Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]  (Read 9895 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Nightborn [RP/RPG]
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 12:19:59 pm »

It looks like you spent an extra point, but I really like it. I'd recommend changing the plant creature to just be fire vulnerability. Your size and thorns should give you a fairly large advantage in combat without any special trait related to resisting physical attacks.

That I did - somehow thought we had 4 starting points. Either way, fixed it now, added some more fluff and also finished the draft for my character.

Should any of the two still need work or clarification, please do tell.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 12:57:03 pm »

I'm definitely still accepting and encouraging sheets, but I figured I'd write down my thoughts on all of the sheets so far.

-snip-
Your sheet is good: all of the skills balance out and the description is detailed. Your also the only eldritch being to have applied so far (I wonder what derm is up to...). My only comment would be that your description could include something about your character's interest in necromancy.

-snip-
Monster type is good, only small note is that by choosing the undead presence you automatically get the undead aesthetic, but that's minor and I can throw that in when sheets get compiled. I look forward to seeing a character.

-snip-
Bloodvines are good; I enjoy massive carnivorous plants as much as the next guy. I also like the visual description, and the idea of a plant doing alchemy using other plants. Definitely would fill an interesting niche in any monstrous community. All of the numbers check out now.

-snip-
All of the numbers work out. I like the hulking brute type, and you've got some magic in there for flavor. I'm gonna warn you that without any presence or aesthetic to make you appealing to other nightborn your character might see less in the way of positive interactions at first. This isn't a complaint about your sheet, and in fact I think it'll make for interesting character development, I just want to make sure you know that many of your potential allies will assume you have little to bring to any conversations because you are an enchanted suit of armor. Then again, until your character gains a reputation your prey will also just be confused as to why there's a suit of armor walking around.

-snip-
I think the extreme vulnerability to light is going to make this creature rather fragile despite it's massive size, but the sheet looks good and it will be interesting to see a character sheet.

-snip-
Race: You automatically get the undead aesthetic because you have that presence, but that doesn't change anything else about the monster type. I think you spent 1 too many points though; you have 5 positive traits and only get one point refunded for your size, leading to four points spent. I'd like to see a little more description on what a wisp looks like; even though it seems you're going off of a fairly standard model it'd be good to know more precisely what you're envisioning.
Character: Because you're incorporeal there's no need to have any mass at all. Your height should be rolled, but it could be within a fairly narrow range (i.e. 1-3 in. diameter). I like the backstory, though I'd again like a little more physical description. Your magic skill should be slightly more specific; nobody is adept at all magic. And you can assume a nondescript container for carrying things around without spending a point on it.

-snip-
I like both the race and character. All of the number check out, and you're right that it's very creative. Similar to Pencil_Art you may not be accepted very quickly by some nightborn, but that won't be impossible to fix. You'll also serve a pretty particular role it seems, so you'll get along fine.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 01:00:10 pm »

Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Probably going to need a balance pass on this, but I don't foresee too many issues, do you, GM?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:32:51 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 01:11:08 pm »

I'm definitely still accepting and encouraging sheets, but I figured I'd write down my thoughts on all of the sheets so far.

-snip-
Your sheet is good: all of the skills balance out and the description is detailed. Your also the only eldritch being to have applied so far (I wonder what derm is up to...). My only comment would be that your description could include something about your character's interest in necromancy.

Okay, added it! The interest of the Lord of Laments in Necromancy is purely practical. It is just a means for a sinister end.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 01:18:26 pm »

I'll write one up shortly.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 01:23:06 pm »

Edited. Character this evening.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 01:55:31 pm »

Is there a possibility of more than six characters?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:06:43 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 03:11:36 pm »

I removed an ability, but I'd still like to keep the weight (for magical attacks). I specialized his schools of magic. Despite being undead, can I have a normal presence?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 03:20:22 pm »

Spoiler: Itudal the Foul (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 03:37:01 pm »

Harry, I think your character and mine are going to get along very well together.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 04:28:47 pm »

Spoiler: Race: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:31:09 pm by Kevak »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 05:40:02 pm »

Unreserve me. There's no way I can compete with so many people.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 05:44:02 pm »

Unreserve me. There's no way I can compete with so many people.
There are still plenty of niches which have not been explored, and time to submit a sheet if you'd like. But I can understand if you don't want to.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 06:11:32 pm »

Name:Alicia
Race:Bloodless
Height:5ft
Weight135lbs
Description:Pale as the moon and thin as a rod, like the entirety of her race, Alicia maintains an immaculate if disturbing appearance.  She was accidentally sired by a young vampire noble who got a little overzealous in a tryst with an enslaved maid.  Alicia rejected the transformation wholeheartedly, retaining her sentience without her life.  She maintained the appearance of complete subservience until she poisoned the blood of the Grand Sire, leading to a schism in the brood.  During the resulting chaos she cut the heart out of the young noble who sired her and fled.
Skills
Acrobatics:
Deception:
Poisons:
Inventory
Dagger
Jeweled Rapier (stolen)
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 08:28:41 pm »

Okay, I'm going to reduce the size of the Harbingers and add a positive trait. It's hard to hide when you're a good meter higher then everyone else in town.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10