Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: You are a Noble of High Rock (Elder Scrolls SG)  (Read 7791 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Noble of High Rock (Elder Scrolls SG)
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 08:01:16 pm »

Well, isn't that interesting. If the Guild still exists in any sort of official capacity, we might be able to set up a teleportation destination linked to the other chapters.

Which would mean both power and money for us. Unfortunately I think we're not skilled enough to really hold our own as a Mage Guild Steward. We're probably one of the top mages in the county right now, but my impression is that that's not saying very much. I think we're going to need to make a dedicated effort to improve our skills.

If this is after the White Gold Concordat, though, we have no guarantee that these really are part of the Order of the Lamp. Out in the hinterlands with no actual knights to call them out on it and an unconcerned lord not bothering to investigate, posing as members of a knightly order could be very convenient for bandits.

Maybe.But they apparently captured a shrine, didn't kill anybody, and the primary problem they're causing is that they're not letting the priest do his shrine duties. That doesn't sound very bandity tome.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 09:18:04 pm »

I definetly agree to having a sit down with the Commander of these Knights and our Priests. Maybe we can get them to stay if they investigate the noises at the abandoned tower. Their mission will be to find what's making the noise and silence it.

Ask about our uncles past relations with other lords and how he managed the land. (To the overseer of course)

We should also tour our land with our merchant friend and the overseer. Ask them what can be done to improve the wealth in this land.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 10:14:34 pm »

Clarifications:
Notharth is a vassal of Count Lacroux.
The Mage's Guild is still disbanded. The game is set in the same timeframe as Skyrim (the game). We thus wouldn't have a rank in the MG.
Lacroux's own estate is much larger than our fief as it extends into the mountains in the east. Most of that however is only nominally ruled due to the Reachmen.
And Lacroux's wife would inherit Dames. Made a mistake there. Blame the lack of coffee. He would still have access to her County's resources however. The County of Dames is near the current site of Orsinium; four counties away. The County north of us is ruled by Lowen Lightbreeze.

Ask about our uncles past relations with other lords and how he managed the land. (To the overseer of course)

"Well, my lord, as I said your uncle often spent time with the Count. He also spent quite a bit of time with the Dalyions, including their father before he passed. Notharth and him got into a dispute he would never tell me about so I can't say much of it. Your uncle also spent some time speaking with the orc warchief, Otha Lambgul down south; Detwyx was often busy...as you can imagine. As for the land...well as I said, he usually left the land in my custody. He was not here often and I had to send messages to the Count's court every time I needed something done. Your uncle always wanted to approve everything I did."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:19 pm »

Year 1: 1/4

[5]You send a letter to Count Lacroix stating that while you would like to meet him, you are busy securing your fief. You receive a reply a week after stating that you have until Autumn [3/4] of the year to meet him at his castle. The letter goes on to say that he is currently fighting Reachmen and that while he would like to see you sooner, he to is busy at this time.
[4]You send a message to Countess Lowen Lightbreeze. She sends a curt reply congratulating you on your inheritance and stating that you are welcome to come to her feast in the winter [4/4].
[3]You arrange to meet with this so-called Order of the Lamp for dinner. A message soon arrives accepting and when the time comes, you are graciously welcomed into the Shrine for dinner. It soon becomes apparent why the Order would not let the priest perform his dutues: they've turned the shrines into dinner tables and chopped up some of the furniture for firewood and other conveniences. [Actions pertaining to this will not count towards the Action limit].

[?]By Summer, Soril has quickly built up his abode at the edge of town. It's nearly the size of your own manor, not including the other structures he's building in town. Mostly warehouses although he tells you he's also building up a few shops and is even thinking about investing in the mine. He hasn't made any offers to you yet, but you hear he has been talking to local craftsmen. Quite a few of your subjects have been hired to help Soril set up his business. Soril also tells you he's planning to bring in a few workers to help his operations here.

[3 Actions may be taken per season, of which there are 4 per year. ]

Spoiler: Known Issues (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Arkwick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Finances (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personnel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beren Hawkcroft (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 12:02:39 am »

(Doh. I wanted to meet with the knights at Our place. Meeting at the shrine puts us at a disadvantage)

Spring:

Take a good look at the Knights over dinner, and try to appraise both the character and combat ability of each. Enjoy the dinner peacefully, this is now an intelligence gathering mission. After dinner, ask our bodyguards what they think of the knights; They might be better judges than us in this regard. Further action will depend on what we learn.

---

Summer:

Speak with Soril; Tell him to focus his attention on the food supply before bringing in too many workers, while stressing that we will be working on building a guard/militia. We have big plans for the fief, plans that can make us both rich, but we can't afford to expand too aggressively while the food situation isn't great, and we can't afford to build great wealth without men-at-arms to guard it. Ask his opinion on the state of the fief, and listen to his ideas and input. Lastly, ask him to estimate the cost of importing proper wizard lab equipment for installation in your manor.

