Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]  (Read 9865 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2015, 05:54:07 am »

At the time of least activity (night if kobolds are diurnal, day if nocturnal) look around for interesting things to check out. Any alcohol stockpiled in this settlement?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2015, 09:07:37 am »

A tranquil little clearing, all to herself. Not a bad arrangement, or so the bloodvine decided. It would not stay much of a clearing, nor very tranquil to anyone but her for long, but for now it would have to suffice in its current state.

Feeling a tinge of hunger, drew her thoughts back to the nodeworm's host - and her appetite for sapient flesh. This matter, and her craft, called for her to explore the surrounding forest, but the possibility of stumbling into elven lands by chance, urged her to caution.

After hiding away her alchemy utensils inside a particular overgrown pile of rubble, she set out back to the village. If the kobolds were rearing livestock, she had not seen it yet. Even then, as the two paths indicated, they were gathering and hunting in the nearby forest. Talking to them, should yield the information that she sought.

Thornwhip planned to spend her night gathering information about the forest. How far reached the influence of kobold and elves, were there other known threats in the forest, any rivers or lakes nearby?

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2015, 12:22:30 pm »

"Hmm... There is less space than I would have preferred... but it should do for now. Perhaps I could have my forge on the outside instead..."
Musing to himself, Larek deposits his knapsack, pickax and tools in the closet area and inspects the outside of the dome.
You find it is heavily cracked, and towards the center there is a sizeable hole in it, large enough for a person to fit through but only barely. It will leak, there's no question about it.

"Immediately Lord.  Are you in need of anything else?"
"Nothing is more pressing than acquiring more specimens."

Hadrian deposits his valuables (his pouch with a few gold pieces inside) inside his new home. He attempts to lift the rubble outside.
The smaller sections of rubble you can lift easily, but the larger intact slabs would require assistance.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »

"This is troubling... perhaps I could build a makeshift roof out of large leaves..."

Larek thinks on this for a minute, and then searches around the dome for any large, loose stones.
Black lives matter.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2015, 12:45:59 pm »

Look for a collar of some sort and check on the status of his food supply before leaving.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2015, 10:00:47 pm »

"This is troubling... perhaps I could build a makeshift roof out of large leaves..."

Larek thinks on this for a minute, and then searches around the dome for any large, loose stones.
Loose stone is fairly plentiful, but everything in the immediate vicinity is small.

Look for a collar of some sort and check on the status of his food supply before leaving.
You don't find any collar, and it looks like the food stores are low, though there's enough meat and fruits to last three or so more days, if Apul is the only one eating it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2015, 10:07:18 pm »

"Also troubling."

Larek decides that, once tomorrow is today, he will head to the nearest group of plants and look for any with beeg leaves.
For now, he returns to the dome and sits in the center area.

((Major (day-long) actions shall be the bolded from now on.))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:22:47 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2015, 10:18:48 pm »

"Also troubling."

Larek heads to the nearest group of plants and looks for any with beeg leaves.
((Might I suggest setting this up as a task for the coming day, i.e. Look for large leaves and then patch the roof with them. The purpose of small actions is more to do things like taking stock of your immediate surroundings so you can decide what needs to be done.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2015, 10:22:58 pm »

((Noted.))
Black lives matter.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2015, 11:30:44 pm »

Check for sedatives.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2015, 11:44:13 am »

Check for sedatives.
You find a small bundle of herbs tied up by twine on a desk nearby, and when you pick it up you hear the Sadist say, "Light it and hold your breath."

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2015, 12:55:55 pm »

"Thank you for the concern Lord." Alicia grabs something to light up the sedatives and heads to the nearest elven graveyard. If they cremate their dead, hide outside of a smallish trade route.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2015, 05:41:49 pm »

((I need a day-long action from Pencil_Art. Otherwise the turn is written.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »

Hadrian inquires about the reach of kobold and other species's territories, any conflicts arising from such, and if any things need doing around the kobold town.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]