Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26111 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double Throw
Axetaur

Simple way to finish him
+1
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

paralysing leg may fail and actually give him time to recover
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Double Throw
Axetaur

Simple way to finish him
+1
+1, but focus attack and use 6 MP
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:08:51 pm by Kassire »
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

The first hatchet flying through the air strikes him just to the side of the neck with a sickening crack!; the spear falls as the second hits blade-side first and lodges in his shoulder. He manages to roll to the side and draw the shortsword, although by that time, it's too late for him to stop the inevitable as you swing down to finish it by taking his head.

In a last moment of defiance, the Soldier pushes hard with his hip and thrusts the sword into your thigh as your strike lands in his stomach, shattering his spine. He glares hatred and defiance at you as he hisses and pushes the blade all the way through, then goes limp as he dies. You make sure to land on him as you fall, hands going to the sword lodged in your leg. It missed the artery, but being pierced through is quite painful. From the pounding of your heart and your breath, you can't quite hear the crowd, but you see them from the corner of your eyes as they rise to their feet. The sound of cheers steadily grows, and as the healers remove the weapon from your leg, stop the bleeding, and cast the spells to help you regenerate (itchy spells, unfortunately), you grin, weary but happy.

100g victory - 10g maintenance fee - 10g injury fee - 30g owner's cut - 50g earned

Reaction scene coming after I go out for dinner!

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

Woo, but we should put some use for focus attack next time
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

When you next have agency, you are in the slave barracks, holding a sack of gold with half your winnings. Between the 30% owner cut, the rent on the weapons, and the service charge for the healing, half is gone before you even touched it. Well, it's better than nothing.

What are you going to do with the money?
A) Buy a weapon. I'm not going to rent low-quality gear.
B) Buy a better room!
C) Pay tithes to Liagora
D) Put money towards the Contract
E) Seek training in a level I have
F) Seek training in a level I don't have
G) Bank the gold
H) Buy supplies for battle
I) Buy post-battle healing at a discounted rate in advance
J) Something else

You also need to decide on your official name, too, but you have a few days in which to choose (in-character). 

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minotaur Slave Gladiator-Warrior-Monk: Shopping and Plot 1
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2015, 11:02:51 pm »

C
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2015, 12:47:35 am »

PTW. Will finish reading later.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2015, 02:05:16 am »

C
+1
+1
I'd rather use it to buy a weapon so we don't have to spend money renting shit-quality weapons, but eh. We might get bonuses from paying tithes. +1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2015, 02:13:44 am »

We could buy a weapon then offer the remaining money to Liagora.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2015, 02:41:27 am »

Nah, let's just give thanks for sparing us in our first fight.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2015, 02:45:49 am »

We could buy a weapon then offer the remaining money to Liagora.
Nah, let's just give thanks for sparing us in our first fight.
Yeah, donating half to our deity is twice as impious than not paying at all. Might as well just donate all of it.
Dying of laughter?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2015, 03:02:49 am »

C
+1
+1
I'd rather use it to buy a weapon so we don't have to spend money renting shit-quality weapons, but eh. We might get bonuses from paying tithes. +1
+1

As Cheesecake said, it would be somewhat impious to only give the huntress half of our first blood. For all we know, withour her involvement we might not even get this chance at revenge, no? ;3
Also, our spells clearly made an impact. Our enemy never truly evaded us, nor hit us before the end.

Still, after next round getting our own, sharp axe sounds about right. Maybe also some combat training. While armour also would be nice at some point, for the start I would rather bet on offensive power.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24