Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You are a Noble of High Rock (Elder Scrolls SG)  (Read 7779 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
You are a Noble of High Rock (Elder Scrolls SG)
« on: April 26, 2015, 11:26:13 pm »

This game is based off the Elder Scrolls but don't worry if you aren't familiar with it; if something isn't immediately obvious, I'll explain it.

The Imperial province of High Rock is known throughout Nirn for its bickering nobles, each fighting both in the field and in the court for both trivial and important matters. Perhaps a duke's daughter felt insulted that her dress was cheaper than that of her friend. Perhaps the local knightly order wanted to go raid the village over. Perhaps a count wanted the mill that was just outside his own fiedom. All, and many more, are valid reasons for a war to be started, fought by the quill and the sword.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, you have recently inherited a small fiefdom in Wrothgar; a barren region of High Rock. Bordering the lands of Orsinium, the orcish homeland, The Reach, the land of the primitive Reachmen and Haafingar, the capitol region of the province of Skyrim. Packing your belongings, you soon begin the journey to your new home, not knowing what to expect. Not like you had much of a choice though, being stuck in a debtor's prison...

What is your name?
What was your former profession?
What is your race?
Has anyone ever taken your sweetroll?

Spoiler: List of Races (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:28:08 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Noble of High Rock (Elder Scrolls SG)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:03 pm »

My name is Jeeluz-Jei.
I was a sneak-thief and assassin.
I am Argonian.
Many have taken my sweetroll. Many have had their lives taken...
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 11:43:50 pm »

My name is Vamugbu Sarod.
I was bodyguard to a Redguard noblewoman.
I am an Orsimer.
I had my sweetroll taken but once. The bloody paste left behind afterwards has guaranteed that to be the only time.
Black lives matter.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 11:50:55 pm »

We are Beran Hawkcroft, denizen of Wayrest, inherited our dear father's debt after his truly unfortunate passing. Nephew of Merard Hawkcroft, some baron or other in Wrothgar, recently deceased with no heirs, thus his holdings have come into our possession, fortuitously relieving us of our debt and - rather unfortunately - sticking us away in the barren wasteland that even the Nords cast off after the Reachmen's unseemly debacle.
We are a noble and a mage, continuing the proud tradition of our bloodline, and are insulted that you could have assumed otherwise.
We are a Breton, you dunce.
Yes. It is a rather sore subject, how kind of you to bring it up.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 12:20:56 am »

We are Beran Hawkcroft, denizen of Wayrest, inherited our dear father's debt after his truly unfortunate passing. Nephew of Merard Hawkcroft, some baron or other in Wrothgar, recently deceased with no heirs, thus his holdings have come into our possession, fortuitously relieving us of our debt and - rather unfortunately - sticking us away in the barren wasteland that even the Nords cast off after the Reachmen's unseemly debacle.
We are a noble and a mage, continuing the proud tradition of our bloodline, and are insulted that you could have assumed otherwise.

+1

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 07:12:34 am »

+1
Aye! +1
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 09:00:46 am »

You are Beran Hawkcroft of course. Breton to the bone, you have inherited your family's magickal skill, nobility and notorious ability to get into debt. Thankfully, it would be quite difficult to acquire a large debt in Wrothgar. Unfortunately, you would be in Wrothgar. Such is the way of things.

As a mage, you studied each of the magickal schools and disciplines. Each held their own specialities and purposes, but you mastered one in particular. Which was it?

Spoiler: Schools of Magick (click to show/hide)

As a Noble you of course have your own hanger-ons beckoning to your whim. Or at least, you did. Ever since your imprisonment, your former lackeys have been skittish in publicly talking to you, fewer yet offering to accompany you to Wrothgar. Strangers however, seem to beckon to you. Three odd individuals, each odd and strange, have offered to come to your new fief. Each have offered to help you to some degree but be warned that each also has their own reasons for journeying so far into barren Wrothgar. Only one can accompany you due to the heavy cargo of each. Which did you choose?

Spoiler: Prospective Companions (click to show/hide)

Regardless of your companion or specialty, you soon found yourself along the long windy road to Wrothgar. Your carriage was the best your family could afford, which was to say, moderately middle-class. You tried to steer your mind from your seeming poverty and onto better subjects. You now had a fief, you were free and now had a few days of beautiful countryside to watch. You soon grew bored of fantasising and began reading.

Eventually, you decided to read the documents your uncle's (legal) estate had sent you. Opening the first, you discovered the name of your fief. It was called...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 10:55:30 am »

Hmm. I'm leaning towards illusion, destruction, or conjuration. Probably illusion (since we're a noble) or conjuration (since we're a Breton). Eh.

We have mastered the art of conjuration: the summoning and binding of daedra. We traveled to Wrothgar with our companion, The Trader. We don't trust him in the slightest, but for now our purposes coincide. Thus do we arrive at our late uncle's wretched little barony: Arkwick.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 11:04:32 am »

Hmm. I'm leaning towards illusion, destruction, or conjuration. Probably illusion (since we're a noble) or conjuration (since we're a Breton). Eh.

We have mastered the art of conjuration: the summoning and binding of daedra. We traveled to Wrothgar with our companion, The Trader. We don't trust him in the slightest, but for now our purposes coincide. Thus do we arrive at our late uncle's wretched little barony: Arkwick.
+1
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 11:05:15 am »

+1
+1 edit:i agree with above except in that we should have the enchanter instead of the trader because i say boo to the reduced taxes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:18:56 pm by High tyrol »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 11:06:11 am »

I have mastered the arts of mysticism; bending the laws of the world around myself. It would be unbecoming to have to fetch my own drink from the parlor, would it not? I have journeyed to Wrothgar with The Enchanter. His skills as a smithy could come in handy, and a business selling enchanted goods is a sound prospect. Our travels came to an end at our newly inherited property, Corbarrow. (How disgustingly peasantlike, that name.)
Black lives matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »

+1
+1
Aye! +1

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 02:06:41 pm »

+1 edit:i agree with above except in that we should have the enchanter instead of the trader because i say boo to the reduced taxes.

I think the 'reduced taxes' thing is reducing the taxes levied against us by the King and/or the Empire, not the taxes we take from our filthy peasant subjects. I may be wrong on that, though.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 02:08:18 pm »

I think the 'reduced taxes' thing is reducing the taxes levied against us by the King and/or the Empire, not the taxes we take from our filthy peasant subjects. I may be wrong on that, though.
well if it is we pay less taxes instead of getting less taxes then i am fine with the merchant

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 05:06:39 pm »

+1
Aye! +1. We should keep the trader though... if there are taxes, they must be there for a reason.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5