Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]  (Read 12774 times)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shattered Souls [Multiplayer RPG]
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2015, 05:40:38 pm »

Ayzebel held up a finger to shush Felicity before creeping forward - as well as she could - to listen at the door. If she could hear nothing, she opened the door.
Felicity nodded excitedly and followed Ayzebel quietly.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2015, 10:45:35 pm »

Kanders

With your left hand on the wall, you begin to follow the corridor. The corner lies only a few metres away, and as you turn round it you feel a stick of sorts beneath your grasp - then sigh with relief as you see it is only a torch sconce. It is unlit, though a shadow of soot on the stone hints that it has been alight in the past few days. The corridor continues ahead of you, before reaching a dead end. A few more sconces dot the walls, seemingly at random, apart from two which flank a doorway on the left hand side - leading over the antechamber you first came to.
   The door itself appears as old as the stones around it - a thin sheen of oil covers it, keeping out the damp, and leaving a distinct arc on the floor that shows where it has opened.

Kanders smiles faintly at the oil, preserving the door where it might have rotted with age otherwise. The craftsmanship didn't seem terrible either. Now, hopefully it would be unlocked, too...

Testing the handle to see whether it will open, he also looks around a bit to see if any of the sconces have something left in them, a burnt out torch, even. Would make nice charcoal, possibly, for marking things and paths with.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:00 pm »

Ayzebel places her ear to the door, motioning to the others to be quiet, as Kanders takes a torch stub. The door eases open very slightly at her touch, showing it to be unlocked. From beyond sound can be heard - voices, in an unfamiliar tongue. They are sharp and high pitched, much like those heard by Regina earlier.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2015, 06:32:57 pm »

"I hear others." Ayzebel murmured quietly to the others. "Whoever they are may be less than pleased to see the dead walk, but I have no wish to die again. Prepare yourselves for a fight."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2015, 08:22:43 am »

"Should we try to lure them here, or just rush them?" Regina asks, very quietly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2015, 09:04:13 am »

put on the ring
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2015, 09:25:46 am »

"I'd say rush. If they could bar our way out, we'd be doomed. I don't know if we can starve to death, but I'd prefer not to find out."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2015, 09:41:44 am »

"Alright, who volunteers to go first?" Regina said quietly, flicking her bone-dagger into an off-hand wield. Her slight, willowy body really was not suited to taking damage.

((OOC; Felecity and Ayzebel have the highest toughness in our party btw.
And unless my very high skill translates into doing damage, I'm going to suck at fighting. :P ))

Action: Regina rushes with the rest, though she lets the others go in first, unless she can hit and fade with a sneak attack-she skulks around and flanks the strongest looking enemy, stabbing them with her bone shiv in the back. Flee and evade if targeted directly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2015, 10:29:24 am »

"I can tread softly, if necessary. If we must fight our way through, elimination of even a single one beforehand would be helpful."

He tightens his grip on the piece of wood in his hands, grimacing.

"I would by far rather us either sneak past or find a different way out though; I, at least, am in no condition to fight."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2015, 10:37:17 am »

"There's only two ways out of here-out this door, or backtrack and try to open that hatch in the roof we saw. At least this way we can defend ourselves-though I doubt the rest of you can climb it as easy I did. I heard voices up there too, if you'll remember.

I wouldn't mind sneaking past, but with a group our size it's going to be impossible to totally evade enemies. We have no idea how large this place is, either. Perhaps we can wring the information from one of them...I say we deal with this next group as quick as possible. Avoid combat if we can, but otherwise do what we have to do to keep moving forward."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

"I will. It's my plan, after all."

With a sudden, violent motion, she booted the door open and charged in.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2015, 06:13:47 pm »

((Update tomorrow, whether other people post or not.))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2015, 11:44:52 am »

((Update tomorrow, whether other people post or not.))

((which means half the AFK party will stand around watching the paint dry while the more active players get slaughtered? :P ))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2015, 01:19:13 pm »

Embrus

You slip the wooden ring onto your finger, to no tangible effect.

All

Ayzebel sends the door inwards with a swift kick, actually managing to knock one of the hinges loose of the woodwork. It thuds against the other side of the wall, revealing what at first glance appears to be an unoccupied room - though dirty with signs of inhabitance. A ladder leads up the left wall to a trapdoor in the ceiling, and a brown line of stain runs from there through an archway in the righthand wall, passing three haphazardly placed mattresses on it’s way.
   Following it through the arch with your eyes, you find what are presumably their owners. Two sit on low stools around a heavy lead plate on the floor, to which the one end of the line leads - it splits shortly before this, leading off behind the side of the archway. The third occupant sits behind the plate, looking at you in a heavy chair.
   All three of the creatures appear to be of the same type. At a stretch of the imagination it could be said that they looked like children, or old men - twisted to sit somewhere between the two. They are short, though their legs seem stunted where their arms seen gangly. Their faces are deeply lined, and their eyes small and wholly black under bold heads. Two are dressed only in loincloths, and their ribs stand out under their pale skin. The other wears a chain shirt, clearly much too large for it - it is to the left of the plate. The creature opposite it holds a sword in a relaxed grip - though so inexpertly that it is doubtful if it knows how to use it. The third, facing you, seems even bonier than the second, and it’s skin hangs loose. It is holding a cleaver in one hand, and a whetstone in the other.
   All three are also in the process of making their way to their feet, clearly startled at your entry. However, it is not clear if they intend to move towards you or away.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GMnote (click to show/hide)

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2015, 01:35:06 pm »

Regina stepped forward, speaking in a commanding, reasonable voice-putting her charisma to work. She had surely talked herself out of worse situations than this one.

There was that one time in Jibouti...

"...nobody make any sudden moves. We're not looking for trouble-we just want to get out of here. Why don't we try and work this out in a civilized manner, instead of fighting? We're not foes. We're just...confused." she said, expecting that one to throw a cleaver at her as an answer. Still, she raised her 'knife' and tucked it into her belt, then raised both her hands in a peaceful gesture that could hopefully transcend language barriers. She even gave a steady smile that she was sure would be entirely misunderstood.

She couldn't been entirely sure these people were to blame, or were actually intent on harming them. She had an idea they were corpse thieves, sure, but maybe they would hesitate to attack the living. Of course, she was not that imposing herself-a slight, 20 year old female with a fucking bone for a knife.

Watch the language, Regina scolded herself.

Action: Diplomacy time, watch out for sneakiness

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24