Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12771 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2015, 08:33:01 am »

Regina ran her hand over the rough stone walls. She thought they would be easy to climb-the uneven hewen walls had numerous handholds and footholds-though she was aware this body wasn't very strong, it was dexterous and agile. She thought she could get up there.

"...I'm going to try to see if I can find out what's above us-that shaft. I hate the feeling we're being herded in one direction. Give me just a moment. I'll probably fall on my arse anyway..." she says, with a dry chuckle, looking to test her grip.

Action: Try to climb up into the shaft and see if I can get it open somehow.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2015, 04:31:19 pm »

"Better you than me... I'm not used my new flesh just yet." A hint of mirth bubbled fro mher mouth at the absurdity of that statement.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2015, 11:09:41 pm »

"What a strange place. I'll just-just look around, I think...."

Kanders seems to wander off, to look at walls and corpses, his knowledge and love of archaeology staying true even through death, and even when it could do nothing to help.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2015, 07:14:47 am »

Kane looked around the room, examining every feature for any markings he might identify the place as from legends.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2015, 08:35:04 am »

Felicity looked thoughtfully up at the shaft.
"That shaft, they threw the bodies down it. It'll lead to the same place as the stairs, least that's how it seems."

Take the stairs up.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2015, 11:52:17 am »

Regina

Your body is not strong, but it is light and dextrous - taking a moment to plot a route, you begin to climb. The walls are rough and your slight digits easily find cracks and ledges, pulling yourself to ceiling level with ease. Less easy is the backwards jump to the shaft, but that too is made, and  by pressing your arms against one side and legs against the other you reach the top.
   A cautious press on the top reveals it to be some kind of heavy slab - some kind of metal from the feel, and dark grey. You think it could be moved, though it may be risky from the precarious position.
   A moment later, you hear sounds from above - they sounds faintly like voices, though you can’t be certain.

Kane and Kanders (and Embrus)

Remaining in the antechamber, you examine the room more closely. It is plain and unadorned, and resembles the construction found in some underground tombs, though no particular style shows through. In fact, different blocks and joins seem to have been made in a variety of different styles, and to varying degrees of quality. The corpses themselves are slightly more interesting. Almost all are from Alleria, and from their features and clothing you can see that most are from the western edge, near the mountains. A few seem exotic, as if from beyond the mountains, but you cannot tell much apart from that.
   You also notice that there is no lighting in the room - and yet you can see perfectly well.

Ayzebel and Felicity

The stairs lead up into the side of a corridor, made much like the room below. The path looks well trodden, and to the left turns a corner, appearing to head back above the antechamber. To the right the corridor comes to a stop after a few metres, in a wooden door - it seems old, but well maintained.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2015, 11:55:34 am »

Felicity walks over to the door to examine it, pressing against it lightly.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2015, 12:16:34 pm »

Regina put her ear to the stone, trying to make out the voices...

Action: Brace myself against the stone, and try to listen closely to the sounds
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2015, 01:53:59 pm »

Ayzebel waited for Felicity to hear and report.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2015, 08:39:34 am »

Felicity

The door is unlocked - it swings open a crack at your touch. Through this gap you can glimpse what appears to be a small storeroom, and you can see a pair of bucklers and a mound of cloaks from where you are.

Regina

Upon further listening, you become sure that they are voices. There seem to be three, all high pitched and using an unfamiliar tongue. Two of the voices are raised, as if arguing, whilst the third is somewhat quieter, and seems to be being ignored.
   You can feel a twinge in your arms, which feels somewhat like tiredness - you don’t know how much longer you can hold this position.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2015, 08:49:54 am »

Regina knew more than a few languages from her time as a spy-Alleria had many pockets of humanity who spoke different dialects in their various city states, and it was not at all surprising that an effective agent would have an ear for the local lingo.

...but she wasn't sure if she knew this one...

Action: Try to make out some words, but if I can't make out the language at all, then head back down. If I can, stick around and try to listen.

Afterwards, follow the others up the stairs.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:16 am »

"Ayzebel! There are clothes here! I knew this place wasn't as bad as you made it sound."

Felicity rushed over to the cloaks and put one on before picking up a buckler and trying that on. Combat wear wasn't her typical fashion, but it seemed to be what was available here. She looked around for anything else in the storeroom.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2015, 04:45:16 pm »

"Oh? And where did these cloaks come from, do you think?"
Regardless, she smiled at her euthasastic companion, plodding over to pick up the other buckler.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2015, 05:16:08 pm »

Felicity became thoughtful. "Well, there's a lot of bodies down there. And they seem to have come from elsewhere. So whoever runs this place must collect the bodies, and the cloaks too since the bodies have no need for them... Wait, that makes this stealing!" Felicity was visibly upset by this by this thought, and struggled before coming back with an answer. "But see, we were among the bodies down there. These cloaks came from us! So see, it's not stealing, they were already ours." Felicity gave her new friend a wide smile, and was quite proud of herself.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2015, 06:40:47 pm »

"Then we take of this blessing, and afterwards offer thanks to both the gods and the dead." She smiled back, taking a thick cloak and replacing her ragged one.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24