Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 17010 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2015, 04:56:37 am »

As Tarkhal opens the door to the cathedral, the priest stops and gives a jovial smile. There seems to be only four people inside the cavernous cathedral, including the priest. The three seem to be orderlies and lesser data-punchers. Everyone else is to busy to be in the cathedral.

"Welcome, Acolytes, to the house of the Emperor. Please, sit! Sit! How may this humble servant aid you?" he says mirthfully. The portly old man is wearing a sackcloth robes and a single aquila, starkly contrasting with the opulent backdrop of golden skulls and busts of saints.

(Requisition posts coming in.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2015, 05:12:10 am »

REQUISITION TESTS:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Assign who gets what and who carries the rest.

EDIT: Due to me missing a bonus for items, you actually get a stun-grenade two grenades actually, and a micro-bead.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:56:39 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2015, 05:36:53 am »

"It is a pleasure, priest." Tarkhal said with a smile from his position. "We are here to pray, but also because these companions of mine, humble servants of the Ecclesiarchy, may need appropriate and properly righteous ways to take the Emperor's Light to the darkest recesses of Hive Desoleum."

"Tesera, for example, is a servant of noble birth who still hasn't shied away from her holy duty and fought against the forces of Chaos in her homeworld. Though her planet was lost, her valor was recognized and she was spared, free to continuing to spread the Word."

"Of course we do not intend to ask to borrow symbols of the Holy Emperor and offer nothing in return. Adequate compensation is going to be provided to the Creed, of course. The Ecclesiarchy must fulfill the Emperor's duty but strive to be ever grander in its glory." he then poked Tesera to start a suitably dramatic spiel.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2015, 05:47:56 am »

Eizen had simply remained outside the church. Nicking bits and bobs off of random ecclesiarchy members seemed... Tasteless, though if it was something that could aid in their mission there might at least be some point.

*pop*
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2015, 06:15:37 am »

Taking the opportunity as he spurred Tesera to act, Tarkhal headed back to talk to the courier. "May I use your vox? I need to make that call to arrange something extra for the mission."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2015, 06:22:27 am »

Taking the opportunity as he spurred Tesera to act, Tarkhal headed back to talk to the courier. "May I use your vox? I need to make that call to arrange something extra for the mission."

"Of course, sir."

The courier procures a vox-caster from the void that is his robes and hands it to Tarkhal.
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2015, 06:48:09 am »

"Thanks." After receiving the vox-caster, Tarkhal used one of the codes in his data-slate and moved a bit away from the rest of the group. "Greetings, it's Tarkhal, Tarkhal Daenncet. Yes, it's me you Emperor-unfavored of an illiterate dock worker! May you patch me up to Ferrian? No, you would expect me to readily tell you where I am only if I actually wanted you to know. Yes, I want Ferrian. I have something special to ask of him. Yes, do that now. I can wait. No, I don't want to know about the new fungal infection on your toe, I am sure it will go away if you pray really hard. No, I do not discard the possibility you caught it from rubbing up with lower-hive dregs. Just fetch me Ferrian, would you?" Despite what he was saying, his tone sounded friendly.

"Ferrian! Yes, I'm alive. Yes, yes. It is also great to see you. See, I have a request." His tone became more business-like as the person he was talking to seemed to change. "I can provide you with some more accounting services, but I want some credit in this. Yes, that means I want some discount on what I am about to ask. Or, more accurately, the real value since I just know someone is going to try and rip me off. Of course I have the resources. [... ...] Yes, more favors for you in exchange for an actually good deal. No, nothing 'very well-used', that is your wording for 'falling apart' instead of 'ancient'. What? No. I want it in perfect working order, I have enough damaged equipment as it is, and having something shiny and working perfectly would be a welcome change. Ferrian, you are killing me. You know that is still too high a price. Try something lower. Yes, I swear I will take care of all of the next batch of scrolls and random data you send me. No, I do not even consider telling your wife about how much you spend with rotgut..." And so it went on.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:50:06 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2015, 07:00:27 am »

Commerce roll: 74/40+20+10 fail. 1 DoF

Despite your closeness, you still fail to strike a deal. You were close though.
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2015, 07:08:58 am »

Tarkhal seemed moderately miffed as he continued to talk. "Ferrian, you son of a grox. No, by the Emperor. Do not give me that or I will hope you catch the same foot-fungus Marcabei just told me he has. Yes, the one which has a red cap growing all over his toe. Yes, it is disgusting. Come on, you know I always helped you get some good deals and this time it isn't just about me, there is more involved. No, I am not telling. No, it is not my mother. No, I am not trying to impress some rich lady, are you insane?!"

"Yes, that would help. Please re-check the numbers, I will help you crack them through the vox."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:19:19 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2015, 07:15:46 am »

Tarkhal uses a Fate point to reroll.

Commerce roll: 40/40+20+10 success. 4 DoS.

Your request is ready and mobilized on Desoleum. The movement of such has alerted the locals who are interested in such. (subtlety roll) Fortunately, Ferrian did not use your real name, only referring to you as the 'son of a grox', among other monikers.
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2015, 07:35:00 am »

"Welcome, Acolytes, to the house of the Emperor. Please, sit! Sit! How may this humble servant aid you?" he says mirthfully. The portly old man is wearing a sackcloth robes and a single aquila, starkly contrasting with the opulent backdrop of golden skulls and busts of saints.

Tesera bows.
"As my companion has said, we are simply here to pray. However, if you have anything that would allow us to bring the light of the Emperor with us into the dark hive, it would be greatly appreciated."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2015, 02:45:47 pm »

As Tarkhal finished up the deal, he waved the courier closer and gave him a piece of parchment with the items they needed from the cathedral. "Please give this to Miss Tesera." he asked politely before returning to his conversation with the merchant on the other side of the line.
Spoiler: OOC, the parchment (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2015, 02:50:12 pm »

Aelia looked around the cathedral, heading towards the main pupit without a word before taking a knee.

She shut her eyes and clenched a fist around her aquila-in-shell-casing. The Cathedral was cool and quiet - clean compared to the rest of the ship. She could almost feel the presence of the Emperor - the faint feeling of being guided, watched, by He-on-Terra.

Emperor, guide my hand.
Strengthen me, so I may scour the heretic, the infidel, from Your worlds...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2015, 05:52:20 pm »

The priest scratches his chin. "And what would that be? Surely it isn't my blessing, no, or a flashlight. I'm savvy to the ways Acolytes are. They usually mistake my humble place of worship as an armory." The priest gives a small hmph, but after realizing the two women were a Ministorum priestess and an adept of the Sororitas, his expression relents.

"But what you do is in service to the Emperor. All have their own ways to worship. Tell me what it is you need."

As if on que, the courier slips into the room with a piece of parchment in his hands. He hands it to Tesera, does the sign of the aquila, and scurries off.
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2015, 05:56:02 pm »

"I thank you sincerely for your kindness. I swear that whatever we take will be used in His name."

Tesera reads off the list, as politely as she could.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20