Send a message out to the citizens of your fief: The Great lord Beren Hawkcroft seeks from his people an apprentice to study the magical arts under him. Any person, free or serf, age 16 or younger, may present his or herself at the lords manor to be appraised for the role. We will accept applicants all summer, and choose one or two lucky winners sometime in the fall. Hopefully we get a decent pool of noteworthy potential apprentices.

Action Reserved for building a new home for the knights or shrine for the villagers based on the results of our dinner meeting.

Action Reserved for some sort of militia-building and/or expelling the knights based on the results of the dinner meeting.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 12:13:28 am »

(Doh. I wanted to meet with the knights at Our place. Meeting at the shrine puts us at a disadvantage)

Spring:

Take a good look at the Knights over dinner, and try to appraise both the character and combat ability of each. Enjoy the dinner peacefully, this is now an intelligence gathering mission. After dinner, ask our bodyguards what they think of the knights; They might be better judges than us in this regard. Further action will depend on what we learn.

---

Summer:

Speak with Soril; Tell him to focus his attention on the food supply before bringing in too many workers, while stressing that we will be working on building a guard/militia. We have big plans for the fief, plans that can make us both rich, but we can't afford to expand too aggressively while the food situation isn't great, and we can't afford to build great wealth without men-at-arms to guard it. Ask his opinion on the state of the fief, and listen to his ideas and input. Lastly, ask him to estimate the cost of importing proper wizard lab equipment for installation in your manor.

Send a message out to the citizens of your fief: The Great lord Beren Hawkcroft seeks from his people an apprentice to study the magical arts under him. Any person, free or serf, age 16 or younger, may present his or herself at the lords manor to be appraised for the role. We will accept applicants all summer, and choose one or two lucky winners sometime in the fall. Hopefully we get a decent pool of noteworthy potential apprentices.

Action Reserved for building a new home for the knights or shrine for the villagers based on the results of our dinner meeting.

Action Reserved for some sort of militia-building and/or expelling the knights based on the results of the dinner meeting.

+1

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 02:10:20 am »

Spring:

---

Summer:

+1
+1

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2015, 12:27:00 am »

Year 1: 2/4

Order of the Lamp
[1,1,6] You are seated with three knights of the order. Opposite to you is the apparent chapter-master of this band of knights, Knight-Commander Vignac. He seems to be a man of middling age and wears a long untidy beard. He has a large scar on his right cheek and deep brown eyes. To your left is Enchanter Gavin, who seems to be wearing a robe akin to the old Mages Guild. You're not entirely sure however, the Guild being disbanded. Gavin's face looks as if it would fall apart; tired from many days without sleep perhaps. To your right is Quartermaster Achel, the only Redguard you've noticed in the Order. He seems surprisingly clean in comparison to his compatriots.

The dinner is a near-abysmal failure. The main course seems to be a kind of groul, which to your noble senses is a disgrace to your blood. While you try to hide your disgust, your hosts clearly see your distress. Achel only looks at you with a curt smile while Gavin is too busy staring at his own bowl. Vignac however stands and with a very angered tone, screams: "Oh is this food to lowborn for your taste you high-crapping noble? Not enough spice? Oh no meat? You parasites are all alike and you'll be dead soon enough." Before he can raise his sword, your orc guards act quickly, putting their blades to the necks of both Achel and Gavin. "Can't even fight his own battles. Pah, nobs."

What do you do?

Count Lacroix expects you to meet him in the Autumn
Countess Lightbreeze has invited you to a feast in Winter.

I didn't expect rolls these bad so I'm gonna put all the Summer actions on hold till this situation is dealt with.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2015, 01:12:28 am »

(What the hell, ITS ON!)

Assume a casting stance. "I come to you in peace and friendship, sit at your table, tolerate your food, AND YOU REPAY ME INSULTING MY HONOR? Your order is lucky I am a generous man. I intend to do them a favor, AND BLAST YOU FROM EXISTENCE SO THAT A MAN OF ACTUAL WORTH MAY LEAD THEM! Meet me outside if you are man enough."

Storm out, addressing your bodyguards as you go. "Keep your blades where they are to prevent the others from interfering, but be gentle. One of you is likely holding onto the next Knight-Commander of this lot."

Duel the bastard. It may not be the smartest move, but it seems in character for us. Spam the summons and try to take his soul. If you make it outside significantly before he does, cheat a bit by pre-summoning something onto the shrine's roof with orders to jump down and ambush the knight once the duel starts.

If we win, Adress the Redguard. Tell Achel that he is now in charge of his order and responsible for their actions, and that he has two choices. 1: Swear an oath of loyalty to us. 2: His order faces trial (and likely execution) for the desecration of the shrine. If he takes the oath, have your guard release him, and tell him to re-base his operation in that tower people are complaining about. Promise to set them up with a budget once they report the tower is safe.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 01:43:50 am »

(What the hell, ITS ON!)

Assume a casting stance. "I come to you in peace and friendship, sit at your table, tolerate your food, AND YOU REPAY ME INSULTING MY HONOR? Your order is lucky I am a generous man. I intend to do them a favor, AND BLAST YOU FROM EXISTENCE SO THAT A MAN OF ACTUAL WORTH MAY LEAD THEM! Meet me outside if you are man enough."

