Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]  (Read 9902 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 09:45:28 pm »

Spoiler: Race: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character: (click to show/hide)
Can the worms survive without a host? Can they kill parts of the brain of their host (ideally the parts associated with pain)?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:47:15 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 08:17:45 am »

Also, bad news. Maybe. :p

I have to drop out of this game. Sorry. I'm playing way too many forum games atm right now, is all, to start another. Should be no problem, you have plenty of applicants.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 08:39:10 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 09:30:57 am »

I think you spent 6 points there.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 11:34:51 am »

I think you spent 6 points there.
Actually... he "IS" the mentioned suit of armour, so I don't think it needs another mention in the inventory section. I doubt he plans to play a suit of armour, which is also wearing another suit of armour overneath. Though I'd actually find such an arrangement rather interesting.

Bloodvines are good; I enjoy massive carnivorous plants as much as the next guy. I also like the visual description, and the idea of a plant doing alchemy using other plants. Definitely would fill an interesting niche in any monstrous community. All of the numbers check out now.

Well, in a sense bloodvines already "domesticate" their lesser brethren, by warping them into their hunting gauntlets / entrapments. Non-magical plants also have far less of a mind then, say, most animals that humans consume..
Yeah, I'm actually reasoning that in this light, it is far less interesting than you might think. ;o
Here is hope this doesn't backfire on me; *knocks on wood* ;3
Now, using fully sentient plants, like treants, dryads and the like, that just might be taboo to bloodvines. Though I guess it would also strongly depend on the alignment of the plant-to-be-used, and even more, if it needs to be permanently or seriously harmed, if not killed for the recipe.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 12:28:19 pm »

Time for another post to check up on sheets. I expect to get the game rolling later tonight.

-snip-
I think it's actually going to pretty well balanced. You'll have an easy start in terms of corrupting the local settlement, but I think that will trade off later with difficulties protecting your rat servants.

-snip-
There won't be more than six characters to start, though I may add more later. Your character's big advantage right now is that the gameplay would be quite different from most of the others, since you seem more focused on the nightborn community than on its enemies. A little more backstory, and a physical description, would really buff up this sheet.

-snip-
Looks good to me. A little sparse on detail, but there isn't much to be said about a giant bat I suppose.

-snip-
Reminds me of Cordyceps, my favorite genus of fungus. :) Unless you have any objections, you'd be starting out without a host. It'll probably mean a slow start for you, and a careful one, but your character has so much space for progression as it moves from host to host that it only seems fair that the start is a bit rough.

-snip-
Looks good. I like the fact that the rapier has a clear origin.

-snip-
I rolled a weight of 110 pounds for you, which is an incredibly hefty set of armor (full plate would be about 50, but that's below your weight class). No need to include your armor in your inventory, since it is you. I you find a way to occupy a new suit of armor, or are modified by some other character, it will simply alter your description. Other than that, all is good.

Also, bad news. Maybe. :p

I have to drop out of this game. Sorry. I'm playing way too many forum games atm right now, is all, to start another. Should be no problem, you have plenty of applicants.
This saddens me deeply. But I understand, and I'd rather you make this decision now than after the game starts. Do you mind if your race becomes an accepted race anyway? There may be one or two running around a settlement if that's the case.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 01:58:51 pm »

I'm fine with starting out without a Host, lets me rp from a different viewpoint than normal.

You're talking about that fungus that infects ants right? It was sliiiightly inspired by that, a touch of mindflayer, and toxiplasmosis.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 02:06:34 pm »

This saddens me deeply. But I understand, and I'd rather you make this decision now than after the game starts. Do you mind if your race becomes an accepted race anyway? There may be one or two running around a settlement if that's the case.

No problem with that.

It's just I'm running two forum games and playing...another half dozen, I think? Is too much forum. I confuse. hel..p...m..e...^!!*1@
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 02:44:21 pm »

Roger dodger.
I'll have that done once I get past this stupid goddamn writer's block that I spontaneously get all the time

Ayy, fixed! why was that so hard
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:07:09 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 06:53:15 pm »

Accepted (In alphabetical order)
  (Speaker) – Kevak
Alicia (Bloodless) – MrVoid
Hadrius (Harbinger) – Pencil_Art
Larek (Orc) – Sentient Bowtie
Shwarak (God-Rat) – Harry Baldman
Thornwhip (Bloodvine) – escaped lurker

Waitlist (In submission order)
Ak' Baldur, Lord of Laments (Lesser terror) – Tomcost
Itudal the Foul (Giant bat) – Ama
Pacem (Wisp) – ATHATH
NOTE: The order in which you arrive in game will not necessarily be the order on the waitlist. It is possible that a particular niche will need to be filled, or that I will allow the current players to recruit from off the waitlist. That being said, I will give preference to the order of the waitlist to the greatest degree possible.

