Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 17008 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2015, 05:27:46 pm »

Eizen wore his armor fairly openly. He was 'security' this time around, anyway. Stupid security.
At least the clothes didn't catch, but he still didn't like the look of them. Stupid clothes.

*pop*

Do what Acolytes do.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2015, 05:37:37 pm »

The warband finds their own nooks and crannies to change in. Most wear their new clothes over their armor, giving them a bulky look. Closer up, it was obvious they were wearing armor. Still, it is definitely not uncommon to wear protection. Aelia takes her carapace off and wears her clothing over her bodyglove. Eizen doesn't bother changing, preferring to showcase his arms and armor.

The courier gives a sigh of relief as you all finally head down to the shuttlebay. Your's is prepped and ready, and the courier straps you all in. He does the sign of the aquila and bids you good luck as the shuttle descends into the black of space.

The ride is fine and smooth. At least it was, until you entered the atmosphere. By then it felt like every shake and bump was some important piece of the shuttle bursting into flames. After what felt like eternity, the repulsor engines grind the shuttle to a halt as it lands in Port Gyre.

Stepping outside, Port Gyre is one of the rare places in the hive not dominated by a plasteel and rockcrete sky, though the view isn't much better. Sanctionaries, the local enforcers in Desoleum, patrol the port, looking first and foremost for those wishing to escape their oaths unfulfilled. The numerous port workers, clerks, and even the menials are clearly accepting bribes so that business 'goes smoothly'.

None of this is your concern however. Your concern is in the Apex where the nobility resides.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2015, 05:40:13 pm »

"So, I believe we should begin by reaching our accommodations?" Tesera says.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »

"Sounds like a good idea."
The circle is complete.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2015, 05:58:44 pm »

Aelia ignored the others talking for a moment, leaning against a nearby wall with one hand. She closed her eyes as she tried to control her churning stomach. The flight had felt like it had taken forever... and it as if the pilot had been having a fit for every moment of it. The sole other flight in a shuttle she'd had had been much smoother.

She pushed her glasses back up her nose from where they'd slid with her leaning over and straightened up. She had to give a strong impression to the others.
"Yes, that sounds like a suitable action."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2015, 07:43:08 pm »

Tarkhal had discreetly inched towards Aelia, rubbing his chin. As a voidborn, all of the hellish noise and shaking that came with shuttle trips was already something he was used to so he couldn't relate to the mudsloggers' suffering. He could at least be prepared to offer some help if it happened to be necessary - he had, after all, said he'd give anyone tips for the shuttle trip but no one had wanted to hear them...

"Yes, we should head to our accommodations with the utmost haste." the scribe effusively agreed after noticing Aelia seemed to be toughing it out just fine, and sounding happier than he should as he said that.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2015, 07:56:58 pm »

"Indeed. At the least, I need to begin examining it for potential security leaks, and sealing any I do find."

This said, Gar looks hard at the various shuttles, air cars, and similar that are in attendance, naming make and model in his head, along with dredging up what he knows of their inner workings.

"Ah... Does anyone happen to know if those we are attempting to be viewed as would use a shuttle? Or, for that matter, if one would be given to us to use by the Inquisitor? If not, we may wish to procure one..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2015, 10:14:46 pm »

"Funny you should mention that. Shuttles are obviously not the best choice in a place like this, where wide spaces suddenly turn into claustrophobic alleys." Tarkhal shook his head slightly, either because he believed hives to be similar to ships or simply because he had a terrible image of the former. It was hard to tell when dealing with someone who had lived their entire life in a ship and favored it above everything else. "But I did procure a vehicle while we were at the ship. Now, if you will excuse me I will fetch our means of transportation to our accommodations. Stay tight."

The scribe then promptly walked - nearly skipped - away from the group, happier than a recaf-addicted puppy who had just sniffed a barrel full of the stuff. Some minutes after his disappearance, even amidst the chaos of sounds and smells of the port, the roar of a rocket engine began to get clearer. Before it got much higher, the source of the noise made an abrupt turn around a pile of crates and stopped right in front of the acolyte warband: a black skimmer - a land speeder, even - proudly floated before them, the thrumming of its anti-grav systems nearly non-existent compared to the soft growl of its idling rear thrusters, smaller vanes and larger maneuvering wings correcting its position as it halted. It had no weapons, of course, since it was the version sold to civilians.

From the pilot seat, Tarkhal waved for his companions to get inside. Besides the seat he was taking, there was the co-pilot's one and five more seats behind them. "We do have to look the part." he commented with a very wide smile obscured by his hood and the carapace's mask. He loved grav technology.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:35:49 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2015, 10:35:14 pm »

Elodie grinned, first time any of the acolytes had seen her do so.

"Shotcannon!" She leapt into the front seat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2015, 10:53:39 pm »

Eizen's memory flipped back Tarkhal speaking on the Vox outside the church... Was that when he'd arranged this?

"Nicely done indeed. Something like this couldn't have been easy to acquire."

Still, he didn't much like the racket it was making. Stupid noise.
The circle is complete.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2015, 05:42:46 am »

Tesera would sit in the front, in the seat not occupied by Tarkhal. "I think the one intended to be seen as nobility should be in front, no?"

EDIT for Logic: Tesera takes a seat in the back.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 06:33:35 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2015, 07:01:15 am »

"An interesting vehicle. Some civilian form of the Land's Speeder, a Storm? It shall prove interesting to provide maintenance to it. I trust that you have documentation on the proper rituals for this craft aboard that I may read during the journey?"

Gar climbs into the craft, into the seat directly behind Tarkal, after loading his crate of equipment in first.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2015, 07:18:37 am »

Emperor have mercy, more vehicles. Hopefully this would be a bit more... calm.

She climbed in, sitting on the nearest empty seat.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2015, 07:36:40 am »

Eizen sighs and hops into a back seat. More wind protection that way. Stupid wind.

The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2015, 07:55:19 am »

With everyone inside, Tarkhal smiled once more and made the land speeder return to hovering about two meters from the ground before speeding off towards their mid-hive lodging - within speed limits, of course. "So worth it." he commented quietly, almost on the verge of tears like a teenager who has just bought a sportscar as their first vehicle. He believed the land speeder was a true beauty, a simultaneously elegant and practical grav-vehicle.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20