Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34853 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2015, 10:00:40 pm »

I was referring to this specific game, I haven't seen enough of you in other games to make generalizations.

I'll get to reads eventually, still processing the game so far.

I don't mind processing. I can live with it to an extent.  But at what point do you think processing hurts instead of helps? I mean thinking and theorizing is all well and good, but it doesn't really move a game forward does it? Based on what you've seen gun to your head who is town and who is scum?
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2015, 10:01:48 pm »

You're not going to get an answer until tomorrow morning at the EARLIEST, because I'm up to my ears in homework and have like five big projects due in the near future.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2015, 10:06:01 pm »

Tea decided to lynch playergamer at the very end of the day. There was no way that playergamer could have defended himself. Tea: Why did you choose to lynch playergamer over OSG?
I mean, I already answered this, but I'll give it another go. I woke up and signed on when there was like 12 minutes left before deadline. I placed my vote when there was one minute left in the day. Nobody was going to be able to defend anything in those circumstances; I could move my vote to one of them and have a lynch happen, or I could let no lynch happen. The first post said that no lynches are terrible because of the lack of information, and so I was like all right fine I'll make a decision. As I said at the time, the decision felt pretty random due to the lack of information that had been posted...I had had some vague good feelings about some things OSG had answered, but he was saying some confusing shit at the end of the day and hadn't yet answered some questions from Dorsidwaf and 4mask. Playergamer just hadn't done shit, period, and showed no signs of ever doing shit, period, so I decided to lynch the dead weight and hope for the best. (As I had more confidence OSG would show up to "defend himself" or at least, like, do something that can be read, maybe.

Regarding not unvoting illgeo, I wasn't really sure how to react to the replace out request, it didn't seem like there was enough time to try out another pressure vote, I didn't have strong enough feelings about any of the active players to want to move it, I was really fucking tired, unvoting seemed boring, and I thought it might motivate you to post?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2015, 10:22:29 pm »

Quote from: roo
1.) Yes, but it didn't really change anything for me. Like nothing changed at all in terms of reads. it's one of three setups trying which is relevant if you're trying to find a game breaking strategy. And also relevant if you're trying to find some prs. Are you trying to find prs? Why so interested in the setup? And why did you think it might change my reads?
You seemed confused about why the initial fake-cop-claiming thing was happening and why it was so bad to bring up who you think the cop might be; I wanted you to understand that jailkeeper!=doctor because that's relevant to both of those things. No, I am not interested in outing the PRs - making sure you understand why it's bad to out who you think is cop is part of that. You've been saying things all game that show you completely weren't understanding my thought processes and it was frustrating me, but I guess you still don't. -_-

I guess the other basis of my frustration is that I don't even understand why me "defending" OSG by way of questioning Dorsidwaf is a scumtell? I don't get why it's one thing in the thread you seem to be basing all of your other reads on, at all, when there's other..actual blatant defending that has happened that you've found completely understandable. And if you're that sure about it, why aren't you voting me?

Your assessment of why 4mask wasn't killed seems really arbitrary, which is also annoying because that's one of the things you seem most sure on. Tbh I thought it was weird that Persus would get killed over him. I can think of possible reasons 4mask would be left alive if he's town, but given that neither Persus33 nor 4mask disagreed on anything or really posted reads, I don't know why 4mask being more wrong would be a factor and it sounds like you're reaching.

Can you also explain why OSG not voting is worse than, say, Dani (someone with no pressure on them) not voting? By not voting, OSG was potentially letting himself get lynched. Or am I misunderstanding you that you actually think it's worse, and it's just the combination of me 'defending' him and him not voting (in which case, can you explain that)?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2015, 10:39:29 pm »

Only two people are playing, while 4 mask theorizes.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2015, 11:37:46 pm »

Quote from: roo
1.) Yes, but it didn't really change anything for me. Like nothing changed at all in terms of reads. it's one of three setups trying which is relevant if you're trying to find a game breaking strategy. And also relevant if you're trying to find some prs. Are you trying to find prs? Why so interested in the setup? And why did you think it might change my reads?
You seemed confused about why the initial fake-cop-claiming thing was happening and why it was so bad to bring up who you think the cop might be; I wanted you to understand that jailkeeper!=doctor because that's relevant to both of those things. No, I am not interested in outing the PRs - making sure you understand why it's bad to out who you think is cop is part of that. You've been saying things all game that show you completely weren't understanding my thought processes and it was frustrating me, but I guess you still don't. -_-

I guess the other basis of my frustration is that I don't even understand why me "defending" OSG by way of questioning Dorsidwaf is a scumtell? I don't get why it's one thing in the thread you seem to be basing all of your other reads on, at all, when there's other..actual blatant defending that has happened that you've found completely understandable. And if you're that sure about it, why aren't you voting me?