Storm out, addressing your bodyguards as you go. "Keep your blades where they are to prevent the others from interfering, but be gentle. One of you is likely holding onto the next Knight-Commander of this lot."

Duel the bastard. It may not be the smartest move, but it seems in character for us. Spam the summons and try to take his soul. If you make it outside significantly before he does, cheat a bit by pre-summoning something onto the shrine's roof with orders to jump down and ambush the knight once the duel starts.

If we win, Adress the Redguard. Tell Achel that he is now in charge of his order and responsible for their actions, and that he has two choices. 1: Swear an oath of loyalty to us. 2: His order faces trial (and likely execution) for the desecration of the shrine. If he takes the oath, have your guard release him, and tell him to re-base his operation in that tower people are complaining about. Promise to set them up with a budget once they report the tower is safe.

+1

Sic the damn, "ooh, I hate nobles and authority! Meanwhile I'm also chapter-master but that's different!" guy!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2015, 01:48:25 am »

What do you do?

Instruct our guards to not hurt Gavin, but to kill Achel. Advise Gavin not to interfere, then gang up on Commander Vignac, three on one.

Once it's over, tell Gavin that we did him a favor and that he's free to walk away if he wants. But that we respect that he's still wearing the uniform, and we have uses for a man with his skill. And he looks like he could use a decent meal and more dependable sleeping arrangements.

Clean up, loot bodies, inform the priest that his problem is solved and go home. Preferably with our new enchanter, Gavin, in tow. But if not, let him go.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2015, 01:55:35 am »

Duel the bastard. It may not be the smartest move

I agree it's not the smartest move. Why would we do this? Not only does it needlessly risk our own neck, it means giving up the advantage we have. Two of their men are being held by our guards with swords at their throats. That "can't even fight his own battles" line is obviously an attempt to manipulate us into giving up our advantage. Why give him what he wants?

Gavin is an enchanter. He has value to us. And he's obviously unhappy where he is. Kill Achel, then gang up on the Commander, recruit Gavin, call it a day.

tell him to re-base his operation in that tower people are complaining about.
Promise to set them up with a budget once they report the tower is safe.

How does it benefit us to pay them to do...whatever it is that they're doing? We don't even know what their goals are.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2015, 02:07:22 am »

(What the hell, ITS ON!)

+1

Sic the damn, "ooh, I hate nobles and authority! Meanwhile I'm also chapter-master but that's different!" guy!
+1
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2015, 02:40:51 am »

Order of the Lamp

[1] "Very well nob, after you." Keeping your eyes on him, you watch him making sure he doesn't try to stab you your back turned. All the while, Achel seems to be telling Glesh some kind of ribald joke. As you exit the shrine, you find yourself distracted by the mention of a sload's backside by the Redguard, just long enough that you miss six or so knights coming in from behind you. They don't make any aggressive gestures, but they also distract you from Vignac coming up from behind you, sword at the ready. [5+1 vs 6]. Your guards warn you just in time, allowing you to dodge a slash of his blade. [2,2,5] You summon up a few scamps to help against Vignac, although they are quickly slain. Distraction provides +1 to your combat roll. [4+1 vs 4] It offers just enough time for you make a move on the chapter-master, stabbing his thigh with a small dagger. [6vs6] As if he unaffected, he lunges back at you, although you are able to narrowly evade it, anxiously summoning a [3] clannfear runt. Provides +1 combat roll.  [4+1vs3] The daedra, somewhat shocked, charges right at Vignac, giving you time to circle around him and go in for the kill. Just as the clannfear loses its head to Vignac's sword, you stab his back right between the shoulder blades. [2vs3] Just as it seems he was going to collapse, he quickly turns, slashing your belly. You feel the blood oozing out, but luckily, it seems to be only a surface wound. Before Vignac can do anything else, he finally collapses.

The duel won, you look at the other two officers of the Order. [1] You quickly realise that your guards have been paralysed and both Achel and Gavin are leaning against a column of the shrine. Achel smiles. "Seems you won my lord. Shame what you did with that poor bear though." Achel gestures towards Vignac and in place of him is a mangy bear. You also notice that all the knights were wolves. You look a bit dumbfounded and quite a bit ashamed. Bretons are supposed to be resistant to such tricks and a noble such as you should know better.

Gavin you notice is still Gavin. Achel notices your gazed and spoke in a nonchalant tone: "This one's real enough milord, just a wee bit dead. Just a tinge though."

"You're probably a bit confused milord, wouldn't blame ya. Illusions can be so believable..."

As much as you want to kill this Redguard, you know better. What do you do?

Count Lacroix expects you to meet him in the Autumn
Countess Lightbreeze has invited you to a feast in Winter.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:00:55 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2015, 02:46:27 am »

(Wait, what the fuck? So this whole time we were having dinner with wolves and bears?)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5