Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33957 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game [Era 1, Round 2]
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2015, 07:24:50 am »

Also, Scapheap and Criptfiend, a friendly reminder that you're competing in the Roiling Vortex, so might wanna bid on that if you like.

Well I mean, defender wins ties right, so I might as well sit back and do nothing for now. Also Scapheap has more mana then me, he can just bid 54 for an auto win anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2015, 07:26:32 am »

Also, Scapheap and Criptfiend, a friendly reminder that you're competing in the Roiling Vortex, so might wanna bid on that if you like.

Well I mean, defender wins ties right, so I might as well sit back and do nothing for now. Also Scapheap has more mana then me, he can just bid 54 for an auto win anyway.
True, I'd forgotten that the attacker has to begin the bidding.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2015, 07:26:39 am »

((Yup aware of that one, just seeing if pencil is going to spread his plants or not this turn. If not, I'll use my bonus action. Also, I wrote that the Mouth was connected to the Lightseen Caverns and the Undersea but I'll remove the connection to the sea.))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:29:22 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2015, 07:28:56 am »

"True true, the sun was here first. Valid question where it came. Maybe made by greater god? Maybe made naturally. Maybe it is a god. But as gods, are role is not to philosophise; we make answer for the next who are to come, yes? They are to ask questions. Perhaps I misword; we can philosophise but that is not our role. Why philosophise when there is work, work work to do? Seems not-divine to ponder what mortals will."

The being shifted silently for a moment.

"We think and ask. Yes. Ask questions? Yes. But to think too much is not what we ought to. Perhaps this itself is philosophy? Maybe. I do not know and care little. Leave it for mortals to think."

"I will only accept this if you only create a tier 1 token on it next turn."

"Certainly. One for each plant spread of your accord. Which I expect 3 minimum, yes? "

"It is done."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2015, 07:30:11 am »

Also lol, so many abysses, any particular reason you guys made three of them?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2015, 07:31:19 am »

For the 110 mana credit and they might be useful in the following eras.

Also pencil, I'm assuming the 3 new Grass tokens are in the Glades? Or are they in the Rolling Hills?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:35:02 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2015, 07:34:25 am »

I'll bid the 54 mana to keep the Cha chas alive. I made them when there was two lots of blade grass on the sea.

Also I really want to know why Micelus is trying to kneecap me this soon.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2015, 07:37:32 am »

Well, I made two for what I presume are for the same reasons that you made three volcano stacked up on each other. It's just the mana effectent thing to do, and redundancy of elements that you want can't be a bad thing.

I don't necessarily want massive areas that are almost completely pointless to the game under my name, but that's what the system requires one to make. At least it makes a bit more sense with an abyss and I'm not like, making massive pointless lifeless plains.

I made them when there was two lots of blade grass on the sea.

This is a good point actually, you did make them before some turns got edited. It seems like if people can edit the turns that they make, it would only be fair to allow the people that make turns based on those turns to edit them. :/ Would you not put the Cha Chas there, now knowing that there isn't enough food for them without forcing a competition?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2015, 07:39:29 am »

60 Mana for the the annihilation of the Cha Chas.

I'll bid the 54 mana to keep the Cha chas alive. I made them when there was two lots of blade grass on the sea.

You just happened to be in regions that could be easily colonised. Sorry  :-[.

Well, I made two for what I presume are for the same reasons that you made three volcano stacked up on each other. It's just the mana effectent thing to do, and redundancy of elements that you want can't be a bad thing.

I don't necessarily want massive areas that are almost completely pointless to the game under my name, but that's what the system requires one to make. At least it makes a bit more sense with an abyss and I'm not like, making massive pointless lifeless plains.

I made them when there was two lots of blade grass on the sea.

This is a good point actually, you did make them before some turns got edited. It seems like if people can edit the turns that they make, it would only be fair to allow the people that make turns based on those turns to edit them. :/ Would you not put the Cha Chas there, now knowing that there isn't enough food for them without forcing a competition?

Yeah maybe a little retconning is in order?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2015, 07:40:31 am »

Yes, If it that allowed, can I have the cha cha removed from the sea(+10 mana since they still be there in the sky and the action to spread them. plus the 54 mana just now.)

Bullshit, you would stack in the Kaos Chasm since a bidding war with me could be costly compare to that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:44:10 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2015, 07:44:09 am »

Sorry.  :(

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2015, 07:45:40 am »

Probably because it's true to the personality of his character?

It's funny, because my thoughts had the same starting point but went in the opposite direction, namely, since an abyss will be a source of mana later on, you'd have to spend resources to secure it for the mana, making them a poor investment, since if you don't invest resources to control them, someone else will control them.

I wouldn't worry too much, since this shouldn't be a problem starting next turn (for some of us anyway), since we simply won't have enough mana to pull off that sort of tactic anymore.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:47:15 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2015, 07:47:58 am »

Yes, If it that allowed, can I have the cha cha removed from the sea(+10 mana since they still be there in the sky and the action to spread them. plus the 54 mana just now.)

Bullshit, you would stack in the Kaos Chasm since a bidding war with me could be costly compare to that.

But I am colonising the Kaos Chasm? I don't see what you mean.

EDIT: Oh you're asking why I don't fill up the chain in the Chasm. I have a feeling Spoon could easily crush my attempt at forming a chain there.

It's funny, because my thoughts had the same starting point but went in the opposite direction, namely, since an abyss will be a source of mana later on, you'd have to spend resources to secure it for the mana, making them a poor investment, since if you don't invest resources to control them, someone else will control them.

Ah well, just a game. Might as well make a few losses here and there.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:51:23 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2015, 07:50:07 am »

He means making tier 2 and higher fauna in the chasm as well, instead of making another tier 1 in the sky. I'd like to note that creating fauna is horrible inefficient compared to spreading them. Spread fauna pay of their cost in 5 turns, created fauna require 25 turns to pay of their cost. And that's assuming they weren't competed into extinction.

EDIT: Oh you're asking why I don't fill up the chain in the Chasm. I have a feeling Spoon could easily crush my attempt at forming a chain there.
Hey, you're free to try!  :D

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2015, 07:50:56 am »

Tier 2 in chasm or air would cost 75 mana, tier 1 in air cost 50 mana plus up to 98 mana in bidding doesn't make sense. If you were just spreading(10 mana) that I could understand.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28