Your assessment of why 4mask wasn't killed seems really arbitrary, which is also annoying because that's one of the things you seem most sure on. Tbh I thought it was weird that Persus would get killed over him. I can think of possible reasons 4mask would be left alive if he's town, but given that neither Persus33 nor 4mask disagreed on anything or really posted reads, I don't know why 4mask being more wrong would be a factor and it sounds like you're reaching.

Can you also explain why OSG not voting is worse than, say, Dani (someone with no pressure on them) not voting? By not voting, OSG was potentially letting himself get lynched. Or am I misunderstanding you that you actually think it's worse, and it's just the combination of me 'defending' him and him not voting (in which case, can you explain that)?

I wasn't confuse about the hypo-cop thing. Just thought it was misguided and not worth doing. It especially fails if their is no cop. Thinking about the setup is fine discussing it is fine. Creating much ado about nothing over the setup is slightly scummy in my book. What is gained from discussing the setup? That everyone is dandy and fine on it? Just fluff posts imo. Don't think it is worth going into in depth. Don't get frustrated I wasn't really paying attention to setup discussion. I saw no value in it.

I am not entirely sure about everything. I think that it was interesting that you chose player over osg. Both imho seemed like valid lynches if we are being completely real. Osg towards the end was looking worse. Seemed confused, withdrawn, reluctant. I would have said osg just can't really handle pressure well if asked last day phase. But if we look logically at the game from today. (what makes it so interesting is that wagons require a plurality instead of a set number; a problem imho). is that you hammered town and defended osg by proxy via attacking Dorsi. Now I wanted to vote Dorsi but I think the vote would have been a bad call. I might have been scum reading him because he was scum reading my town read. It was essentially Dorsi questioning my intelligence i don't think I swallowed that very well. So I think an apology might be in order (eventually). Now when I say attack it might be too aggressive, I also give rise to the possibilty that you are scum because only you and I are playing. So I might just bring you into the town pile and we can start lurker hunting.

and the 4mask read I don't think I am reaching honestly. I do think he is town. And you are right 4mask was mostly theorizing and not giving reads, but I think it might be one of the reasons he was left alive. I mean I don't know what to say to convince you that he is town. I am seeing everything he does or doesn't do through town colored eyes. it'll take some convincing on others parts to break that read today.

Now dani is fairly interesting low minimal activity. Okay posts. I can see their thought process fairly easily. Easy going. Doesn't really care about the game, which is evidenced by the not voting. The not voting is bad in my eyes. I don't think it's a scum tell (okay small scum tell) I think it's a don't give a crap about the game. And The main reason why osg has gone down is because you chose to not vote osg. You gave a reason which I found compelling, But this game has to make sense logically. Scum want as many mislynches in order to win the game. You caused a mislynch. Am I partly to blame? Yes. Do I regret it? no. Does it make me a hypocrite? probably. I don't mind tho. I didn't crusade for player gamers lynch i offered him up as an alternative to osg my town read at the time. When you asked Dorsi questions it seemed slightly defensive and fairly aggressive. And he is(?) going after osg. So yeah a potential scum pair. You attacking the player who is voting for someone you didn't hammer.  a bit convoluted and a hell of a title but I see a potential connection their.

Why am I not voting you? Because you seem to be the only other person playing and I don't want to alienate because I am not even close to sold on tea scum. Who do you think is town who do you think is scum?
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2015, 11:44:44 pm »

Sorry if I am sounding off. But have had to buckle down on schoolwork recently.

I am getting a town read on roo because he has a very distinguishable difference between his scum play and town play as far as I've observed and he is following his town. (more aggressive, and less angry)

I am getting a slight town lean on tea for bringing up good points with tangible evidence.

