:56 pm »

Generally me,
so far, what do you think are the biggest, and most important differences between forum mafia and traditional mafia? What are you doing to adapt to these discrepancies?
The fact you can't read people's faces and how they talk, only what they type.

Ask people questions and do something after that. I'll read through everything again.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2015, 07:05:00 pm »

Peradon,

I usually pick someone. The reason I picked Teneb was to see what reaction I would get.

They're valid assuming that OSG is conforming to what you read his meta as being, which isn't close to being guaranteed. I dislike arguments based purely on meta, particularly this one, since you're assuming that OSG isn't trying to pull a gambit simply because he hasn't done so yet.
Well, why dont we just ask him?

OSG: Were you playing some kind of gambit when you voted for me?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2015, 07:21:40 pm »

Peradon,

I usually pick someone. The reason I picked Teneb was to see what reaction I would get.

Well, why dont we just ask him?

OSG: Were you playing some kind of gambit when you voted for me?
No, I was not. The fact that you voted the only person who had a vote makes you slightly suspicious to me. My vote on you was RVS to get you to talk.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2015, 08:28:04 pm »

So you are saying that the vote you put on me was in no way serious?

Peradon: you give no reason or question along with this vote, and you also voted someone that already had a vote on them. Why?

That sure sounds like a serious vote to me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22