Setting Out

The six of you stand around a wizened vampire, the leader of the nightborn community turning you away. He seemed genuinely reluctant to do so, especially for Alicia (though he didn’t look upset to see Thornwhip leave, and was in fact giving the hulking plant creature a very wide berth). It wasn’t so much that you were being turned away as a group; you had all straggled in individually, looking for a place to call home, and all been told that there simply was not any more space. But you now found yourselves in very strange company: a parasitic worm, a vengeful thrall, a magical suit of armor, a peaceful (or at least less violent) orc, an eldritch rat, and a hulking plant thing that would remind you vaguely of the human form if you felt the desire to look at it long enough to tell. You would surely keep the company of some of these creatures, though likely not all, as you set off for locations with available spaces.

”I am sorry that we cannot expand to fit you here, but I know of a few minor settlements which surely have space. Rinsala is near a human settlement, and is mostly trolls from what I’ve heard. Trolls are… very spiritual creatures. I’ve heard Rinsala does not have a government, but instead meets regularly to ask spirits to guide their journey… Nice caves though. Hear the more important trolls get caves all to themselves. Whatever an important troll is…

Bulurtz on the other hand, that is a well-run settlement. They have an orc boss there, Obash’gor. Real bastard of an orc, runs a tight ship. The nearby dwarves do as well though. Tensions are getting higher there than most settlements. Can’t share a cave system too long without there being encounters, and escalation.

The other vacancies I’ve heard of are at Golagd. Run by kobolds! I tell you, who has ever heard of kobolds running anything? I think it’s that human, Apul the Sadist, that’s in charge. Not sure I want to be around when he gets into an… experimental mood, but at least it deters anyone harassing the kobolds. And I like ruins, reminds that everything dies eventually, but some come back full of nightborn.

If you’d like I can ask around for other vacancies, but these are the outposts that need nightborn most desperately.”

Decide which settlement you would like to leave for. Not everyone has to leave for the same location, and being the only player at a location is acceptable. You can ask the vampire as many questions as you’d like, as well as discussing amongst yourselves. Bear in mind, your character probably will not get along with all of the other characters at first, and this is both acceptable and encouraged.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2015, 07:05:44 pm »

Larek shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He hadn't expected rejection, but he understood completely. It wasn't anyone's fault, anyway.
"You say this Bulurtz is a... Tight ship? I don't believe I understand."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:00:33 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 07:18:17 pm »

((I would assume I'm in some sort of Host, due to the fact that I can hear the guy talking. That or he's a telepath.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 07:27:32 pm »

((How close was I to being one of the chosen ones?))

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 07:38:10 pm »

Larek shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He hadn't expected rejection, but he understood completely. It wasn't anyone's fault, anyway.
"You say this Bulurtz is a... Tight ship? I don't believe I understand."
The vampire appeared to be trying to be very political, a state which does not come naturally to all of their species. "Well, that is to say, he is just very precise. Likes to keep people... ordered. Understandable really, what with the dwarves so close. I just, like to leave a little more up to the individuals. We have, different leadership styles."

((I would assume I'm in some sort of Host, due to the fact that I can hear the guy talking. That or he's a telepath.))
((Yeah, you can assume a weak/dying host that is letting you get through the traveling/talking. It'll be shortly after you arrive that you are forced to vacate and search for a new host.))

((How close was I to being one of the chosen ones?))
((You were very close. I like your character, and in a different group I might have chosen yours over some that were chosen for this group. But I like the group that we have right now. I am very optimistic about getting you in the game, hopefully not too far into it. I anticipate having time to do so. I'll just have to see where people go and what roles are missing from the different regions.))

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:13:32 pm by Urist Arrhenius »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 07:45:27 pm »

"Ordered... You mean that, did I not already have a profession, I would be given one at his discretion?"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:58:27 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10