Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12773 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2015, 05:36:52 pm »

Ayzebel smiled, having caught most of the muttering.
"Perhaps their souls are in our bodies, now, and we'll meet ourselves again later."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2015, 06:27:59 pm »

Felicity perked up at this. "Oh that would be fun! Getting to meet yourself. I do hope this person wouldn't be upset with me having borrowed her body..."
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:33 pm »

Um... Is it too late to join?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2015, 09:10:23 pm »

Well, he wasn't lost, if he could see the others...and he didn't feel up to talking to strangers at the moment...besides, it seemed prudent to explore further into this place. It seemed unlikely to be particularly deadly, though he didn't plan on testing that theory in detail. Kanders walked to the left instead, running his fingers along the wall for the familiar feeling of stone beneath his now unfamiliar hands...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2015, 07:32:30 am »

(( Never too late to drop a sheet in. You won't get in immediately, but you may do later on. ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2015, 02:13:09 pm »

Regina

You take one of the knapsacks and tie it round your waist, slipping the blackjack in. It’s something of a tight squeeze, but it does just fit. Then, crossbow in hand, you return to the clothing pile - the crossbow has a small eyelet at the rear of the handle, and a strip torn from a once-fine ballgown serves as an adequate strap.
Whilst you are there, the dress catches your eye again, and you inspect it more closely. The tears are rough and uneven, more likely the result of thorns than blades, though one on the bodice looks more likely to be done by hand than either. The hem sees the worst of the tears, and it coated with mud. A few drops of blood crown the neckline. Turning it in, you can see a name embroidered onto the seam - ’Violetta Sapia’. There is something vaguely familiar about it, though again the details evade you.
Turning to the crossbow, you think it would be possible to detach the string, but there would be a fair chance of damage to it except for with the steadiest hands.

Ayzebel

You pocket the amulet, taking a few other items that catch your eye - an ankh, made of a distinctly golden wood; a small wolf statuette, a plain pottery affair that seems surprisingly lifelike; and a pair of dice, their faces inscribed with strange symbols rather than numbers or numerals. These fill your pockets, leaving little room for others.

Kanders

With your left hand on the wall, you begin to follow the corridor. The corner lies only a few metres away, and as you turn round it you feel a stick of sorts beneath your grasp - then sigh with relief as you see it is only a torch sconce. It is unlit, though a shadow of soot on the stone hints that it has been alight in the past few days. The corridor continues ahead of you, before reaching a dead end. A few more sconces dot the walls, seemingly at random, apart from two which flank a doorway on the left hand side - leading over the antechamber you first came to.
   The door itself appears as old as the stones around it - a thin sheen of oil covers it, keeping out the damp, and leaving a distinct arc on the floor that shows where it has opened.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2015, 02:22:14 pm »

Regina decided is wasn't worth it to damage the crossbow yet...she decided against keeping the dress, but she would remember the name, she hoped. It might be important.

She was ready to go.

Action: Move on when the others are ready

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2015, 03:48:22 pm »

"Unless there's anything else, we should move on."
Move on

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2015, 04:31:56 pm »

loot any weapons or small valuable objects, then move on with the others.

"maybe there is a sword in here..."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2015, 03:17:13 pm »

Regina & Ayzebel

Your time in the storage room finished, you exit through the door and round the corner, being greeted by the sight of a number of torch sconces. They are unlit, though a shadow of soot on the stone hints that they have been alight in the past few days. The corridor continues ahead of you, before reaching a dead end. A few more sconces dot the walls, seemingly at random, apart from two which flank a doorway on the left hand side - leading over the antechamber you first came to.
   The door itself appears as old as the stones around it - a thin sheen of oil covers it, keeping out the damp, and leaving a distinct arc on the floor that shows where it has opened.
   You join your companion - Kanders, you believe his name was - and consider your next move.

Embrus

The storeroom is somewhat bare of weapons - those that remain are all staves, and taking one would occupy your free hand. Still, you take one for now - you can always drop it or the bar later. The most clearly valuable objects are the wooden trinkets that are piled in the middle of the room. However, the best among them have been taken. You pocket a ring, decorated with delicate whorls, and a statuette of a dragon - its lower jaw is missing, but it is still evidently fine work.
   You then go to join the others.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2015, 03:40:06 pm »

Regina nodded to herself.

"...That's the best way, going forward slow and steady." She sighed.

Regina rested against a wall, waiting to see what would happen.

Action: Dawdle, prepare for action if it erupts
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 04:00:02 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2015, 03:42:15 pm »

Ayzebel held up a finger to shush Felicity before creeping forward - as well as she could - to listen at the door. If she could hear nothing, she opened the door.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »

Ayzebel held up a finger to shush Felicity before creeping forward - as well as she could - to listen at the door. If she could hear nothing, she opened the door.

((humm, I'm confused. Is this the door to some place else entirely?

I though it was the 'doorway on the left hand side - leading over the antechamber you first came to', hence we're trapped in a looping hallway.

Ummm...maybe I could make a map for the GM. :P ))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2015, 03:49:50 pm »

((Umm.... as in it leads into a room above where the antichamber was.

So up the stairs, storeroom on the right, left and left again and the door's on the left - behind the stairwell. ))

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2015, 03:58:37 pm »

((alright, I was confused...my bad. Have to edit my turn too.

I wish it would have said 'leading to a room over the antechamber you first came to.' :P ))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24