4mask's attitude against day extend worries me. While I know his concern for letting the game die, It does make him seem rushed. Slight scum lean.

Everybody else really hasn't posted enough for me to get a read on.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2015, 02:37:37 am »

@roo - For some reason everything you just posted makes way more sense than it did in previous iterations. I also realized that I kinda skimmed the couple of pages right before when the lynch happened because I was really tired and out of it, so I'll look back over it when I get a chance.

Night all

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2015, 01:42:36 pm »

Everyone Hey guys, sorry for not posting sooner, I didn't see that the day had come.

Roo: Why has the person you chose to vote for by logic instead of voting me based on 'your gut' flipping town  made you think me as more towny? Surely the opposite would be implied by that?

osg and tea is another potential team I have in mind. mainly because of tea attacking Dorsi.
This is called Chainsawing, and as it's a fairly major scumtell, you should probbably provide quoted posts when you accuse somebody of it. I personally couldn't see tea's fairly basic questions as a chainsaw defense.

Tea: Lynching a lurker for lurking probbably wasn't the best day 1 choice, as there's no way to examine connections and their posts to get solid detective work day. However, it sounds like you had to make pretty much a snap choice, and at the end of the Day, what's done is done.

Why have you been trying to analyse the scumkill, even though 2 ICs and the starter post told you not to?

4maskwolf
Quote from: 4maskwolf link=topic=149777.msg6178185#msg6178185 date=yesterday
I'll get to reads eventually, still processing the game so far.
Feel like getting around to posting your reads? Unless I'm being buggered by the time gap, this was yesterday. How long do reads of 6 players get?

Origamiscienceguy:
Was constant questioning, scumreading, and a vote not enough posting for you to get a read on me, OSG? Or did you try and leave me out of your reads to avoid an OMGUS accusation?

4mask's attitude against day extend worries me. While I know his concern for letting the game die, It does make him seem rushed. Slight scum lean.
[citation needed]
I can't see an attitude against day extend - where's this?

Dani: Why are you so frequently inactive?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2015, 02:03:38 pm »

Origamiscienceguy:
Was constant questioning, scumreading, and a vote not enough posting for you to get a read on me, OSG?
Correct. I am not leaning either way on you yet. You are a confusing case for me as of now.

[citation needed]
I can't see an attitude against day extend - where's this?
I was also hesitant to extend over the weekend because that is a near-certain killer of activity: see my rant in the Mafia Theory thread on the matter.
Here it is. I conceded that he has a reason for it, but that still makes me wary about it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2015, 03:13:31 pm »

Everyone Hey guys, sorry for not posting sooner, I didn't see that the day had come.

Roo: Why has the person you chose to vote for by logic instead of voting me based on 'your gut' flipping town  made you think me as more towny? Surely the opposite would be implied by that?

OMG being at my laptop is so much better than my phone. *breathes in* * exhales out* It does seem a bit counter-intuitive huh? But I think it is fairly sound the thought process. Mainly I was wrong; I don't know if you were right but there is a possibility. At the time I thought you were 100% wrong. And While lurker lynches don't gain anything in terms of information. They are deadweight and offer zero help to town and perpetuate paranoia. Lurkers are I think the main reason why town keeps losing. So between any lurker whoever they might be and someone semi-active god yes lynch the lurker.
Or not it's cool.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »

The slices were horrified at recent events.  Two slices gone stale.  Despite the looming, musty threat of the mold infestation in the loaf, they all appeared to be hesitant to act.

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf - (0) -
  • Dani - (0) -
  • Dorsidwarf - (0) -
  • TheDarkStar - (0) -
  • origamiscienceguy - (0) -
  • roo - (0) -
  • Tea - (0) -

Not voting - (7) - 4maskwolf, Dani, Dorsidwarf, TheDarkStar, origamiscienceguy, roo, Tea

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Day will end @ 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Friday, April 24th.

Dani is being prodded.
Please request prods as needed if I fail to catch inactivity.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »

TheDarkStar
I think this is the right course of action.

extend
Or not it's cool.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2015, 04:33:27 pm »

There are still three days in the Day, roo. Why are you trying to activate the three-day extension now?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2015, 04:33:50 pm »

EBWOP
There are still three days in the Day, roo. Why are you trying to activate the three-day extension now?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21