Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 17007 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2015, 06:01:38 pm »

You can do a charm test along with IC text to get a bonus for Tarkhal's requisitioning.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2015, 06:06:18 pm »

"A brazier of the Emperor's Holy Fire will be a great aid. As would various Iconography of the Emperor for our armor, to ask for His protection. 2 Braziers of Saint Roberto would be the final item we ask of you, good priest of the Emperor."
Charm Test!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2015, 06:15:02 pm »

Charm test: 56/30+20 fail. 1 DoF.

The priest is still willing, but his impression of you still hasn't changed. You can try again at a -10 to the next try, spend a fate point, or just let Tarkhal requisition.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2015, 06:57:12 pm »

Using Fate Point.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 07:02:51 pm »

Charm test reroll: 14/30+20 success. 5 DoS.

The priest is touched by the politeness, something many other acolytes lack. You gain +10 to requisitioning the items.

REQUISITION TEST:

Devotional iconography: autosuccess. Tech use to install or find someone to install for you.

Two Braziers of Saint Roberto: autosuccess. Same as above.

Brazier of Holy Fire: 49/25-20+10 fail. 4 DoF.
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2015, 07:04:04 pm »

"Thank you for providing what you could, good Priest. We will make use of it in His name."
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2015, 09:18:45 pm »

Tarkhal returned, looking slightly spent after making his deal. He gave the vox-caster back to the courier and shuffled back into the cathedral, dropping to his knees on the pews and offering two brief prayers to the Emperor: one thanking Him on Earth for what he had provided so far and another asking for continued favor from His most holy powers. "And just like in the Void and in the Empyrean You guard us from harm, protect and favor us beyond the limits of a ship. Holy both in the stars and on the ground, may Your power grant me strength. So may it be."

With that done, he approached the old-looking priest after noticing not everything had been granted. "Hello once more, faithful priest. Since there's no prize without equivalent remuneration and the brazier is a respected armory item, might I interest you in further assistance to the work of faith? Not only my friend but all of us would benefit from having guiding fires held high. Here." he pulled out his data-slate and began to crack some numbers. "What do you think..."
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2015, 09:25:37 pm »

Commerce test: 51/40+20 success. 2 DoS. vs Willpower test: 96/45 fail. 5 DoF.

You gain +10 to requisition test for the Brazier. The priest seems pleased with what was on the dataslate, and has used his authority to loosen up some red tape in handing the brazier over.

Who rolls requisition? Tarkhal or Tesera?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:27:40 pm by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2015, 11:52:23 pm »

"It is good to see this is of your interest. Now, let us see if we our ideas of the final negotiation and outcome match as well as our initial dealings." Tarkhal then ran the purchase after noticing the deal seemed to have gotten substantially better for his side even if by a small margin, trying to take advantage of the fact there was less red tape to cut through to acquire the item they needed.

Next time he really should consider asking about an item without "holy" in the name, but the only time he ever saw a holy brazier he actually felt like it was an inspiring relic with its flickering flames instead of something fabricated.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:14:14 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2015, 01:56:58 am »

The items requisitioned earlier are delivered to you and distributed. The priest has returned to his sermon about dying for the Emperor. The courier looks frantic and impatient, softly stamping his feet while everyone changes into their new clothes.

Suddenly, the courier goes slack and his eyes go blank. His mouth opens wide. "Acolytes. Proceed to your designated shuttle. Your assignment is underway. Do not delay."

Despite the static overcling, you can somewhat tell it is a differeng voice thab the one earlier. When control is returned to the courier, he seems out of breath. It seems it is taxing or otherwise inconvenient for him when that happens. Anyway, he seems more concerned in getting you to the shuttle bay.
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2015, 02:00:23 am »

REQUISITION FOR BRAZIER:

Requisition test: 62/25-20+20 fail. 4 DoF.

You still fail to acquire the Brazier of Holy Fire.
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2015, 02:27:28 am »

Tarkhal quickly hid somewhere to change and did so with remarkable speed for someone who had to get used to dressing in finer clothing. His new attire kept the gray and steel blue color theme, with the remarkable difference that despite the fact it could readily replace his cheaper cloak it made his figure much more presentable.

The bulk of the stormtrooper carapace still made him look larger than he was, but the clothes' better make meant it concealed the state of his suit of armor better whilst still making him look appropriate as a retainer in a high-class environment thanks to the detailed trimming and details that gave the whole ensemble a venerable and cultured look. Armor wasn't uncommon in the occasionally-riotous recesses of a hive, even for scribes, meaning he wouldn't be unconspicuous. "Anyone still unused to shuttle trips? I could give a few tips on that." he inquired as he prepared to follow the courier to the bay without hesitation.
>Yes?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2015, 05:23:31 am »

Tesera quickly put on the higher class garb, having been used to such clothing already. If possible, she had the guard flak underneath - don't want to be caught off guard.
She then went to the shuttle.
((I'd describe the clothing, but I don't know what the high-class clothes of this hive look like))
Sigtext!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2015, 12:15:09 pm »

Elodie ducked into a convenient alcove to pull the fancy clothing over her bodysuit. Even if the guard-issued armor would be too bulky to conceal, at least she'd have some manner of protection.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »

It took a while to finish the Litany of Faith and Scourging.
Once she had done so, much like the others, she dressed in the clothes she was given - they were fancier than what she was used to.
She doubted the carapace would not be obvious underneath her robes. She tried it anyway.

If it was not too obvious, she wore it under her robes - if it was, she simply wore the retainer clothes over her bodyglove, and packed her carapace in her backpack.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20